AD vs AP Sion

#1QuikScopsRKewlPosted 2/23/2013 4:56:49 PM
Okay. So I like Sion. I do really well with him.

I go mid, and almost ALWAYS win. Not my lane, but the game. I roam around and get every lane fed while still one-hitting people. It's great. Anyway, late game finally rolls around and I start falling off because EVERYONE builds Warmog's now.

My question is: should I sacrifice my early game presence for super late game hard carries? Or is it better to just stick to AP and hope your team doesn't suck?

The reason this topic was brought up is because I was just in a 50 minute game where bot fed SUPER hard and it was looking grim. Long story short, I sold my full AP build late game and went AD. I sold Deathcap, Void Staff, Lichbane, DFG, and Boots of Mobility. While keeping GA. I bought IE, 2 PDs, BT, and Last Whisper. We ended up loosing the game and I can't help but feeling it may have been because of me switching AD.

tl;dr
Should I sacrifice my early game presence or pub-stomp late game?
#2FvPPosted 2/23/2013 4:57:35 PM
AP
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3cautionifeedPosted 2/23/2013 5:32:46 PM
AP Sion early game is limited by mana costs but still decent, mid game is good, and late game is bad (limited by cooldowns and only 2 offensive abilities)

AD Sion is decent early, decent mid, and godlike late. As long as you don't explode in teamfights, you should be alright. I recommend building GA or Warmogs.
#4BondedByBloodPosted 2/23/2013 5:56:05 PM
AP is good early, crap late

AD is meh at best early, but pretty much a physical god lategame if farmed well
---
FFIV is better than FFVI. People who agree: 2
#5BondedByBloodPosted 2/23/2013 5:57:42 PM
cautionifeed posted...
AP Sion early game is limited by mana costs but still decent, mid game is good, and late game is bad (limited by cooldowns and only 2 offensive abilities)

AD Sion is decent early, decent mid, and godlike late. As long as you don't explode in teamfights, you should be alright. I recommend building GA or Warmogs.

So I don't consider myself a Sion expert, but doesn't he get free HP already?
---
FFIV is better than FFVI. People who agree: 2
#6GoldenFantasyPosted 2/23/2013 6:03:44 PM
BondedByBlood posted...
cautionifeed posted...

It takes so long to get a Warmogs worth of armor that it's not worth it.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#7DemaciaRookiePosted 2/23/2013 6:06:00 PM
I personally love AP Sion. Always have since Season 1.

AP Sion is just a matter of pushing and ganking, making Boots of Mobility useful.
---
Akali defines true balance. Something the other Ionians can't do.
"Its the beginning of your ending"
#8happyscrub1Posted 2/23/2013 6:06:19 PM
GoldenFantasy posted...
BondedByBlood posted...
cautionifeed posted...

It takes so long to get a Warmogs worth of armor that it's not worth it.

Plus that altma AD sion late game.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.