playing hecarim in solo queue always feels like a huge risk

#1xDarknezzxPosted 2/22/2013 11:08:44 AM
hes a lategame monster but early game i dont think his ganks are good at all and you cant really duel people either. he also has pretty much no cc. if your team is crap and starts feeding you cant really do much to help them out.
#2centurion911Posted 2/22/2013 11:09:56 AM
You play Hecarim when you have a bunch of lane dominators. That way you can scale to endgame in relative safety.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#3Lord_WoobiePosted 2/22/2013 11:10:39 AM
You can say the same for pretty much any jungler except for Diana, Lee Sin, and Xin Zhao, or any other duelist-extraordinaires that can get fed without their team and make a huge impact on the game.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#4xDarknezzx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:12:03 AM
centurion911 posted...
You play Hecarim when you have a bunch of lane dominators. That way you can scale to endgame in relative safety.

good point
i never thought about this
#5TekutsoPosted 2/22/2013 11:17:05 AM
His gank are actually pretty good, and hes one of the best champions to hard carry games with at the moment. You dont beat a fed hecarim.

I see no risk.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#6ninplayerPosted 2/22/2013 11:19:41 AM
What's wrong with his ganks? His E is a huge speed boost and heavy knockback. You just swing around and knock the enemy guy near your turret and go to town with your mighty aoe stuffs. I've never had problems ganking with him.
#7Sir Spiffy CapePosted 2/22/2013 11:46:31 AM
If you really have trouble ganking with him just max E first.

Smash any lane with E. You have now successfully made them waste a flash, and you can now run up the river to E the next lane in your way. If not, you kill them.

Then midgame comes and you are underleveled and have trouble farming, but you scale into lategame with 1 expensive item and 2 moderately costly items and you should have caused enough early game damage.

Or if you have to play Hecarim normally then carry harder nub.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#8xDarknezzx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:49:17 AM
ninplayer posted...
What's wrong with his ganks? His E is a huge speed boost and heavy knockback. You just swing around and knock the enemy guy near your turret and go to town with your mighty aoe stuffs. I've never had problems ganking with him.

i just usually have problems getting behind people now that everyone and their mother has a ward
#9DiortePosted 2/22/2013 12:01:31 PM
xDarknezzx posted...
ninplayer posted...

i just usually have problems getting behind people now that everyone and their mother has a ward

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#10Savra104Posted 2/22/2013 12:19:26 PM
I have a similar issue with Hecarim. At best, I can ram them to the side or something but enough people tend to ward (especially bot lane) that I don't succeed enough while ganking. It also hurts when my ally doesn't have (much) CC of their own and/or the enemy just sits next to their turret to farm.

I wouldn't say that it's a risk, though. Just a bit harder than people claim it is to succeed with Hecarim against opponents that aren't greedy/dumb. His late game is still something to look forward to (and a nightmare for many enemy teams).