SeaIntoTheSky's Quick Guide to Ranking up quickly

#1SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 2/25/2013 12:01:02 PM
Bronze League
Practice cs
Pick a champion you are familiar with don't even try for champion counters.
Look to refine your builds
Steam roll your victory and spoon feed teammates. If you cannot get out of the elo then focus on your mechanical skills. csing properly goes a long way in gaining an advantage that lets you stomp all over the enemies for the rest of the game.
-Don't get locked into support role or it will be a long grind

Silver League
Learn to be a leader, ping when to back, if they are doing bad objectives let them know. Baby sit your teammates endlessly.
Ignore dragon/baron they are game throws. If the enemy team is Aced take turrets/inhibs.
When late game catch people out of position they don't know what they are doing.(Just tell your team to group). A little cs is nothing compared to how easy these people throw.
Refine your cs abilities
Learn to harass without losing cs

Gold League
Be a leader, ping people when to back. Group when you have advantage do not stall the games. Baby sit your teammates endlessly.
Refine your cs abilities
Learn when you can all in for easy kills. Abuse enemy mistakes(You should now be able to identify many mistakes they do)
-Don't get locked into support role or it will be a decent grind

Platinum League
Control your teammates ego with nice conversations since everyone thinks they are the greatest.
Learn to finish the games quickly when you are ahead. Don't stall for game throws since your teammates think they are invincible when you give them leads.
Buff timing and objective timing should be down to a science, abuse them.
Coordinate ganks and counter jungle with teammates. Here you can start to learn to trust your teammates a little.

Diamond/Challenger Leagues
Pick OP Champions
Team that tryharder to win, wins
Target ban champions against your enemies
#2VrrrooomPosted 2/25/2013 12:02:12 PM
sticky requested
---
;)
#3zefigPosted 2/25/2013 12:17:59 PM(edited)
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
Bronze League

1st pick: "Don't worry guys, I'll carry."
2nd pick: "Yeah, me too."
3rd pick: "Yes, I also must carry, I'm only here because of elo hell lol."
4th pick: "I'm not supporting because I have to carry."
5th pick: "I likewise must carry, I don't even own any supports."

Cool.

Edit:
My suggestion: If you play top or jungle, build tanky. So many people get carried away in the mentality that carrying = damage items only. If you want to lead your team, you need to be able to initiate and not turn into a bugsplat in 2 seconds.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#4Zeeak4444Posted 2/25/2013 12:20:32 PM
zefig posted...
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
Bronze League

1st pick: "Don't worry guys, I'll carry."
2nd pick: "Yeah, me too."
3rd pick: "Yes, I also must carry, I'm only here because of elo hell lol."
4th pick: "I'm not supporting because I have to carry."
5th pick: "I likewise must carry, I don't even own any supports."

Cool.

I have a stockpile of photos when I raised my smurf with 50+ photos of me carrying 10+/0-1/10+ scores at 700 Elo with every single support you can imagine.

Feeding fizz support? Check.
Morse support? Check.
Afk Annie support? Check.

Once they start to feed they quickly become useless for the other team because they give 80 gold a kill, but here's the kicker... The other team resets their gold to 300 each kill giving you far more profit if you use your support as bait and work it to your advantage.

Also at that level it comes to mechanics, i can and have many many times gone 1v2 as ez only to beat the enemy in cs and get my jungle to gank until I can carry because ez can take objectives while the two teams dance around baron for 5 min.

P.S. Sea you really have been an awesome addition to this board. I want to say thank you because your topics are always a good read.
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#5SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:22:51 PM
To give a brief description of why I mention that. You do not have to be ADC to carry your team to victory. Top, mid, and jungle do just fine. Kill lane supports are much easier to win the game than a traditional passive support and Bronze and even up to Silver.

An example of this was me duoing with someone in Gamefaqs this weekend where I was support Zyra. I supported traditionally up until about the 10 min mark where the first turrets went down. After this my ADC wandered away and no longer csed the lane. I picked up every stray cs and ended up almost even with everyone in the game. As Zyra without cs for roughly 15 mins before anyone else in the game I ended the roughly 35 min game with the highest dealt damage to champions by far in the damage tab after we won.
#6anilEhilatedPosted 2/25/2013 12:23:28 PM
So what rank is the TC?
---
For who could ever...?
#7Reaper_MinionPosted 2/25/2013 12:29:14 PM
Last time he posted his Lolking, he was Plat III, I believe.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://i50.tinypic.com/21l3f3s.jpg
#8SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:33:41 PM(edited)
Zeeak4444 posted...
P.S. Sea you really have been an awesome addition to this board. I want to say thank you because your topics are always a good read.

Thanks I really appreciate it^^

anilEhilated posted...
So what rank is the TC?

Currently Platinum III, I gain about a division in a little over a week and I have have hit absolutely zero problems so far so I have no doubt that I will go much higher as long I get more time to get in games.

I have experienced many diamond and challenger games as I have many on my friends list. With better teammates you get to trust them more and bigger plays happen.

For those things who think I haven't experienced elo hell. I am currently doing placement matches with someone in gamefaqs and they are relatively easy at bronze. I duoed with someone at silver I this weekend and helped win 8 straight games for them in a row(They are looking to get gold). Also duoed with a third person from gamefaqs at Gold I and won 2 out of 2 games this weekend.(They are looking to get platinum)

I posted a topic a while back to help people with their gamplay and if they were serious with this game. A few people messaged me so I am helping them atm.
#9POkemon_PoWeRPosted 2/25/2013 12:34:02 PM
Or I could just play Eve until Gold.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#10BowtotheTWIGPosted 2/25/2013 12:56:12 PM
SeaIntoTheSky posted...

Silver League
Learn to be a leader, ping when to back, if they are doing bad objectives let them know. Without making them ragequit Baby sit your teammates endlessly.
Ignore dragon/baron they are game throws. If the enemy team is Aced take turrets/inhibs.
When late game catch people out of position they don't know what they are doing.(Just tell your team to group). A little cs is nothing compared to how easy these people throw.
Refine your cs abilities
Learn to harass without losing cs
- Use champions no one has ever played against that you're good with for easy victories. (Karma, Top Lulu, Carry Nunu, etc)

Gold League
Be a leader, ping people when to back. Group when you have advantage do not stall the games. Baby sit your teammates endlessly.
Refine your cs abilities
Learn when you can all in for easy kills. Abuse enemy mistakes(You should now be able to identify many mistakes they do)
- Use champions no one has ever played against that you're good with for easy victories. (Karma, Top Lulu, Carry Nunu, etc)
-Don't get locked into support role or it will be a decent grind

Other than small bolded fixes, agree with these parts. Only two I have the experience in to agree with
---
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448 Updated for Season 3!
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.