Need some cho advice

#1XenokiroPosted 2/24/2013 7:38:18 PM
So cho is my second favorite champ after Hecarim. I usually use hip as a tanky top so that's what this is about.

I've been testing a new rune and item build and would love your thought s and opinions please.
So for runes I've been trying armor reds,armor yellow, mr blues and life steal quints( I figure the LS works well with his passive.
First items I take 2 rejuvenate beads and 3 pots, ( I figure with his passive the LS quints and the 2 beads I have a lot of sustain right?

I then simultaneously build ROA and Athenes, then either sources boots or tabis.
From there I finish mogs then rabbadons. For my last I either take rylais or wits end or raduins. I find with this path I usually always win lane and have 6 stacks b4 I even have to back the first time.

Also I'm super tanky while still being to do great damage if I took rylais and sorcery boots.

The only time I lose if my team is completely brain dead. Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to your helpful advice

Thanks guys. :)
---
PSN FlamingCameras, LoL ign: XxDevilDogxX
Rihoof saved my life. For that I am eternally grateful :)
#2aHappySackaPosted 2/24/2013 7:40:56 PM
What level are you?
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3Xenokiro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:43:05 PM
30 my good friend. :)
---
#4BenWhoDrownedPosted 2/24/2013 7:44:35 PM
I like your build. As someone who plays Cho'Gath whenever I want to win, I always go RoA, Rabadons and Rylais.
#5Xenokiro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:47:36 PM
That's why I do the double armor runes with the lifesteal that way I can stay in lane log enough to farm for Athenes along with ROA. Not having to worry about running out of mana is a godsend. :)
---
#6Shadow EdgePosted 2/24/2013 8:12:24 PM(edited)
Rylai > RoA for Cho.

Combine that with Liandry then you'll be doing 4% damage per second on everyone hit by your E.

Then get the usual resists. Frozen Heart, Abyssal/Wits, Bulwark, etc
---
ns
#7Xenokiro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:12:47 PM
Bump :)
---
PSN FlamingCameras, LoL ign: True Pedo Bear
#8FlareZeroPosted 2/24/2013 8:18:11 PM
It's completely situational with Cho. Since so many items work well with him, you build according to how well the enemy team is playing. For instance, if their AP is snowballing, you're going to grab an Abyssal Sceptor. I personally don't like Athenes if you're at top since you don't roam as hard and would benefit more from Armor items since most tops are AD (unless you're against a Vlad or Rumble, you can get an early Abyss).
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#9Xenokiro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:21:53 PM(edited)
Thanks shadow and flare I will def look into using both Liandry's and abyssal scepter then :)
---
PSN FlamingCameras, LoL ign: True Pedo Bear
#10New_PantsPosted 2/24/2013 8:26:17 PM
If you're doing well in lane see also: Malady.
---
~SamuraiChicken~
There's a fine line between stupidity and insanity. Will you cross it?