Stop playing ranked

#1ninplayerPosted 2/21/2013 9:20:24 AM
Maybe if everyone stopped playing ranked, Riot would fix the terrible league system and actually figure out a way to prevent toxic players from ruining people's experiences.

A recent game I had:

I was AD Carry. The guy with last pick was supposed to support but picked Wukong. I thought, well, alright, that's weird, but as long as he wards and doesn't take CS I don't really care.

He starts Doran's Blade and is stealing CS.

"Dude stop taking CS and gets wards"
"Wukong needs gold. I need Trinity Force"
"But you're laning with the AD Carry who needs gold more"
"Stfu noob Wuk's stronger than Twitch"

Wukong proceeds to go 0/3 before 10 minutes and feeds the enemy Graves and the game is over at 20.
#2Bail_TaviraPosted 2/21/2013 9:22:19 AM
Funny thing is Wukong is an awesome support early game and can instagib with a competent ADC at six
#3XxjudgementPosted 2/21/2013 9:22:57 AM
If its your first few games in ranked duo que. Let everyone get the roles they want and just fill in the rest.
---
XBL: Woah its Martin
LoL: Woah its Jesus
#4ArkhanoidPosted 2/21/2013 9:24:13 AM
I had a Xin go bot lane the other day, can't remember who our ADC was.

He didn't steal cs and actually bought a few wards before going something ridiculous like 28-4.
#5cjmithrandirPosted 2/21/2013 9:38:10 AM
Funny thing is, even though thats annoying, he isnt doing anything wrong.

going against the grain of the meta isnt a crime. yes its annoying, yes it might lose you the game, but its a GAME. adapt, and play on.

I picked olaf support yesterday. Other than a huge ping spike that ended up with my adc dying, we were doing darn well against caitlyn/soraka, because hell. its a GAME.

"boo hoo, someone went against the meta, and now idk what to do."

cmon man. (not trying to be a jerk honestly, just trying to help you see from a different perspective. in all honesty, i probably wouldve raged in the moment too. gl hf on the fields of justice)
---
"You'll prob'ly win or lose, it doesn't matter what you do" - Dyrus
LOL IGN: Octavyan
#6angermngment101Posted 2/21/2013 9:59:27 AM
I had a karthus "Support" bot lane, and i couldnt out-CS him, b/c his range was a lot better than me as sivir.

I told the team im going to afk if they dont figure out what to do.

The warwick top lane decided to roam instead, and let me take top lane farm vs a Garen. I eventually beat the enemy draven in CS, and destroyed him in a 1v1 when he came top lane thinking he could fight me (the idiot ulted me, so I blocked it with my shield, and then dodged it on the way back without messing up my auto attacks).

The karthus then proceeded to 1v5 (and do nothing) and hang out in our jungle for the rest of the game, while the rest of our team
I think sivir, Ryze, WW, and maokai 4v5'd the enemy team (karthus didnt even ult when they were low, or even ever...).

But we won. Without that little ****er. He really wanted to lose this game im guessing. Either that or hes an idiot.
---
Gamefax
#7Kandar888Posted 2/21/2013 10:01:22 AM
cjmithrandir posted...
Funny thing is, even though thats annoying, he isnt doing anything wrong.

going against the grain of the meta isnt a crime. yes its annoying, yes it might lose you the game, but its a GAME. adapt, and play on.

I picked olaf support yesterday. Other than a huge ping spike that ended up with my adc dying, we were doing darn well against caitlyn/soraka, because hell. its a GAME.

"boo hoo, someone went against the meta, and now idk what to do."

cmon man. (not trying to be a jerk honestly, just trying to help you see from a different perspective. in all honesty, i probably wouldve raged in the moment too. gl hf on the fields of justice)

Here's the kicker though. Sometimes doing whacky and crazy stuff turns out GREAT! However, when it fails, it normally fails so hard that the game is completely unsalvageable. So in this case, it's really nice having someone in the role of "dedicated" support. A champion who's kit brings something to the team that helps win team fights. Even if you lose bot lane, a support champion such as Sona, Thresh, Taric, Leona all have an amazing kit to support the team. Going "kill" lane essentially requires that you win lane at a minimum.
#8angermngment101Posted 2/21/2013 10:03:24 AM
Here's the kicker though. Sometimes doing whacky and crazy stuff turns out GREAT! However, when it fails, it normally fails so hard that the game is completely unsalvageable. So in this case, it's really nice having someone in the role of "dedicated" support. A champion who's kit brings something to the team that helps win team fights. Even if you lose bot lane, a support champion such as Sona, Thresh, Taric, Leona all have an amazing kit to support the team. Going "kill" lane essentially requires that you win lane at a minimum.

Even if they win their lane. Whats underleveled, underfarmed Olaf going to do in team fights? Certainly nothing if you are thinking he can survive long enough to do anything.
---
Gamefax
#9Kandar888Posted 2/21/2013 10:06:38 AM
angermngment101 posted...

Even if they win their lane. Whats underleveled, underfarmed Olaf going to do in team fights? Certainly nothing if you are thinking he can survive long enough to do anything.

Did you not read the last sentence of my post? I clearly said, even going kill lane requires you to win lane at a minimum. MINIMUM. Meaning, your lane is going to have to steam roll your early game dominance to the other lanes so that your team, as a whole, has a good mid-game lead and a stronger advantage, hopefully, if going into the late-game.
#10xMikhalxPosted 2/21/2013 10:07:46 AM
Meh, nope. We had 3 people on their series; 2 to diamond, 1 to div 2 plat. They trolled themselves by picking 3 top laners.

Had another game where a "legitimate platinum" player demanded top and just insta-locked Jax after we already had our roles called (he's last pick). He fed top lane and blamed jungler for not ganking for him. Last pick; picks someone he feels "doesn't beat Darius" and expects jungle presence.

Bad players are bad; and toxic players will be toxic. Can't change it.