I need a lot of tips here...

#1Tactician_LordPosted 2/25/2013 6:15:53 PM
So, I`m close to reaching level 30 (just 5 more levels) and there`s something I want to do before getting into ranked. I can play mid, I can play top, I can play bottom ADC and bottom support...but for the life of me I can`t get the hang of jungling. For some reason no matter how much I`ve tried to do it I can`t seem to get good at it at all. I know which skills to max first, I know which items to pick when jungling with certain characters, but no matter I never do good. I can`t gank well, sometimes can`t keep up in levels and it`s a little frustrating because I like to jungle (I like all roles, so whatever).

Any tips would be appreciated, both in general or champion specific.

Junglers I have: Diana, Elise (I prefer her on top), Hecarim, Khazix (prefer him on top too), Nocturne, Rengar (the one I`ve tried the most in jungle), Shyvana, Volibear, Zed...and unsure if Zyra can jungle, if she can then her too.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#2shadyelfPosted 2/25/2013 6:35:41 PM
Try Maokai or Xin, most easy junglers out there.

It also helps if your laner is fighting them when you show up, especially in mid lane
---
?
#3Tactician_Lord(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:46:19 PM
shadyelf posted...

It also helps if your laner is fighting them when you show up, especially in mid lane

Any tips on how to start jungling when no one wants to help you start?
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#4TomorrowDogPosted 2/25/2013 6:50:16 PM
Some of the champions you listed aren't really the most solid junglers and should only be used by somebody that is pretty confident in their abilities. The safe junglers are tanky ones with good utility and CC. Playing an assassin-type jungler is really kind of a feast or famine deal.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#5DolethorPosted 2/25/2013 6:51:38 PM
Play Amumu.
---
Frankly my Dear... let's get married again.
#6Skul_Posted 2/25/2013 6:54:53 PM
Try nunu
---
cave story is a nes or snes port-DemonDog666
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB; DSi; 3DS; GBASP; Wii;Galaxy SIII; iPod Touch 4th Gen;
#7shadyelfPosted 2/25/2013 6:57:41 PM

I try most of my jungle clears in customs without help and usually survive but with dangerously low health at the end. So (depending on jungler, tanky ones should be fine) just go back and heal. If laners complain, ignore them, their own fault.

I once got counterjungled at red and got killed but managed to bounce back and beat their jungler in terms of ganks (as Maokai) even though he was higher level than me and had more farm, and we won the game. So don't let early set backs discourage you.

Again stick to tanky junglers like Amumu, Maokai, Cho'gath at first.
---
?
#8Tactician_Lord(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:19:05 PM
shadyelf posted...

I try most of my jungle clears in customs without help and usually survive but with dangerously low health at the end. So (depending on jungler, tanky ones should be fine) just go back and heal. If laners complain, ignore them, their own fault.

I once got counterjungled at red and got killed but managed to bounce back and beat their jungler in terms of ganks (as Maokai) even though he was higher level than me and had more farm, and we won the game. So don't let early set backs discourage you.

Again stick to tanky junglers like Amumu, Maokai, Cho'gath at first.

So tanky junglers are the way to go? I ask because I honestly don`t like them...like at all. Yeah, I`m the kind of guy that uses champions based on how they look regardless of how good they are. I am good with all the ones I listed outside of being a jungler, it`s only that role that seems hard for me.
---
#9kanyediamondsPosted 2/25/2013 7:26:51 PM
Tactician_Lord posted...
shadyelf posted...

Listen to the advice those Nike commercials give and JUST DO IT! Wax on wax off brother. Believe in yourself like I believe in you. You can do anything you put your mind to. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits and not pointing fingers saying you aren't where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you!
---
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
#10Cookieman74Posted 2/25/2013 7:29:29 PM
lol, Its not that important to know how to jungle. Got to plat never playing jungle. Just told people I had no idea how to jungle.