The one thing I don't like about this game is the way item builds work.

#1BenWhoDrownedPosted 2/24/2013 7:01:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love this game and play it everyday, but it really bothers me that all champions in a certain role buy very similar items. This is especially true with ADCs and top champions.

I mean, if you are ADC, you'll have IE, PD, BT.
If you are top, Warmogs, BC.

I feel we should have more viable item options.

Does this bother anyone else?
#2SoulknightX0Posted 2/24/2013 7:02:20 PM
Hilarious cause S3 was supposed to change this. Only role I think that got new build life is support with the dozens of new item actives
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#3aHappySackaPosted 2/24/2013 7:03:16 PM
If it was more complicated the kids that play this game would complain that they would have to think about which items to buy and it wouldn't be so beginner friendly as well.

Go play Dota 2 then?
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4BenWhoDrowned(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:07:59 PM
Calm down, I said I love this game, this is the only one thing I dislike.
#5Savra104Posted 2/24/2013 7:16:21 PM
It doesn't bother me. However, I would love to see characters deviate a bit more from each other. I'd like to see items with more synergy per character too.

Stuff like Ravenous Hydra for Melee and Hurricane for Ranged are actually pretty good ideas in small amounts. As long as we don't end up with ADCs using 4-5 range-specialized items while people who don't adopt end up "noob-trapped".
#6GoldenFantasyPosted 2/24/2013 7:18:57 PM
BenWhoDrowned posted...
Don't get me wrong, I love this game and play it everyday, but it really bothers me that all champions in a certain role buy very similar items. This is especially true with ADCs and top champions.

I mean, if you are ADC, you'll have IE, PD, BT.
If you are top, Warmogs, BC.

I feel we should have more viable item options.

Does this bother anyone else?

ADC's are the ones who usually have the same items.
Not all tops build AD. Some can build pure tank and still do something just because of their kit.
It's all based on the situation
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#7Tro77TroPosted 2/24/2013 7:30:06 PM
It's, rarely, but on occasion, based on the situation

FTFY
---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O
"Why would they add LBGTWTFBBQ characters if Riot can't even add a brother?" -Slayn
#8Mystic__HatePosted 2/24/2013 7:46:22 PM
Tro77Tro posted...

FTFY

This.

You name me 1 single top as of late that doesn't rush Warmogs into sunfire/randuins/iron locket/bulwark, and I'll tell you that you built him wrong.
---
necroix05 posted... As balanced as my breakfast.
but I only had the cereal
#9HagenExPosted 2/24/2013 7:47:33 PM
Mystic__Hate posted...
Tro77Tro posted...

FTFY

This.

You name me 1 single top as of late that doesn't rush Warmogs into sunfire/randuins/iron locket/bulwark, and I'll tell you that you built him wrong.

Rumble.
#10FFFanboy78912Posted 2/24/2013 7:50:50 PM
There are a lot of new things people can play with in any role, its just that the items that the standardized item builds are tried and true and can work with pretty much any situation thrown at them. There's definitely a lot of niche items you can throw into your build, but people don't like to deviate much from what they know will get them through just fine if not optimally.