wow garen is such a joke champion

#1xDarknezzxPosted 2/23/2013 2:13:45 PM
-takes literally no skill to play
-no ability costs at all
-get out of jail free card
-can build pure tank and still do as much damage as an ADC while being invincible

first time since i started playing that i ve seriously thought a champ was overpowered
#2TruHNIC187Posted 2/23/2013 2:14:55 PM
Garen is good one of the first champs i bought but ...... easily countered guys
#3xDarknezzx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 2:16:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Computer_5Posted 2/23/2013 2:38:11 PM
Garen is hardly invincible. I play Garen probably 5 out of every 10 games. He's a good champ. The one big weakness Garen has is that he has no instant gap closer. He has his Q to run fast, but he still has to catch up to his prey. Teemo/ Kat/ Jarvan can give him a run for his money or any long range caster. Combo mages can go toe to toe with him since he has to run to do any damage. but if a caster's combo's are on cooldown or if he doesn't get bursted, you're gonna be squashed under a giant sword from the sky.
---
Computer 5- 0010 1001 1010
#5AthinielPosted 2/24/2013 9:22:00 AM
xDarknezzx posted...
-takes literally no skill to play
-no ability costs at all
-get out of jail free card

-can build pure tank and still do as much damage as an ADC while being invincible

first time since i started playing that i ve seriously thought a champ was overpowered

The bolded parts are true. If a bad plays Garen, that bad feeds and loses the game for his team. While Garen isn't the HARDEST champ to play, he certainly requires skill (as does every champ).

Your last claim about him doing ADC levels of damage are completely absurd. For him to do big damage he has to sacrifice his tankiness to get more crit and ad.

Pure tank Garen loses games as hard as a bad Garen. He has to break 270ish AD to be any relevant damage late game (and again, that is not ADC levels of damage). Thus, you are not building pure tank.

It sounds like you've never really used Garen, don't understand the champ at all, and most likely got rolled by someone who does.
#6themagicpainmanPosted 2/24/2013 9:46:53 AM
Eh, I see Garens build extremely tanking yet still do enough damage to warrant them as a threat. They just walk through your team and kill your carry.

But more importantly, his laning phase is just idiotic.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#7xDarknezzx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:48:03 AM
how did you even find this topic
#8FlareZeroPosted 2/24/2013 10:02:05 AM
Athiniel posted...
It sounds like you've never really used Garen, don't understand the champ at all, and most likely got rolled by someone who does.

That's pretty much what happens to this guy all the time.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#9xDarknezzx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:39:24 AM
FlareZero posted...
Athiniel posted...

i thought you were dead
whats up dude
hows bronze v treating you
#10XxjudgementPosted 2/24/2013 10:41:35 AM
xDarknezzx posted...
FlareZero posted...
Athiniel posted...

i thought you were dead
whats up dude
hows bronze v treating you

Its treating us well, Tyvm.
---
LoL: Woah its Jesus