Champion Lore Chart

#41Suffer_NotPosted 2/24/2013 8:51:01 PM
<I highly doubt this theory

It's not quite that simple. LeBlanc wouldn't kill Jarvan, and even if she is impersonating him in some matches she doesn't impersonate him in all of them. And most importantly, the two are working together.

Go pull up the Lolking Model Viewer for Jarvan and Leblanc. Actually, hang on, I'll do it for you.
http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=59&skin=0
http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=7&skin=0

Note that several of the idle, movement, and channeling animations are more or less the exact same. Jarvan and Leblanc both move the same way because that's how Leblanc walks.

Which doesn't exactly mean much by itself. They don't share every pose or animation, after all. But there is also a lot of lore reinforcing that Leblanc is mimicking Jarvan. As you will remember, Riot did a lot of lore stuff when Crystal Scar was coming out. Swain and Jarvan were both fighting each other politically (and then for like 2 hours physically) in order to get control over the Crystal Scar for themselves. You may or may not remember this particular image of the fighting.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110723024826/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/e/ee/JoJ_War_in_Kalamanda.JPG/640px-JoJ_War_in_Kalamanda.JPG

Alright, let's make this image bigger.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110723024826/leagueoflegends/images/e/ee/JoJ_War_in_Kalamanda.JPG

Go look at Swain's armor. One would expect to see a reflection of Jarvan. But that's not who you see, is it?

Now, for the longest time I hated this bit of speculation because it doesn't make any sense for Leblanc to pretend to be Jarvan and oppose Swain. The two are allies. Swain used to be in the Order of the Rose and Leblanc has been helping him rise up the ranks. What possible motive could she have? Surely attempting to impersonate Jarvan could only lead to ruin... Summoners read the minds of their champions. Someone would likely notice the difference, which would cause some amount of dismay when the real Jarvan showed up from wherever he was. And furthermore, Swain's ultimate goal is killing Jarvan. He hates him for whatever reason. Why have someone pretend to be him when you could just stab him and be done with it?

But the more I've thought about it, the more I've picked up on. Swain and Leblanc used to belong to the same order. And then Swain went and sold his soul to a giant demon bird. And while Leblanc seems to be Swain's ally... she seems to be a lot of things. Her goals are to restore her order to prominence. Does she truly benefit from helping Swain if he is no longer in her secret club? What is the likelihood that Leblanc has been working behind Swain's back to slow his progress down? What is the likelihood that she wants the Black Rose to be in control of Noxus, rather than a former member of the rose who is now a scary demon guy?

The thought that Leblanc opposes Swain makes this whole allegation far more plausible. Now she has a reason for fighting him in the Crystal Scar. Now Jarvan has a reason for not raising his hand and saying "Who the hell is that handsome man over there?" And it also means that the real Jarvan had time to do his covert investigations with Katarina to determine that the League of Legends was secretly manipulating the event in Noxus's favor. It explains why Swain had Darius at his side when he became the Grand General instead of Leblanc. Whether or not Swain has realized it, his greatest ally is working against him by pretending to be his greatest enemy.
#42EDumey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:02:27 PM
See, this is the kind of thing that makes me wish I did take the time to be at least a LITTLE invested in the lore. I know some of it is godawful, which has driven me away, but there certainly is some cool stuff in it.

Though, I will say that that picture of Leblanc in Swain's armor looks awfully inconsistent with the rest of the style. Unless you're sure that came from a credible Riot source, (as an original image with the LB reflection) I'd say it's possible someone put that in there. >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#43Suffer_NotPosted 2/24/2013 9:06:41 PM
Poor Xerath has no direct connections. He and Brand should totally bro out. :/

Xerath's only potential connection is with Amumu. Both are from Shurima Desert, and Amumu is also possibly old enough to have been alive before Xerath was imprisoned. But considering that Xerath is kind of... evil, he wouldn't really hang out with a yordle.

Anyone else alive back then was most likely destroyed when Shurima was magic-nuked and destroyed, leading to the extinction of the pseudo Egypt culture and the death of all the Black people in Valoran.

Teemo Trist is a speculated romance.

It's more likely that Vi is dating Caitlyn then it is that Teemo is dating Tristana. Still, they have a close connection.

Yordles are social creatures by nature. If they don't have other yordles to associate with, they start to lose it. Veigar turned to dark magic. Ziggs turned into an insane bomb maker (although he is recovering ever since brought into Heimer's Academy). Amumu is a wretched husk gripped in perpetual despair. And Teemo is very close to turning into some sort sociopath.

His job description is reconnaissance. He's supposed to gather intelligence and nothing else. He's not supposed to be covering the area in poisonous traps and watching people slowly expire to his traps. He's... a pretty dark individual. He just sounds way too cheery for someone who is hunting people down and injecting them with terrible things. And he's noted for not really hanging out with other Yordles. If not for Tristana or possibly Corki, he'd be dangerously close to going crazy like Veigar did.

It'd be pretty bad for him if Trist ever does die :/

Though, I will say that that picture of Leblanc in Swain's armor looks awfully inconsistent with the rest of the style. Unless you're sure that came from a credible Riot source, (as an original image with the LB reflection) I'd say it's possible someone put that in there. >_>

It's straight from their Journal of Justice thing.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/issue-25-22-july-21-cle
#44VrindlvinePosted 2/24/2013 9:10:51 PM(edited)
I already read your essay on leblanc jarvan suffer not and i dont buy it. Also LoL at pentakill being canon thats just. ahh my eyes... fun times right?

Their animations are completely different not to mention that jarvan jumps like 30 feet into the air to do cataclysm, magic only goes so far.

The reflection thing is a neat easter egg but means very little. Just because she impersonated jarvan to start a war doesnt mean that shes doing it right now. Unless i missread part of your thesis.

EDIT: teemos is a so called "assassin of piltover" who is he assasinating? Piltover has very few if any enemies i always found that completely bizzare. I dont think riot has a full handle on their lore.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#45Suffer_NotPosted 2/24/2013 9:16:27 PM
The reflection thing is a neat easter egg but means very little. Just because she impersonated jarvan to start a war doesnt mean that shes doing it right now. Unless i missread part of your thesis.

LeBlanc only impersonates Jarvan when it benefits the two of them. She did it during the war thing because Jarvan and Katarina were busy finding out that the League was rigging the investigation to benefit them (Noxus and Demacia were trying to get Kalimandra into their nations, but now the League owns it as a field of Justice/ Skarner research facility). She certainly doesn't do it for every League Match; she probably only does it when 'Jarvan' acts strange compared to how he normally does. Like that time he was super rude to Garen for no reason, or that time Quinn was like "He definitely isn't acting how I would expect'.

Another interesting little lore facet, Quinn and Jarvan and Shyvana seem to have some sort of love triangle going on, and tossing Leblanc in there only makes it more exciting.
#46xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 2/24/2013 9:24:30 PM
Sword_Slasher posted...
There are so many things wrong with this, and i'm not even into the lore. For starters, Nasus and Renekton hate eachother (How does the guy who made this miss that), and so do Kayle and Morgana.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm
#47HitomoshiPosted 2/24/2013 9:31:52 PM
Uh tag
---
Hitomoshi|| Welcome to the internet, if you are female, be prepared to present proof- Jables
hmm no clue... that's a good idea
#48VrindlvinePosted 2/24/2013 9:37:02 PM
Suffer_Not posted...

LeBlanc only impersonates Jarvan when it benefits the two of them. She did it during the war thing because Jarvan and Katarina were busy finding out that the League was rigging the investigation to benefit them (Noxus and Demacia were trying to get Kalimandra into their nations, but now the League owns it as a field of Justice/ Skarner research facility). She certainly doesn't do it for every League Match; she probably only does it when 'Jarvan' acts strange compared to how he normally does. Like that time he was super rude to Garen for no reason, or that time Quinn was like "He definitely isn't acting how I would expect'.

Another interesting little lore facet, Quinn and Jarvan and Shyvana seem to have some sort of love triangle going on, and tossing Leblanc in there only makes it more exciting.

Jarvan is the prince of demacia is father is so noble he rode out to save an ionian warrior he didnt even know from noxus (xin zhao) And now hes working with Leblanc? Uhhh I get that he got messed up by swain and urgot, but why would he go off and kill dragons if hes just gonna come back and betray demacia. Nahh hes not a weak king like that guy from game of thrones.

Just being rude to garen isnt a good reason either and sure they are childhood friends, you never fight with your friends? Ever?

And on another note tho i dont completely disagree with you i dont see the shyvana x jarvan or quinn x jarvan thing at all.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#49Masemune_100Posted 2/24/2013 9:51:18 PM
Something just occurred to me. Wasn't Graves thrown in that prison after TF sold him out? And the way that prison sounds it was a horrible place that the wardens were allowed to do whatever they wanted.
What if the man Thresh was happened to be a warden there and Graves killed him on his way out? Idk how he'd end up becoming Thresh but it seems kinda likely.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#50SorrySleepingPosted 2/24/2013 9:58:14 PM
Suffer_Not posted...

Jarvan is the prince of demacia is father is so noble he rode out to save an ionian warrior he didnt even know from noxus (xin zhao) And now hes working with Leblanc? Uhhh I get that he got messed up by swain and urgot, but why would he go off and kill dragons if hes just gonna come back and betray demacia. Nahh hes not a weak king like that guy from game of thrones.

Just being rude to garen isnt a good reason either and sure they are childhood friends, you never fight with your friends? Ever?

And on another note tho i dont completely disagree with you i dont see the shyvana x jarvan or quinn x jarvan thing at all.

Who says Jarven is betraying Demacia? LeBlanc is betraying Swain, meaning she is against the current version of Noxus, even if it was just because Swain was there. Jarven helping destroy Swain would be a "good thing" for Demacia, and thus not betraying them.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~