New Champ Idea

#1Lord_WoobiePosted 2/25/2013 9:30:38 AM(edited)
Yarble the Puppetmaster

Innate: Old Friend: Yarble controls Strings, his trusty puppet. They share stats, but Yarble cannot attack while Strings is active. Strings is controlled by using Shift + Click and may attack while he is active, but is tethered to Yarble and may only move a set distance (1000/1250/1500 units) from him before being forcibly teleported back to him. If Yarble is killed, Strings is also killed.

Q: Forceful Collision: Strings dashes a short distance in a chosen direction, inflicting 80/110/140/170/200 (+.4 AP) (+1.0 Bonus AD) damage upon those in his path and briefly knocking them aside. (6 second CD) This ability is inactive while Strings is dead.

W: Symbiotic Repair: While Strings is alive, activating this ability will cause both Yarble and strings to channel for 2 seconds, healing both for 60/80/100/120/140 (+1.0 AP) per second. While Strings is dead, activating this ability will cause Yarble to channel for 5/4.5/4/3.5/3 seconds, after which he will summon Strings with full health at target location within half of Strings' tether range. The cooldown of this ability is doubled if Strings is revived in this way. (10/9/8/7/6 second CD) After channeling this ability Strings gains 20/30/40/50/60% attack speed for 3 seconds.

E: Forceful Repulsion: Yarble immediately pushes back all enemies who are close to him and transfers all crowd control effects and debuffs (including Suppression, but excluding Knock-ups and Knock Backs) currently active on him (including their remaining active times) to Strings. (15 second CD)

R: The Prestige (available from the start of the game and does not require an initial skill point): Yarble and Strings immediately switch places, with each taking on the visual appearance of the other in all enemies' eyes for 2 seconds. 10/7.5/5/3.5 second CD.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#2Jerba1232Posted 2/25/2013 9:16:13 AM
I don't like. Sounds like a rude man.
---
I'm bringing the smackdown - Jack Nicholson
#3Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:17:04 AM
He's intended to be a ranged ADC, btw (attack range is 500).
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#4Zombified_ToastPosted 2/25/2013 9:19:34 AM
I like the idea of a puppet master, but he seems... weak.
---
stant447 - So suicide is illegal. But smoking is not? I'm allowed to passively kill myself, but not actively?
Transmutant - Just as long as you die I'm happy.
#5Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:36:54 AM
Bump for great justice.
---
#6Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 11:44:01 AM
Lore:
If there is any living being that better embodies the brilliance and madness of Zaun than Yarble, it must be hoped for Runeterra's sake that they cannot be long for this world.

Yarble is a strange creature of unknown origins who appeared in Zaun so suddenly and discreetly that many of the city-state's denizens claim that he had simply always been there. He first attained his strange brand of notoriety as a woodcarver's apprentice who could craft sculptures that seemed to defy the laws of physics and geometry - boxes that could hold their volumes a hundred times over while remaining weightless, doors that could be opened and closed about any linear axis, and charms that could bring immense fortune to their holders one day, and great tragedy the next without any rhyme or reason.

The young apprentice's magnum opus was a vaguely humanoid puppet, devoid of any facial features, fingers, toes (or any appendages for that matter), paint, or clothes of any kind. The puppet seemed to be permanently affixed to Yarble's hands by a set of strings, yet it moved completely independently of any stimulus from anyone or anything. The apprentice was not to bask in the glory of this apparent miracle for long, however, for he fell gravely ill and was rendered to a catatonic stupor for months on end.

During this time Yarble's puppet maintained a constant, and according to many, morbid vigil over his bedside, permitting no visitors aside from food or drink which remained uneaten. Over the course of Yarble's affliction, the puppet mysteriously gained physical features - an eye one day, a carved finger the next, a few limp strands of colorless hair, a toothless mouth, and so on.

Yarble suddenly recovered one day, though the woodcarver to whom he was apprenticed was never seen again. Instead, the strange puppet Yarble had crafted took on an uncanny likeness to the lost master. Zaunites were surprised and delighted to see the youth appear upon the Fields of Justice within days of his recovery, although the circumstances behind his tenure at the League of Legends - including whether it is voluntary or not - is up to speculation.

While not fighting for Zaun, the now-master woodcarver Yarble has since resumed the production of his miraculous creations, but this time behind closed doors. Those who look into the windows of his workshop report seeing the young man working side-by-side with his eerie puppet. Others who have looked into the building at night swear that they have seen the vigil of Yarble re-enacted, but with the earlier roles reversed - the puppet laying in bed with the youth standing by, merely watching.

Quotes:
Movement:
Does the tail wag the dog?
Such nightmares have I seen...
Come along...
Who is pulling the strings?
I am your puppet, Summoner...
Whose voices do you hear, Summoner?

Attack:
Strangle them in their waking.
They shall share my fate...
Why...?
Yes...
Do not listen to them...
And they thought I was mad...?
Embrace them.

Upon finishing channeling Symbiotic Repair:
I... am sorry...
Good as new... Almost.
I missed you... (if Strings respawns)

Upon casting Forceful Repulsion:
Help me...
Get... away!

Upon casting The Prestige:
Escape...
Let's keep them guessing...

Joke:
(Strings dances the can-can, then falls apart and reforms)
Laugher, laughter... All I hear or see is... laughter.
Dance, my puppet... Dance... Oh my...

Taunt:
It takes a big champion... to hit a boy and his puppet.
Two against one... Who is helpless now?
---
#7XSerenadEXPosted 2/25/2013 11:45:04 AM
I never understood why people make threads like these. If you're idea was any good, you'd be working at riot, not posting it on gamefaqs
---
American Football <3
#8the_rowanPosted 2/25/2013 11:51:16 AM
He has exactly one attacking skill and it's incredibly weak other than being on a ridiculously short cooldown for hard CC. (Though it also gives up his escape.)

He does have an obscenely broken lategame though with a long-range reposition on a 3.5 second cooldown though that comes with 2 seconds of stealth. Is the enemy aware of which one is real if he starts attacking? And how much damage does Strings do and at what range? Because if Strings is ranged (which he would have to be for the deception thing to do much at all) then this guy make actually just be broken instead.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#9Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:41:13 PM(edited)
the_rowan posted...
He has exactly one attacking skill and it's incredibly weak other than being on a ridiculously short cooldown for hard CC. (Though it also gives up his escape.)

He does have an obscenely broken lategame though with a long-range reposition on a 3.5 second cooldown though that comes with 2 seconds of stealth. Is the enemy aware of which one is real if he starts attacking? And how much damage does Strings do and at what range? Because if Strings is ranged (which he would have to be for the deception thing to do much at all) then this guy make actually just be broken instead.

He's intended to be an ADC, and Strings shares stats and builds with Yarble. His range would be either 500 or 550, and he attacks through the puppet while it's active (Yarble can't attack unless Strings is dead).

His ult doesn't cause 2 seconds of stealth, it just makes the 2 trade places and look like each other briefly (the lifebar issue is a cause for concern, though - maybe the lifebar could go invisible while they're disguised or something). I think of it as a less-flexible Kassadin ult that can be used for initiating (if used with his other skills), escaping, or just for juking shenanigans. You'd be able to tell them apart if you see Yarble's character model dashing or attacking while you know Strings is still up.

He's kind of like a Shaco/Zed hybrid that has a ranged attack, and that emphasizes positioning and juking over pretty much everything else.
---
#10anilEhilatedPosted 2/25/2013 12:40:50 PM
Seems incredibly clunky.
---
For who could ever...?