The one thing I don't like about this game is the way item builds work.

#11Tactician_LordPosted 2/24/2013 7:52:32 PM
GoldenFantasy posted...
BenWhoDrowned posted...
Don't get me wrong, I love this game and play it everyday, but it really bothers me that all champions in a certain role buy very similar items. This is especially true with ADCs and top champions.

I mean, if you are ADC, you'll have IE, PD, BT.
If you are top, Warmogs, BC.

I feel we should have more viable item options.

Does this bother anyone else?

ADC's are the ones who usually have the same items.
Not all tops build AD. Some can build pure tank and still do something just because of their kit.
It's all based on the situation

I build pure tank with Thresh, it`s utterly ridiculous. I can initiate with a team fight with my chain, get in and use my ultimate...then watch as they throw everything at me yet I don`t die, meanwhile my team is destroying them piece by piece. Even better if there are no mages on the enemy team, then I build health and armor and laugh in their faces.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#12zeppelin312Posted 2/24/2013 8:32:04 PM
HagenEx posted...
Mystic__Hate posted...
Tro77Tro posted...
It's, rarely, but on occasion, based on the situation

FTFY

This.

You name me 1 single top as of late that doesn't rush Warmogs into sunfire/randuins/iron locket/bulwark, and I'll tell you that you built him wrong.

Rumble.

akali
Cho(albeit he can if he wants to)
Elise
Fiora
Gp
Irelia
J4(can, but top4 tends to opt for a bit of damage to a lot of damage based on the match)
Jax
Jayce
Kat
Kayle
Kennen
Kha
Lee
Lulu
Morde
Nasus
Nid(she can if she desires, depends on the game)
Pantheon
Poppy
Riven
Rumble(aforementioned)
Singed(He has other things he can opt for that are better, but he isn't opposed to the items)
Sion
Swain
Talon
Teemo
Tryndamere
Udyr
Vi
Vlad
WW
Wukong
Yorick
Zed

Warmogs is a fine pick up on all these guys, but none of them will rush it and then build one of the items right after that you listed
#13LOZLTTPPosted 2/24/2013 9:56:25 PM(edited)
I think Warmogs is a fairly mediocre choice on Singed in particular. He's already going to be nigh indestructible with just his tanky AP items. Anything beyond that and you're just throwing your damage away.
---
Many people, of course, use 'sentimentalism' as a term of abuse for other people's decent feelings, and realism as a disguise for their own brutality. G H Hardy
#14P00DGEPosted 2/24/2013 10:01:10 PM
There are various builds ADC's and tops can build. I have a good 3 differing build I like to use on each, that vary between the situation and the exact ADC or top I am using.
#15FlareZeroPosted 2/24/2013 10:20:05 PM
The problem becomes Riot having too many items in the game where each one is designed to fill a specific niche. There's more optimization this season but there's still the problem of balancing out the items (ie price of some items just aren't worth it or they just offer stats that you don't fully utilize).
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.