Do Runes make that much of a difference?

#1Kharn99Posted 2/25/2013 7:27:54 PM(edited)
Let's say for instance I usually play Tanks or ADCs on normals and I have full rune pages for both roles.

Then I que with my friends for ranked and since I'm not THAT good I leave the carrying to the more experienced players and take on the support role without any runes.

Will the enemy support that has a full rune page do a significantly better job than me because of the runes?
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chosen40k/
#2xRustySpoonPosted 2/25/2013 7:29:04 PM
Significantly? No.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#3kanyediamondsPosted 2/25/2013 7:31:11 PM
With the gold/10 seals and quints it brings them up to an extra 5 gold per 10 seconds. So it's like they start off with a philo stone while you have nothing. With the extra gold it's easy to have an advantage.
---
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
#4DartkunPosted 2/25/2013 7:32:17 PM
Significant? Probably not.

Noticeable? Yes if you are using optimal runes for specific situations (which you aren't always prepared for)*

However, unless you are playing at a high caliber, I don't think it matters too much.

*: Try fighting against a LeBlanc with a full MR page. You will notice a difference.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#5pheonix_thiefPosted 2/25/2013 7:33:15 PM
but compare this, two of the same champion are against each other (either two ADC, two tanky), the one with a rune page will likely go better. Similar if you are against an AD tanky top, if you have a full armour rune page (not that i can recommend running full armour, but for the sake of this post) you will have a significantly easier time than if you didnt.
---
We must move forward, not backward, upward not forward,
and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.
#6g-cube_mastaPosted 2/25/2013 7:33:38 PM
runes period? yes. They make a big enough difference.

Using the wrong runes for a role? not a big deal if you adapt.

You can easily, easily use one of your tank rune pages for playing support. I use very bulky pages when I play taric leona or other melee supports.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxv1a21aHC1qk0exx.gif
#7Tali_ZorahPosted 2/25/2013 7:36:57 PM(edited)
Runes make the most difference in the early game. Having the wrong runes may put you at a significant early game disadvantage, making it harder to last hit, doing less damage in trades, taking more damage in trades, and even suffering from things like mana issues and less gp/10.

A bad rune set can mean the difference between having a good laning phase and getting a good creep score and money for your build, or getting hardcore zoned and/or feeding the enemy lane.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#8crosooPosted 2/25/2013 7:38:46 PM
honestly yes, if you losing early 1v1's by just a little and you type /all lucky.

Correct runes would have probably won you that fight
#9shrimp1992Posted 2/25/2013 7:46:34 PM
As a support? Not really.
---
Falcons record 11-1