A question about getting into this.

#1BarneyMcbigglePosted 2/26/2013 1:00:56 PM
Did it take a while for any of you who have invested a lot of time in LoL to get immersed and really start to love the game? I played 6 games over 2 and half hours when I started and never really found myself sinking into the game, but I didn't hate it. Am I giving up on this too early? Input would be appreciated.
Also, it's definitely not a dislike of the genre, I loved dungeon crawlers with similar playstyles like Diablo and Torchlight, and I love RTS games (mostly Starcraft)
---
You want a piece of me, boy?
#2TomorrowDogPosted 2/26/2013 1:08:32 PM
The game has a rather ridiculous amount of material you have to slowly learn, so yeah it can be a lot less fun early on as opposed to later when you know the items/abilities and can theorycraft about what beats what. Not to mention if you are new to the genre and have to figure out the pace of the game and how to avoid running in to five enemies solo and getting outright obliterated before you can do anything.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#3ArkhanoidPosted 2/26/2013 1:49:49 PM
According to Steam I've logged 585 hours (my time played is definitely less than that).

I hit level 30 a few weeks ago and I still feel like a newbie on it. Currently filling out my AP rune page before I even think about ranked.
#4FvPPosted 2/26/2013 1:51:25 PM
I didn't really get into the game until about 1-3 weeks in.

It gets more fun the more you know about it. At the beginning there seems like there are so many champs, abilities, and items to know.
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#5mrich528Posted 2/26/2013 1:56:33 PM
BarneyMcbiggle posted...

Also, it's definitely not a dislike of the genre, I loved dungeon crawlers with similar playstyles like Diablo and Torchlight, and I love RTS games (mostly Starcraft)

those are games of a different genre my friend, though i can see the similarities that you can draw from them. personally, i love PvP games more than anything, though I did used to love Diablo and SC-type games that didn't focus on PvP as much.

But with LoL, I found myself immediately loving the gameplay and fast paced action of each game, while also combining the whole leveling up advancement thing that they did with the XP system.

I'd say if you like it, keep playing it, if you find yourself hating yourself after every game, don't.
---
Current games: GW2: CaptainBojangles. Steam (CSS,TF2,L4D2): randy marsh, LoL: CaptainBojangles
#6drakwardPosted 2/26/2013 2:55:49 PM
It took me about a month to fully learn the basic mechanics and all, but I learn something new every day/week about this game.
---
BIG POTATO MOTHS!