Nami any good?

#21Sir Spiffy CapePosted 2/22/2013 10:28:28 PM
Tali_Zorah posted...
JetdaHawk posted...
Nami is actually really, really good if you learn how to hit her Q. It's about predicting where the enemy is going to be, not aiming it at where they are, much like firing a gun at a moving target. It hits hard and can set up some amazing plays with the ADC. Her W is great for poking too.

Yeah it's pretty much like this.

I've been playing a fair bit of Nami on Dom lately, and I get a fair few comments along the lines of "omg dont pick nami" and "troll nami" and such, but most of the time at least one person in the game will comment on how I'm doing good. Of course, being Dom and all, I still get some of those teams that are just absolutely hopeless, but I usually do well as her.

The thing is, she has two AoE hard CCs that also deals decent damage, one of which is followed up by a slow, a heal/poke, and a damage steroid with attached slow that can be cast on anyone. She has all the tools she needs to be a boss at team fights, she just doesn't have much laning presence against people that have half a brain.

Just have to rush that 40% CDR, really.

Pretty much this, except any game on SR will have heavy emphasis on laning phase.

If you do poorly in lane, you can expect the opposing team on that lane to do extremely well. Unfortunately for Nami, she is meant to be in the one lane that absolutely should not lose.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#22Tali_ZorahPosted 2/22/2013 10:32:54 PM
Yeah, thats why Nami does better in Dom than in SR. Dom pretty much launches into the team fights and stalling on the points, Nami can do both quite well.

SR has more emphasis on laning, which is where Nami falls off a fair bit. She CAN succeed at laning, but it's much harder to do so than with the other supports.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#23MegaSlime(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:41:30 PM
Any buffs in the near future?
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure