What are the advantages and disadvantages compared to Dota2?

#1Neverwinter27Posted 2/24/2013 5:54:41 PM
trying to figure out which game to play, but can anyone here outline the good and bad of the 2 games in terms of gameplay, social aspects, etc?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTdNA-Btig
#2aHappySackaPosted 2/24/2013 5:58:53 PM
I heard you can use a search engine to find answers to commonly asked questions.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3AvisonPosted 2/24/2013 5:59:03 PM
Both have terrible communities. Dota 2 is incredibly unintuitive and so is LoL but to a lesser extent. Dota 2 has a higher skill cap as a result of its unintuitiveness.

Dota 2 has more varied itemization... because of how unintuitive it is. LoL has very simple items and builds and currently kinda hp stack heavy.
---
-True knowledge is understanding why you truly know nothing.
GT: "Avison Atrius" BB Mains: Hakumen, Arakune
#4DarksteelPosted 2/24/2013 6:30:06 PM
Disadvantage of playing LoL: You are playing LoL.

Also LoL's community is far worse.
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#5Kharn99Posted 2/24/2013 6:32:25 PM
Darksteel posted...

This. And before you try to contest this, keep in mind that the DotA community can handle these features that the LoL community claims is just "troll bait":
-pause feature
-denying
-voice chat
-huge number of friendly abilities (teleport an ally to a location, etc)
-ward blocking
-creep blocking
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chosen40k/
League of Legends = checkers DotA 2 = chess
#6DrewdadruidPosted 2/24/2013 6:34:58 PM
Darksteel posted...

This. And before you try to contest this, keep in mind that the DotA community can handle these features that the LoL community claims is just "troll bait":
-pause feature
-denying
-voice chat
-ward blocking
-creep blocking

In my little DotA 2 experience the voice chat is used for nothing but verbally abusing new players
---
http://elohell.net/images/chill/44cfd21be802936535d172d0e98d782f.gif
http://i.imgur.com/aBtgt.jpg IGN: DrewDaDruid
#7DarksteelPosted 2/24/2013 6:51:42 PM
Drewdadruid posted...
Darksteel posted...

-pause feature
-denying
-voice chat
-ward blocking
-creep blocking

In my little DotA 2 experience the voice chat is used for nothing but verbally abusing new players

DotA2's community is by no means a merry little gathering of friends, but LoL is the cesspool of the Internet, my nerdy ass has played a LOT of games. Only one that comes close is GoW3 or CoD games, and that's mostly just due to the voice chat rage.
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#8YourLuckPosted 2/24/2013 6:54:37 PM
Drewdadruid posted...
Darksteel posted...

-pause feature
-denying
-voice chat
-ward blocking
-creep blocking

In my Dota 2 experience, I have never found a micspammer or someone who uses voice chat to verbally abuse teammates. In fact, everyone I've seen that use a mic is using it for communication.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#9Mystic__HatePosted 2/24/2013 6:59:01 PM
YourLuck posted...
Drewdadruid posted...
Darksteel posted...

-pause feature
-denying
-voice chat
-ward blocking
-creep blocking

In my Dota 2 experience, I have never found a micspammer or someone who uses voice chat to verbally abuse teammates. In fact, everyone I've seen that use a mic is using it for communication.

This, I have played only about 40 games but not a single micspammer or overly abusive person. People want to win, period, trolling doesn't help that. Thats not to say there hasn't been the occasional call out but its generally alot nicer with something helpful actually said rather then pure rage.
---
necroix05 posted... As balanced as my breakfast.
but I only had the cereal
#10LaveronxPosted 2/24/2013 7:02:34 PM
Dota has by far the worst community. League of Legends is more user friendly and just as fun. I guess it depends on how much time you want to put into it. Dota requires a MUCH larger time investment to get even remotely good. League has an infinitely better system for dealing with new players. On the other side, Dota is much more extravagant with its gameplay.

I would say it depends on how much time you want to put into it. If you want to play casually to moderately a lot, play LoL. If you're planning on dropping a lot of time (multiple hours a day), play Dota.
---
Story of my life: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/367svi/
LoL IGN: Laveron