About to do my first ranked match...

#11SozanekPosted 2/21/2013 2:26:08 AM
Just start playing rankeds. It's not that big of a deal some people here are making it to be.

You'll get into your skill level rather quickly, and then you can try to climb.
---
Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#12LithspPosted 2/21/2013 2:29:21 AM
Sozanek posted...
Just start playing rankeds. It's not that big of a deal some people here are making it to be.

You'll get into your skill level rather quickly, and then you can try to climb.

It's a bad idea to jump into ranked. "Your skill level" could be so much higher with just a few games at level 30 normal drafts.

Why gimp yourself?
---
[]Signature[]
#13SpoonyMangos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:31:49 AM
I think it might be a good idea to wait a little while after hearing what you guys have to say, I might quickly to my team matches because my friends have been waiting for me to get to 30, but for my solo matches ill probably wait a while. Could I play one or a few of my placement matches now, wait a while and then continue? or do they all have to be completed in a certain amount of time? sorry for all the silly questions fellas.
#14LithspPosted 2/21/2013 2:33:39 AM
SpoonyMangos posted...
I think it might be a good idea to wait a little while after hearing what you guys have to say, I might quickly to my team matches because my friends have been waiting for me to get to 30, but for my solo matches ill probably wait a while. Could I play one or a few of my placement matches now, wait a while and then continue? or do they all have to be completed in a certain amount of time? sorry for all the silly questions fellas.

Can take as long as you want in between placement games.
---
[]Signature[]
#15AppleframerPosted 2/21/2013 2:36:30 AM
SpoonyMangos posted...
hmm okay I think that is a good idea. So potentially it is possible to be ranked bronze in solo and have your team be ranked gold or silver or any other rank is another? Interesting...

Yeah, in solo/duo you are ranked as an individual. In ranked team matches the teams are ranked as a team. Your solo/duo performance has nothing to do with your team ranking and one team has no impact on another team.
#16SpoonyMangos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:43:26 AM
Oh okay thats great to know guys thank you. One other more specific question I had is about going teemo top, in normal Ive had little problem with this but im afraid that if I go teemo top in ranked our team will be gimped with no tank, unless our jungle is tanky, does this make him less viable as a top?
#17casperrulezPosted 2/21/2013 3:16:03 AM
With the exception of drafting and the increase in anger from teammates when something goes wrong, as well as the requirement to own 16 champs to play ranked, everything is the same when compared to blind normals.
---
ThisIsOchoa anywhere it matters
Nothing I post is relevant. Ever.