Why aren't there any females on any of the pro teams?

#1eye_gougerPosted 2/24/2013 10:21:09 AM
Serious question.
---
dat bass.
#2Master Of The DeadPosted 2/24/2013 10:21:43 AM
I know a few of the Korean teams had some females on their teams in S2, but I think they were just subs.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#3anilEhilatedPosted 2/24/2013 10:22:50 AM
hosan
---
For who could ever...?
#4GetHighAndPlayPosted 2/24/2013 10:28:38 AM
Teams try not to handicap themselves.

Very very few women are let alone 'good' at games and their 'good' is usually just 'Meh'.

I only know one women I would even possibly consider haveing on a pro team and it would be for the FPS ShadowRun not this.
---
XboX Live = Lyle420
#5SoraOwnsAllPosted 2/24/2013 10:45:45 AM
It's funny because gender has nothing to do with game ability.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#6eye_gouger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:49:16 AM(edited)
Teams try not to handicap themselves.

Very very few women are let alone 'good' at games and their 'good' is usually just 'Meh'.

I only know one women I would even possibly consider haveing on a pro team and it would be for the FPS ShadowRun not this.

But why can't they be "good"?

This isn't real sports where males are physically stronger at the competitive level. How would gender play a role?
---
dat bass.
#7YourLuckPosted 2/24/2013 10:51:23 AM
Well actually there are a couple of possible reasons.

Females just never bothered to get good at the game or to play at that level.

Females don't really want to be in the teams to avoid the attention and stuff.

The teams may not think females can bring that much to the table.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#8DartkunPosted 2/24/2013 10:56:19 AM(edited)
Gender has nothing to do with ability.

HOWEVER, A large population of this game is male, therefore the odds are in favor of guys being mostly on pro teams. And consider, how many streamers that are female that are actually like high plat. It's just a numbers game. If you think that (I'm making numbers up) 90% male / 10% female means 9:1 representation, you are wrong. Top representation is almost logarithmic. And that's just considering the entire player base right? You'd have to consider who actually aspires to be on a pro team.

It's like my University. For the longest time guys were the majority in the business faculty. Therefore each year the top student was a guy.

The past couple of years the numbers have actually gone in favor of females 60/40 in my faculty. And since then there have been 3 females and 1 male as top student.

I really doubt there is some actually benevolence behind the gender inequality. And hell, if you follow SC2. Look at Scarlet. Yeah there are people who hate on her for her gender, but the vast majority just like her because she plays amazing Starcraft.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#9xDarknezzxPosted 2/24/2013 10:54:27 AM
there are a few on starcraft 2
#10kaysa13Posted 2/24/2013 11:04:06 AM
Dartkun posted...
Gender has nothing to do with ability.

HOWEVER, A large population of this game is male, therefore the odds are in favor of guys being mostly on pro teams. And consider, how many streamers that are female that are actually like high plat. It's just a numbers game. If you think that (I'm making numbers up) 90% male / 10% female means 9:1 representation, you are wrong. Top representation is almost logarithmic. And that's just considering the entire player base right? You'd have to consider who actually aspires to be on a pro team.

It's like my University. For the longest time guys were the majority in the business faculty. Therefore each year the top student was a guy.

The past couple of years the numbers have actually gone in favor of females 60/40 in my faculty. And since then there have been 3 females and 1 male as top student.

I really doubt there is some actually benevolence behind the gender inequality. And hell, if you follow SC2. Look at Scarlet. Yeah there are people who hate on her for her gender, but the vast majority just like her because she plays amazing Starcraft.

You are spot-on.
---
This is a signature.