How many roles should you play well in Ranked?

#1Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 2/22/2013 6:06:46 PM
How many roles should you play well in Ranked? - Results (55 votes)
1. Master of your position, leader of the charge.
9.09% (5 votes)
2. Great with 1, good with a backup.
20% (11 votes)
3. Know a simple majority, able to find a role no matter what.
29.09% (16 votes)
4. Know all but one, hoping to never have to play said role.
12.73% (7 votes)
5. Play all the roles- master of none but decent all-around.
29.09% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
In my opinion, you only need to be great with one. I main jungle and play mid and support when needed.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.
#2MetleonPosted 2/22/2013 6:10:18 PM
Either know at least 3 lanes or play one type of champ really well (tank, dps, burst, assassin, etc.). I find doing well in teamfights is usually better than doing well in lane, so if you know how to play, let's say, tanks, you'll know what to do with a mid Malphite once teamfights come around.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#3GetHighAndPlayPosted 2/22/2013 6:11:41 PM
My Favorite would be top but I also enjoy jungle a bunch probably a toss up between the 2.
When I really want to win i prefer to play mid as you can snow ball your other lanes very easy.

Enjoy support, dont like playing ADC though.
---
XboX Live = Lyle420
#4themagicpainmanPosted 2/22/2013 6:11:59 PM
Master one or two, know how to play all.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#5Z-911-ZPosted 2/22/2013 6:12:29 PM
Be good at two, at least decent with the rest.
---
http://oi48.tinypic.com/ev7vir.jpg
#6YoketaPosted 2/22/2013 6:15:36 PM
If you can't be decent with all 5 lanes, don't play ranked. Play normals and practice that position until you can play it right. There is no reason to not know how to play all positions, this game isn't hard.
#7SmishhhPosted 2/22/2013 6:25:55 PM
You need to at least know all the roles, even if you aren't great at some of them. At least enough to the point where if you do happen to get stuck with it your team doesn't get the impression you're intentionally playing poorly.

You need to understand all the roles on a theoretical basis just to be able to be able to comprehend the strategy of it as a team based game, and you should be ready enough for the rare occasion where you happen to get stuck with your least favourite role.

Its not really that hard to do any of the roles at an acceptable level. Just play safe, don't die when it could have been avoided and coast along until laning is over. If you suck at teamfights, play some ARAM till you are familiar with all the champs you own mechanically.
#8flaminglinkPosted 2/22/2013 6:29:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]