Anyone else think Garen is a bit ridiculous at the moment?

#31tristin809(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:35:14 PM
aHappySacka posted...
darkman95 posted...
lol at Cho'Gath. You must play scrubs, how exactly does an AP caster who builds HP win lane against a tank with a 2 second silence and an ult that damages based on HP.

Who says I build AP on Cho'Gath? you foolish meta sheep, go crawl back into whatever hole you came out of.

lol
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)
#32POkemon_PoWeRPosted 2/24/2013 5:56:45 PM
SoulknightX0 posted...
Mueviz posted...
Lithsp posted...
Elise is his hardest, and only true, counter.

Some people say Teemo, but he's really not.

What? You just need to not get hit by e and there you have a dead spider lady. With his w he absorb a lot of elise's early burst q to get in and dodge the stun, his e melts elise's spiderlings and elise too.

You only need to avoid getting poked with elise q and you can achieve that by using the brushes.

Only a straw league Elise would ignore warding the brush against garen.

Garen's W can't counter Elise's Q, cause it's got 4x the CD
Garen's E isn't going to do anything if he gets stunned, and if he doesn't, elise presses E in spider form.
Garen's Q gets an E to the face followed up by QW if he goes for it if not spider E
Garen's R requires him to have elise low.

Where does garen win?

When Garen can have his rotation up around every 7 - 10 seconds.
You're going to make Elise blow her mana, while she tries to keep your passive from activating.
If Elise's Q still had base mana cost still, she'd probably win but now with her high mana costs, Garen will be able to outsustain her.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#33mutation10101Posted 2/24/2013 6:17:14 PM
I have 0 problem laning against a Garen as Elise. But that isn't the problem imo. I've faced 4 or 5 Garens as Elise, every time I stomp him pretty hard *One game their jungler camped top, so it was a stale mate.* But once he gets a couple of tanky items and BC, you can't ignore him anymore. The ADC/AP have to either deal with him asap and get wrecked by their ADC/AP, or get crapped on when he Q's and E's into you.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#34shutyourmouth03Posted 2/24/2013 6:39:44 PM
With the right runes and masteries he can start with a ridiculous amount of hp where he can zone anyone out at top lane.

It's all downhill from there.
#35LithspPosted 2/24/2013 6:53:37 PM
Mueviz posted...
Lithsp posted...
Elise is his hardest, and only true, counter.

Some people say Teemo, but he's really not.

What? You just need to not get hit by e and there you have a dead spider lady. With his w he absorb a lot of elise's early burst q to get in and dodge the stun, his e melts elise's spiderlings and elise too.

You only need to avoid getting poked with elise q and you can achieve that by using the brushes.

Not at all. Elise Q does percent damage, which Garen doesn't like at all - his W absorbs jack all of this, not to mention she actually has very good burst as well as decent sustained damage - Garen can't run her out of mana like most other champs either - which is a huge part of his lane phase, because her spider form doesn't use mana.

Elise is definitely the hardest counter in the game for Garen.
---
[]Signature[]
#36_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 2/24/2013 7:39:50 PM
no garen is fine and it urkes me to know hes getting a nerf, why cant we just all leave garen alone

his new skin caused him to be too op

obvious garen main here
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts