Elise's autoattack animation is the worst experience I've ever had in this game.

#31Vaynard5Posted 2/26/2013 4:26:54 AM
Knight_Of_Order posted...
No AA animation bothers me after mastering Swain's old one, that **** was a real pain in the ass.

---
LoL IGN: Vaynard5
#32_HeXPosted 2/26/2013 4:56:17 AM
Her AA is fine, it's slow but once you master CSing with her you can pretty much CS with anyone else.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#33shadyelfPosted 2/26/2013 7:26:20 AM
Anivia's is bad too
---
?
#34ohnoitslueshiPosted 2/26/2013 7:29:47 AM
It's probably intentional to keep her from becoming completely ridiculous. Bad autoattack animations are an easy way to keep snowball-heavy champs in line by way of making last-hitting a pain in the ass.
---
"No more silly faces."
#35Suffer_NotPosted 2/26/2013 7:32:58 AM
People last hit with elise's auto attacks? I just use Spider form Q :D
#36ssj4supervegetaPosted 2/26/2013 8:11:50 AM
i hated ashes after they remade her...
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#37LaveronxPosted 2/26/2013 8:49:31 AM
After playing Dota for a while, LoL AA animations are all extremely beautiful.
---
Story of my life: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/367svi/
LoL IGN: Laveron
#38bast999Posted 2/26/2013 9:17:08 AM
I don't get how the AA animations are that bad.

Aren't you supposed to be orb walking?
---
This but unironically.
#39Suffer_NotPosted 2/26/2013 10:02:51 AM
bast999 posted...
I don't get how the AA animations are that bad.

Aren't you supposed to be orb walking?

Attack animations have 3 parts to them. Wind up (the amount of time it takes for an attack to happen after you right click), wind down (the amount of time it takes for animation to stop after an attack has happened), and attack projectile travel speed( how long it takes for an attack to hit someone and do damage).

Orb walking is when you issue a move command while the projectile is in flight, eliminating the wind down. You still cannot attack until the wind down animation would have completed, but it lets you reposition your self to help prevent or facilitate chasing. This is alternatively referred to as "attacking and then moving", "stutter stepping" and "ye olde shoot n' scoot".

In LoL, wind up tends to be way shorter than in Dota, even before factoring in attack speed buffs/items. But that doesn't eliminate it, and it doesn't affect projectile speed. Janna has both an awful wind up and a (comparatively) slow projectile speed, which contributes to her being a poor ADC. The same could be said of Anivia, Brand, and Elise's ranged form. None of them are very 'fluid' or responsive compared to, say, Caitlyn's gun.
#40GameEnforcerPosted 2/26/2013 10:13:42 AM
Most AP mids attack animation are pretty horrible.