Kennen is a better adc than most if not all the standard ones

#21S84_The_PatchPosted 2/25/2013 1:15:50 PM
I've played a lot of Kennen as both an AD and an AP carry, and in all honesty he's really not that great of an AD carry. Sure, he has self peeling with his ult, but the second that 1 second stun runs off you're in a pretty bad spot. He has average attack range (550), a pretty weak steroid for an ADC since it does magic damage (thus not effected by armor pen) and only procs every 5 autos, and can't kite while using his only repositioning move since you cant auto attack while it's active. His laning phase is probably the star point for him as an ADC due to his bases which cause his harass to still do decent damage. Even then though, Caitlyn is pretty much a safer version of him. She has a simliar steroid that actually does physical damage, more range (650?), and a near instant repositioning tool that slows people who try to dive her. Plus her lane control is better, since she has much safer push and farming tools.

All in all, ADC Kennen is decent, but most certainly not number 1.
---
League IGN: lPATCH
It's a "L", not an "i".
#22Chako-PHPosted 2/25/2013 1:17:57 PM
Kennen is a good ADC, but then not great.

He has the AS but pretty weak damage, compared to ashe, cait and graves etc.

Also, he needs to activate skills when attacking, so where's your AS now ? In a 6 sec. clash, he can't even perform enough DPS to kill an enemy with AA's. His skills will become distractions to his DPS.

Also, his ulti can't be called as defensive/offensive. ADC will be focused in every way, he's just risking life if he goes in, and can't CC enemies in a wider AoE when he's being chased (lulz, SS range), at that time, K6(e.g.) already bursted him with tons of damage.

Incase of vayne+nunu, vayne already has the damage and nunu gives her the godly mod. because of his BB.

Kennen+Nunu will be BS. Alot of AS but lacks damage, BB's movement speed was useless since kennen has 3rd.

ADC Kennen for normal not for ranked.
---
Hunter's Spirit faintly glowing inside me, still on the process.
Demacia shall not fall. Noxus, now and forever.
#23LithspPosted 2/25/2013 1:19:59 PM
ADC Kennen owns with a Hurricane.

Doesn't he have like the highest AS scaling in the game?
If he doesn't, he's damn close to it.
---
[]Signature[]
#24Black_AssassinPosted 2/25/2013 1:39:04 PM(edited)
Chako-PH posted...
He has the AS but pretty weak damage, compared to ashe

Ashe's base AD at lvl 18 is, according to LoL wikia, roughly 97. Kennen's is 110.

I am going to have to ask you for a clarification.

Chako-PH posted...

He's used at tournament level.
#25DottledPosted 2/25/2013 1:41:52 PM
He's definitely a great pick for solo queue. I made this topic a while back http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/65117520
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#26Chako-PHPosted 2/25/2013 1:53:59 PM
Black_Assassin posted...
Chako-PH posted...
He has the AS but pretty weak damage, compared to ashe

Ashe's base AD at lvl 18 is, according to LoL wikia, roughly 97. Kennen's is 110.

I am going to have to ask you for a clarification.

Chako-PH posted...

He's used at tournament level.

That would be assumed in late games and clashes. Please read what i've posted, kennen needs to use skills in order to optimize damage, while ashe auto's Q. pressing W optionally, R occassionaly. Kennen, every 3-5 sec needs to cast spells. Don't ALWAYS rely on damage formulas, LOL !
---
#27BosgoedPosted 2/25/2013 2:33:46 PM
That would be assumed in late games and clashes. Please read what i've posted, kennen needs to use skills in order to optimize damage, while ashe auto's Q. pressing W optionally, R occassionaly. Kennen, every 3-5 sec needs to cast spells. Don't ALWAYS rely on damage formulas, LOL !

He needs skills to maximize if he's AP, not AD.

Assuming it's late game Ashe's damage will come from her auto attacks, using her W could hurt her damage because it can't crit and is only 80 base. Her R has no AD scaling, and doesn't hit as hard as Kennen's anyway if you're up close. Q and E don't do damage.

Kennen will have higher AD and attack speed with the same items, so his auto attacks are doing more damage. Ashe has more utility with her ult, slows, and e, but Kennen certainly has more damage.
---
"PS3 has a hard time working with cartoonish art styles, as it's graphics card will mainly only accept realistic stuff from games" - SoaringDive
#28Chako-PHPosted 2/25/2013 2:43:43 PM
Bosgoed posted...

He needs skills to maximize if he's AP, not AD.

Assuming it's late game Ashe's damage will come from her auto attacks, using her W could hurt her damage because it can't crit and is only 80 base. Her R has no AD scaling, and doesn't hit as hard as Kennen's anyway if you're up close. Q and E don't do damage.

Kennen will have higher AD and attack speed with the same items, so his auto attacks are doing more damage. Ashe has more utility with her ult, slows, and e, but Kennen certainly has more damage.

That's it. CC counts. Ashe will give slows more accurate than kennen's stuns. Thus, nobody will accept the 1v1 kennen vs ashe battle. I don't think kennen was made for the ADC role. More of .. AP with zhonyas (necessary).
---
#29BosgoedPosted 2/25/2013 2:55:41 PM
That's it. CC counts. Ashe will give slows more accurate than kennen's stuns. Thus, nobody will accept the 1v1 kennen vs ashe battle. I don't think kennen was made for the ADC role. More of .. AP with zhonyas (necessary).

He wasn't made for AD, that doesn't mean he can't do it. Lots of champions can play multiple roles. And you said Ashe outdamages Kennen, that's just simply wrong. And if youre talking 1v1 (which doesn't really matter) Kennen does win.

Kennen's ult can peel for him against bruiser that can easily close the gap, slows can't really stop people from closing the gap when they have flash and a dash. Ashe needs to rely on others for peels against folks like that, Kennen doesn't have to, which is nice.

Not saying Kennen is better, but you keep putting him down in wrong ways.
---
"PS3 has a hard time working with cartoonish art styles, as it's graphics card will mainly only accept realistic stuff from games" - SoaringDive