BloodThirster or Infinity Edge first on Caitlyn?

#11anilEhilatedPosted 2/21/2013 11:14:04 AM
IE unless you hate doing damage.
---
For who could ever...?
#12shrimp1992Posted 2/21/2013 11:16:16 AM
ever since bt nerfs i feel like the more expensive route of vamp ie pd is better, if you're confident you can farm against the enemy adc.
---
Falcons record 11-1
#13SorrySleepingPosted 2/21/2013 11:23:46 AM
Depends

If you're winning the lane get BT first

If you're behind get IE first

Whats the reasoning for this? I need to know. I dont wanna just follow some guidelines without knowing why.

If you are behind, it is likely you could end up dying and losing stacks or just not getting the CS to fill it fast enough. I feel like Cait likes IE first more, mainly for the headshot crits.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#14mantana888Posted 2/21/2013 11:32:37 AM
angermngment101 posted...
Depends

If you're winning the lane get BT first

If you're behind get IE first

Whats the reasoning for this? I need to know. I dont wanna just follow some guidelines without knowing why.

BT first allows you to absolutely dominate your lane with superior AD and lifesteal. You get it if you're ahead so you can keep expanding your lead going into the mid-game

IE first allows you to reach end-game damage faster.

Think about it like this, BT is a mid-game item and IE is a late-game item. If the enemy is ahead and gets their mid-game items before you, then it's probably not a good idea for you, the AD who is supposed to carry in the late-game, to also go for mid game items. If you do, you will always be behind the enemy AD.

However, if you immediately get for your late-game items, you can get them out around the same time that the enemy will as long as your team didn't feed hard.

tl;dr if you go for a BT while you're behind, you will always be behind unless your team crushes in fights. If you go for an IE while you're behind, you can get to late-game faster and hopefully out-carry the enemy.

I hate it when you have an idea in your head but can't explain it in words..
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#15EDumeyPosted 2/21/2013 11:41:03 AM
BT gives superior dueling power.

IE gives more Team Fight power.

If you're ahead in lane, you can abuse that dueling power by making it so your opponent can't even get close to CS, zone him away, and take a quicker tower. You'll see a lot more BTs in pro games because their ultimate objective is to take objectives, for which they like the bullying/extra ad from BT.

If you're behind someone like an Ezreal as Cait, you just plain are not going to out-duel him. It won't happen unless you get hella jungle/mid ganks. So in that situation, the only thing BT is giving you is the sustain to stay in lane, but you only really need a Vamp and maybe a couple potions here and there when you're behind. So you choose to go IE instead, and rely on your crits to keep you relevant in teamfights.

So I guess you could say that the IDEAL way to outplay your opponent is to get BT first. But at the same time, if you're truly ahead of your opponent, Vamp/IE is going to give you that same advantage in lane while still giving you earlier access to late game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#16easymodexzPosted 2/21/2013 12:21:39 PM
Aside from lane wins/losses, it also depends on the "real" likelihood of any "dueling" action.

If the game in general is not going to be resolved until teamfights, then go for IE. In other words, your team needs you to simply unload autoattack damage.

If there's a lot of skirmish and poking, BT is a better option for the sustain and for the raw Q and R damage.

If your team has support / synergy with your autoattacks (Nidalee, Nunu attack speed buffs, etc), then IE.

BT is basically slightly earlier/stronger skill damage and sustain.

IE is more autoattack pew pew pew.

So get whatever you need / will need the most.
#17Skunkdog1Posted 2/21/2013 12:35:57 PM
i always go IE first on any ADC
#18ForgettablePosted 2/21/2013 12:58:03 PM
IE with a vamp scepter somewhere between