Why would an adc push lane in laning phase?

#1SelrickPosted 2/24/2013 10:27:40 PM
there are only a few times I can see it being viable to push your lane up. One reason is if you're about to base or leave your lane for some reason and the second is to take the tower. Nothing makes me more angry when I'm supporting then watching my adc push their lane for no reason. What makes it worse is they will then complain to me when the enemy jungler is able to us kill us both by flanking us (warded so we see it coming but we're too far up to get away in time).

What should I do when I support in these situations? We aren't going to jungle ganks because they are too close to their turret. We don't have as much time to capitalize on their mistakes while they have tons of time to punish ours. People say a good support can at least make their adc not do too bad, but I just don't see how. Supporting leaves you almost completely at your adc's mercy.
#2mattislegionPosted 2/24/2013 10:31:46 PM
There are tons of times when you want to push during laning phase haha.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#3JennaTahliaPosted 2/24/2013 10:35:22 PM
Stay further back, escape from jungler ganks, all chat "noob feeder ad"
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#4the_rowanPosted 2/24/2013 10:38:01 PM
The two biggest reasons are that the tower denies CS and that it's very easy to harass with skillshots when the enemy is stuck trying to farm under tower with no minions, while your minions will still block their skillshots. However, it's quite common for the lane to freeze just outside your opponent's tower range shortly afterwards, which is a pretty terrible situation all around.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#5Selrick(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:38:24 PM
Well if there's tons of reasons please start listing a few others. Another one I can think of is when it starts to approach that mid game point and some of your teammates are becoming beefy enough to dive those shots.
#6Selrick(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:41:12 PM
see I don't think that it's worth it to push up the lane to deny them cs. ADC's typically have it easier farming under tower compared to a lot of mids. I find it better if you have the advantage to attempt to freeze my lane up by my tower when i'm adc. This way they're forced to come get the minion kills and risk getting caught by my support or our jungler. If I have them pushed up to their tower as adc, I'm risking getting ganked.
#7FvPPosted 2/24/2013 10:43:40 PM
I pretty much always push
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#8Selrick(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:48:33 PM
peach_vs_faIco posted...

Why? Have you ever tried freezing your lane. You'll make your jungler much more happy if you give him some lane space to actually get in there and gank.
#9IceMan_128Posted 2/24/2013 11:22:54 PM
Selrick posted...
peach_vs_faIco posted...

Why? Have you ever tried freezing your lane. You'll make your jungler much more happy if you give him some lane space to actually get in there and gank.

Nocturne says DARKNESS!

and hi.
---
The problem here is, Darius bursts like Akali, takes damage like Nasus, and snowballs like Jesus Christ.
LoL IGN: Kamon Race
#10LOLganPosted 2/24/2013 11:32:43 PM
There are a number of reasons:

1. level two cheese
2. level advantage
3. creep advantage
4. lane control

and the most important reason:

5. applies pressure