At what point should I be playing draft?

#1TriikzPosted 2/24/2013 7:03:12 PM
Im about to hit 30 and just realised that I havent played any draft outside of custom games. Should I be playing draft normals already? Should I start at 30? Or are draft normals even worth playing? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just getting sick of the horrible noob fest that is blind pick normals...
---
I dont always argue with idiots. But when I do, I prefer Gamefaqs...
#2DartkunPosted 2/24/2013 7:05:53 PM(edited)
You could, it helps prepare for ranked.

I personally hate draft because games take so much longer to start...
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#3Z-911-ZPosted 2/24/2013 7:04:55 PM
I play blind, so I can use Malphite.
---
http://oi48.tinypic.com/ev7vir.jpg
#4aHappySackaPosted 2/24/2013 7:05:23 PM
You should at least be able to do 2 roles if you want to try draft, don't be "that guy".
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#5Triikz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:06:40 PM
aHappySacka posted...
You should at least be able to do 2 roles if you want to try draft, don't be "that guy".

Im pretty comfortable in any role and have at least 3 or more champs for any role, so I am all good there.
---
#6aHappySackaPosted 2/24/2013 7:07:49 PM
Then you should be ready to give it a try, the only thing to note is that it takes much longer for games to get started especially if people dodge.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#7Triikz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:10:09 PM
aHappySacka posted...
Then you should be ready to give it a try, the only thing to note is that it takes much longer for games to get started especially if people dodge.

Sweet.

1 more question. Are people, genrally speaking, less nooby in draft? Or is it about the same as blind?
---
#8Tro77TroPosted 2/24/2013 7:12:10 PM
You should be playing draft as soon as you have enough champions TO play draft.

I completely forgot blind even existed.
---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O
"Why would they add LBGTWTFBBQ characters if Riot can't even add a brother?" -Slayn
#9aHappySackaPosted 2/24/2013 7:12:48 PM
Triikz posted...
Sweet.

1 more question. Are people, genrally speaking, less nooby in draft? Or is it about the same as blind?

The general skill level is higher given how you can't instant lock whatever role you want and there's less trolls too, once I tried draft for the first time I've never gone back.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#10DarkLagunaPosted 2/24/2013 7:22:16 PM
It depends, really. If you want to do draft, might as well just do ranked and work on your MMR and LP and such. Why play draft Normals? Normals is just practice/casual/fun/pubstomping/etc., might as well go blind pick and go with a champion you like without worrying about bans, counterpicks, the opposing team taking your favorite, etc. And you can even ignore the Meta, to a certain degree; a lot of teams run duo top, or kill lane bottom.

If you want to play "serious business", just go ranked. I don't really see the point of Draft Normals, unless you like getting stuck going support.,or like to argue about whether pick order or call order takes precedence, while someone with a higher pick order just ignores everyone and autolocks in what they want, and the rest of the team dodges.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...