Should I be rushing a Runaan's Hurricane for AP Teemo?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 2/24/2013 9:29:26 AM(edited)
Or, is it not worth it?

Also, any general Teemo/Teemo build advice? Other than "be annoying with mushrooms"?

edit: Umm, I know how everyone feels about Teemo. But, Ia ssure you that this really is a serious topic. I really want to get good with him.
---
Thou shalt not hide stakes in my shrubbery.
#2SpacefrisianPosted 2/24/2013 9:31:40 AM
Never even bother with huricane, its a garbage item.

If you need it for farm, than you are bad with last hitting.
If you think you can go 1 v 2 or more than you are either brave or stupid.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#3Frost_shock_FTWPosted 2/24/2013 9:32:04 AM
I wouldn't get it until your on hit damage is high enough. Maybe skip it entirely for more single target damage if you can't safely hit 2-3 people at once.

Deathcap+Liandry's is far more important for the most frustrating shrooms ever. Then if you have to choose between Hurricane, Nashor's, Malady, Lich Bane, Void Staff...depending on the matchup you may find you don't want Hurricane at all.
---
You have fought well, giant clam. Prepare to be vanquished!
Contacts in Profile
#4RyliksPosted 2/24/2013 9:33:55 AM
Well it isn't the first item I rush, simply because I will need to pay huge amounts of gold "for awesome farm potential" and teemo is NOT a teamfight presence ...he is a roamer ...
So I usually start with the ability tome 25 ap ...
And then try to build malady and sorcerers boots
Malady ? : on hit effect and reduces magic resist : ur poison and ap teemo ? Magic resist lowers damage ;) and On hit 40 damage are always nice.
Then ! It depends on the enemy whether i go "full farm split push teemo" with runaan ... Or I go all out ap teemo and get deathfire grasp...I go with frozen mallet if I have a hard time hitting ppl first though wonderful 700 health and on hit slow ... Trust me if done right u "one Encounter" many foes that aren't "too tanky" just by chasing them down with frozen and malady and maybe another ap item in the mix.
Sometimes If I want my shrooms to be "op" i take lyandris torment...
Damage over time effect plus about 800 dmg from
A shroom with slow ... Profit ! XD
And after that ... It is up to yourself ...
More ap, more survivability ...
I once had a teemo with 3800 health
Why ? Because the game went 70 minutes and I was overfed with 26 kills
i had like ... Too much money anyways... Just keep in mind teemo =
Not a teamfight presence ... Ur range sucks and if theres a blitzcrank or any hard cc enemy ... You will see the death screen faster than u can see ur health bar dwindle down =(
#5FoxxyFelineeePosted 2/24/2013 9:36:06 AM
No just stop it. Stop.
---
I support Diablo online only, it's an MMO.
#6_HeXPosted 2/24/2013 9:36:39 AM
AP Teemo you just want to stack as much AP as possible. Combine DFG with Lich Bane proc and his Q and watch the magic happen. Liandry's is also core.

tl;dr forget Hurricane
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#7XcaIIionPosted 2/24/2013 9:45:18 AM
rushing, no. getting as a later item, maybe.
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#8Shadow EdgePosted 2/24/2013 9:49:15 AM(edited)
Maybe as a situational last/luxury item.

Core items are Sorc Shoes, Liandry and Rabadon/Void.
---
ns
#9NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:48:41 AM
Alright, thank you, guys
So umm, Malady or Liandri's first then?

And, I assume anything with CDR is wasted, right?
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#10B01tPosted 2/24/2013 9:49:09 AM
I'd use something like:
Liandry's, Deathcap, Rylais, Nashors, then Hurricane. Not certain about the order, but Liandry's and Deathcap are must haves, and Nashor's is great on ap teemo too, after you have plenty of ap. Hurricane would be pretty good too, once teamfights start up.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.