Stop playing ranked

#11angermngment101Posted 2/21/2013 10:07:58 AM
Did you not read the last sentence of my post? I clearly said, even going kill lane requires you to win lane at a minimum. MINIMUM. Meaning, your lane is going to have to steam roll your early game dominance to the other lanes so that your team, as a whole, has a good mid-game lead and a stronger advantage, hopefully, if going into the late-game.

Im not talking to you. My post is directed to the "META SUCKS I DO WHAT I WANT" scrub. Its in addition to your post.
---
Gamefax
#12ninplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:32:04 AM
cjmithrandir posted...
Funny thing is, even though thats annoying, he isnt doing anything wrong.

going against the grain of the meta isnt a crime. yes its annoying, yes it might lose you the game, but its a GAME. adapt, and play on.

I picked olaf support yesterday. Other than a huge ping spike that ended up with my adc dying, we were doing darn well against caitlyn/soraka, because hell. its a GAME.

"boo hoo, someone went against the meta, and now idk what to do."

cmon man. (not trying to be a jerk honestly, just trying to help you see from a different perspective. in all honesty, i probably wouldve raged in the moment too. gl hf on the fields of justice)

You're really missing the point. He wasn't just "going against the meta," he was effectively making his team's AD Carry useless, because they ARE useless without CS and kills, something that he wasn't helping me get. Supports are a staple for a reason.
#13bstbllPosted 2/21/2013 10:33:06 AM
ninplayer posted...
Maybe if everyone stopped playing ranked, Riot would fix the terrible league system and actually figure out a way to prevent toxic players from ruining people's experiences.

A recent game I had:

I was AD Carry. The guy with last pick was supposed to support but picked Wukong. I thought, well, alright, that's weird, but as long as he wards and doesn't take CS I don't really care.

He starts Doran's Blade and is stealing CS.

"Dude stop taking CS and gets wards"
"Wukong needs gold. I need Trinity Force"
"But you're laning with the AD Carry who needs gold more"
"Stfu noob Wuk's stronger than Twitch"

Wukong proceeds to go 0/3 before 10 minutes and feeds the enemy Graves and the game is over at 20.

I don't get it. You had a bad experience with a player and.... you're blaming the league system?
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#14EDumeyPosted 2/21/2013 10:43:39 AM
ninplayer posted...
Maybe if everyone stopped playing ranked, Riot would fix the terrible league system and actually figure out a way to prevent toxic players from ruining people's experiences.

A recent game I had:

I was AD Carry. The guy with last pick was supposed to support but picked Wukong. I thought, well, alright, that's weird, but as long as he wards and doesn't take CS I don't really care.

Wukong proceeds to go 0/3 before 10 minutes and feeds the enemy Graves and the game is over at 20.

I don't get it. You had a bad experience with a player and.... you're blaming the league system?

This exactly. This sort of crap happened even with the old rank system. Also in normals at pretty much every level.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#15ninplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:45:56 AM
bstbll posted...
ninplayer posted...

A recent game I had:

I'm saying both things are the problem. I just didn't provide an example for the league system lol
#16boktai3Posted 2/21/2013 10:49:18 AM
ninplayer posted...
cjmithrandir posted...

going against the grain of the meta isnt a crime. yes its annoying, yes it might lose you the game, but its a GAME. adapt, and play on.

I picked olaf support yesterday. Other than a huge ping spike that ended up with my adc dying, we were doing darn well against caitlyn/soraka, because hell. its a GAME.

cmon man. (not trying to be a jerk honestly, just trying to help you see from a different perspective. in all honesty, i probably wouldve raged in the moment too. gl hf on the fields of justice)

You're really missing the point. He wasn't just "going against the meta," he was effectively making his team's AD Carry useless, because they ARE useless without CS and kills, something that he wasn't helping me get. Supports are a staple for a reason.

adc shoulda just farmed better instead of typing to the wukong, and its your whole teams fault for making him support when he doesn't want to, want a good support? be it, dont expect others to be it.
#17FRo3tBLo0dPosted 2/21/2013 10:54:09 AM
You had a scumbag on your team, How is that Riots fault? The guy was just being a troll, Not much Riot can do about that. That has nothing to do with the ranking system. That is just a scumbag being a scumbag.
#18P00DGEPosted 2/21/2013 10:57:33 AM
I had a terrible run in ranked, but decided to just MF only. On a 10 game win streak now, and have been going an average of 15/4/10 every game, with one game resulting in 2 pentas and a score of 22/0. IK even had supports JUST like the ones you mentioned, except they couldn't speak spanish and didn't communicate with the team. Still carried their asses to victory.
#19P00DGEPosted 2/21/2013 10:59:02 AM
cjmithrandir posted...

Normals are just a game. Ranked is understandable to get upset over, and is certainly not the place to experiment with new ideas.