Kennen is a better adc than most if not all the standard ones

#1AK47plzPosted 2/25/2013 9:13:41 AM
He has insane AS scaling, 550 range, self peeling, spammable harass, and an escape. Kennen no.1 adc
---
terran
#2angermngment101Posted 2/25/2013 9:38:02 AM
insane AS scaling...

Im not sure i understand wtf you are trying to say there.
---
Gamefax
#3DaddyZeus67Posted 2/25/2013 9:38:47 AM
except No AD scaling and no steriods

/topic
---
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/DaddyZeus67
#4AK47plz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:40:59 AM
angermngment101 posted...
insane AS scaling...

Im not sure i understand wtf you are trying to say there.

Attack speed scaling? He gains a lot of attack speed per level basically. At level 18 he's attacking ridiculously fast.
---
terran
#5angermngment101Posted 2/25/2013 9:42:28 AM
Attack speed scaling? He gains a lot of attack speed per level basically. At level 18 he's attacking ridiculously fast.

Yet almost every other ADC has an attack speed steroid of some sort, except maybe Ashe + Cait.
---
Gamefax
#6Hyper InfernoPosted 2/25/2013 9:47:06 AM
So then why is Kennen an exception and Ashe and Caitlyn are the rule?

He even has AD scaling auto attacks similar to Caitlyn, except that it's additional magic damage instead of physical damage.

Most important reason is probably 'only' 550 range. Ashe and Caitlyn have above average range for AD carries to make up for the fact that they don't have super strong steroids for their auto attacks compared to most other ADCs. Kennen as an ADC has probably the best survivability out of the bunch what with stuns and his E, but that's what the four other people on the team are there for.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#7PolarbarrePosted 2/25/2013 10:57:29 AM
He's comparable to Tristana as far as being an ADC goes except he doesn't have nearly 800 range and an attack speed steroid

Graves is also about as safe as kennen but with an AS steroid and AoE nukes that scale with AD.

Ezreal too.

Corki is just as safe but has a nice damage steroid in his passive as well as good poke that scales with AD and armor shred.

Miss Fortune isn't as safe but does way more damage because huahuahuahuahuahua scales with AD

Draven isn't as safe but does way more damage because of his spinning axes (which hint scale with AD)

Twitch does more overall damage because of his ult

Sivir does more overall damage and provides a nice bonus to her team while being kind of safe because of her shield

Caitlyn has that very nice range of hers while also having headshot which can crit for a good deal of damage

Kog'Maw has his range as well as doing tons of damage because of his W and AS steroid

Vayne is vayne

Ashe you do not take for her damage but rather her absolutely insane utility. An aoe slow that can hit their entire team every 4 seconds, perma slow on her autoattacks, and the longest stun in the game at 3.5 seconds that is global and slows the surrounding enemies by a significant margin. Add on to that her range of 600 and she's a very strong adc pick that allows you to place more damage in other places on your team

Varus has an AS steroid that has very good uptime in teamfights, an aoe slow nuke, an aoe snare, %hp shred and bonus magic damage every hit

Quinn has a damage steroid attached to an AS steroid as well as a blind that allows her to win trades and an aoe execution move

Base stats don't really make up for what the rest of the adcs bring that kennen doesn't.
#8Rookie_JetPosted 2/25/2013 11:05:05 AM
I would say the best thing Ken has going for him as an ADC is his infinite poke. He will have a decent chance at out-sustaining his lane. Damage-wise, he's at a large disadvantage because you're either not going to be using his E and R for damage (unless the kill and your safety is secured) or your going to be a squishy ADC running in the middle of the enemy team to EWR. Sounds pretty risky to me.
#9Hyper InfernoPosted 2/25/2013 11:06:24 AM
Caitlyn's headshot can crit, but it's not multiplicative.

If you do 100 damage with an auto attack and get a headshot, it'll do 150 damage. If you crit with a headshot with no crit modifiers it will do 250 damage (100*2+50), not 300 ((100+50)*2).

The main difference with Kennen's steroid is that it's magic damage instead of physical damage. Whether it triggers more often or less often than Caitlyn's depends on where the team fight is happening.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#10UnderwaterAirPosted 2/25/2013 11:16:50 AM(edited)
Kennen does have pretty nice attack speed scaling. :)

What Kennen brings to the table of ADC is the ability to stun. No other ADC has that barring a semi stun from Tristana ulting them into a wall and a conditional one with Vayne condemning one person into a wall.

And he fields his ult into a teamfight as well and that can be extremely useful. I would say it's a tradeoff. He loses a normal ADC steroid like AS buff or AD buff or range buff in exchange for being able to stun.

That said, I still prefer AP Kennen.
And yes, for the people not understanding, I will say it again and confirm with the TC; Kennen has really nice AS scaling.

============

I'm also very happy as a Vayne main that Vayne is getting an AS scaling buff. =_=

---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!