Why would an adc push lane in laning phase?

#11Hyper InfernoPosted 2/24/2013 11:37:14 PM
If the ADC/support isn't at the lane, pushing up to the tower causes the tower to kill the minions faster so that when the ADC/support gets back, they'll have lost all those minions.

If you have good ward coverage, you can often dive bot lane fairly well with support from your jungler and mid, with those two coming in from behind the turret to sandwich the opponent in.

In the 2v1 situation, you want to push your two person advantage as much as possible, and pushing a lane to a turret usually creates some very uncomfortable situations for the solo laner.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#12JaggiJumperPosted 2/24/2013 11:41:42 PM(edited)
peach_vs_faIco posted...
I pretty much always push

This.

If proper ward coverage, pushing to tower means the enemy has to choose between losing CS, or taking free harass. By pushing them to the tower, I can poke them down, then the jungler can come for a quick dive.

Minions die so fast when towers are hitting them, so they only have time to last hit.

Edit: Especially early as it allows you to level up faster, and last hitting on tower at level 1 is really hard at times.

---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#13FlareZeroPosted 2/24/2013 11:41:34 PM
Selrick posted...
see I don't think that it's worth it to push up the lane to deny them cs. ADC's typically have it easier farming under tower compared to a lot of mids. I find it better if you have the advantage to attempt to freeze my lane up by my tower when i'm adc. This way they're forced to come get the minion kills and risk getting caught by my support or our jungler. If I have them pushed up to their tower as adc, I'm risking getting ganked.

If you've pushed them to their tower, chances are you're ADC can farm a lot easier than theirs (if they have to eat harassment if they step up to last hit and worry about the tower killing minions). It usually means you're winning your lane and you make it sound like your jungler will cry for some reason. Unless you're in wood league, you're going to have wards to see incoming gank attempts and if your jungler doesn't have to force himself to your lane, he gets to focus on other lanes and counterjungling. Nothing feels better than watching the enemy jungler walk down to your lane and you back off before he gets there. You just wasted his time which is always valuable (plus you know where he is). Freezing lane is great if you need to cs, but if you're winning then you're probably going to push and make life miserable for the enemy. That way, if the enemy ever has to go back to base or get dived, you can take the tower with ease.

In summary, unless you're in the lead, you probably won't be pushing. If you are, your jungler has less to worry about and can apply pressure to other lanes more frequently. As well, gap closing jungler meta makes diving possible and taking tower easily.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#14brwterrorPosted 2/25/2013 12:35:17 AM
Applies pressure. Sure, ad farms more easily under tower than mid, but by pushing you also can freely harass the hell out of them; and open up a super easy lane gank for the jungler. Not to mention that caster minions take two shots+tower to kill before dorian's, which leads to a lot of missed cs over time. So long as you ward and have good map awareness and game sense, pushing is the best way to dominate the enemy lamer.
---
GT: PaKizGreatest LoL: Rao786
Hey there
#15Morrowind789Posted 2/25/2013 12:49:57 AM
You see jungle opposite of your lane (labe swap)

Enemy jungle is dead

Your jungle is set for a counter gank

Your mid is.set for a counter gank

Adc is fed

Composition advantage

That's just off the top of my head as reasons to push inlane, I'm sure there are more has I'm not
hat great at this game
---
SC2 : Koroioz 450
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS
#16Tactician_LordPosted 2/25/2013 12:54:11 AM
If your push is successful and you destroy the tower it also gives you free rains to gank almost everywhere if you want. If you are free to push...why not push?
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#17MizunoRyuuPosted 2/25/2013 12:54:38 AM
Back up to a safe distance and let your carry know that you won't support him if he's pushed too far, or leave lane to ward jungle and possibly gank mid. You can't really do much as a support, but anything's better than being double killed bot, and if the enemy mid's pushed you might get a kill anyway.

I once laned with a Cait bot who didn't even bother to time her autoattacks at all. She just attacked any minions in range all day long. By the end of lane phase she had 10 cs. I know that feel.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...