Penny Arcade comic..

#1FlipManV3Posted 2/26/2013 9:55:06 AM
http://penny-arcade.com/comic

Begin a newbie, I found this pretty funny.

Anyway, what are some noob stuff that I definitely shouldn't do to prevent looking like a noob?
And what are stuff that I should be doing?
-
---
Worst elitist: PC elitists. Most delusional: Sony fanboys. Most unreasonable gamers: Nintendo fanboys. Community that ****ed my mother the most: Microsoft kids.
#2shadyelfPosted 2/26/2013 10:06:01 AM
Should be warding. And warding smartly. If a jungler likes to come in from lane ward lane bush. If he mixes it up ward both lane and river, don't be cheap.
---
?
#3Stalky24Posted 2/26/2013 10:06:25 AM
Meta is there because it's most optimal way to play the game and win.

Not following meta means you are putting yourself into disadvantage of people who play according to meta.

You can break meta, ofcourse, but you have to know what you're doing, you have to know what disadvantages and advantages it brings. For same reason you dont see a lot of lane swaps in soloQ (and even smaller number of succesful swaps) but it's common practice in tournaments.
#4hyorinryuPosted 2/26/2013 10:07:12 AM
You're going to want to learn how to last-hit(instead of just auto-attacking minions, wait till they're going to die from one hit, and warding.) Not knowing last-hitting/pushing won't kill you for a while though, especially when everyone's in a lane. Don't worry about looking like a noob. LoL's matchmaking makes sure to put you with other new people.

You shouldn't have to worry about that meta stuff until you're close to level 30 or so, and some still don't care, at least in Blind.

In draft/ranked, you're going to want to talk with your teammates about deviating from the meta, as they go in assuming that they're doing the standard brusier top/jungler/ whatever mid, and taking account your changes adds stuff they didn't plan for.

It's particular annoying when someone on your team does this and screws up, as they're screwing up makes your life harder, as every death makes that guy even harder to kill and eventually he's going to leave his lane and likely go to yours, especially if you aren't losing.
---
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
#5UnderwaterAirPosted 2/26/2013 10:32:29 AM
y halo thar, jungle teemo and ignite/flash taric duo queue partner of teemo that lost my first promotion match a few days ago

y halo thar, support fiora that took cs and irelia top that counterpicked into darius and then whined and raged when he lost two towers in 15 minutes that lost my second promotion match a few days ago

Yeap. Back to building up LP again.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#6BowtotheTWIGPosted 2/26/2013 10:35:06 AM
UnderwaterAir posted...
y halo thar, jungle teemo and ignite/flash taric duo queue partner of teemo that lost my first promotion match a few days ago

y halo thar, support fiora that took cs and irelia top that counterpicked into darius and then whined and raged when he lost two towers in 15 minutes that lost my second promotion match a few days ago

Yeap. Back to building up LP again.

Darius isn't a counter to Irelia...
---
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448 Updated for Season 3!
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.
#7DualSword31Posted 2/26/2013 10:36:54 AM
Uninstalling League of Legends is the best way to play this game.
#8StupidMofozPosted 2/26/2013 10:38:53 AM
DualSword31 posted...
Uninstalling League of Legends is the best way to play this game.
#9UnderwaterAirPosted 2/26/2013 10:43:17 AM
Darius isn't a counter to Irelia...

Explain how Irelia is supposed to beat Darius when all he needs in lane is a Warden's to more or less make her unable to do anything to hurt him.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#10HyperShadow4321Posted 2/26/2013 10:53:39 AM
Being new, you can get away with alot since obviously you wouldn't know any better. Off the top of my head though...

-Buy wards, especially if you're a support. People can tell if you're a nub support if you don't buy any wards. Ward strategically though. ALSO (this happens in early level games alot) if nobody jungles, or at least if the enemy team has no jungler, then don't bother warding early on until people start roaming around since you can keep tabs on the enemy team through the map. Early game, you can manage ganks mostly just by people calling out MIAs.

-Also, MIA means "missing in action". If you're laning, and the enemy you're laning against disappears, then call MIA to warn your team that he might be trying to gank. If you're not sure if he's trying to gank or just at base, then call MIA anyways and just say "nevermind" if he shows up soon after. Better safe than sorry.

-I personally never buy potions past the very beginning of the game. They're helpful in sustaining yourself in lane until you hit about level 5-6, but past that they're not worth it. One of my friends got into the game pretty recently, so he didn't quite understand how to build his character. I saw him in one game with like eight or nine health potions stocked up. Don't do that.

-If an enemy has low health and is running away from you into his team's jungle, unless you KNOW you have a way to catch him, it's often best to just cut your losses and abandon the chase. Chasing an enemy too long can easily set you up for a gank.

-Don't dive at a turret at early levels to try to kill somebody unless you know you can finish him and flash right out without getting killed. There were several times when I started playing that I started beating the hell out of the guy I was laning against pre-6. He had almost no HP left so I might try to jump in, finish him off, and then run out... just to overextend myself and get killed.

-Don't jump into a bush if you think that your enemy might be hiding in it. Check it with a ward or a skillshot that you can throw into it. There were so many times where the game had started and me and my teammate were sitting in one bush waiting for the minions to spawn. Then my teammate would jump into the bush right in front of us to check it and immediately get murdered by the two people standing there.

-Just don't go running off by yourself alone past laning phase, ever. I've seen so many times where someone ran off by themselves to try and finish off a tower, ward Baron/Dragon, whatever, just to get ganged up on and killed.

Also, this should be a no-brainer. But don't be a dick to other players. If someone is playing badly, verbally harassing them won't make them play any better. Sometimes legitimately good/decent players just have bad games. I've had times where I went maybe 12/2/8 one game and then 0/7/3 the next. Provide constructive advice/criticism or just deal with it.