You shouldn't play tank if you're too afraid to initiate.

#1Veggeta XPosted 2/26/2013 8:12:53 PM
I feel most people who loves playing tanky top/jungle that gets to be on my team are so damn afraid to initiate. Just played a game where me(Twitch) and this Alistar dominated bot and I got super fed. Malphite top and Horseman jungle did NOT want to initiate at all. I told them I am very well fed and I would melt all of the enemies if they dived in first. I dunno what they were waiting for. Malphite wanted to split push and Horseman kept going back into his jungle to farm. We also had baron buff.

So there we stood outside of their tower wasting our baron. I got fed up so I initiated with a fresh wave and killed three of them instantly with me dying. That of course forced Malphite and Horseman to clean up for the win. I kindly told them if they initiated then we could of won so much earlier and I wouldn't have to die. Malphite said "How come you just didn't do that earlier then?". Right... cause a squishy ADC Twitch is suppose to initiate. Gotta love passive tanks.
---
I'm anti-elitist
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
#2DeadpooL7Posted 2/26/2013 8:14:52 PM
Cause its all about the K/D brah...

They dont want to die and want to get those easy clean up kills so if they lose they can go 'omg look at my score 10-5, bot lane to heavy, cant carry, elo hell'.
#3mystermandragonPosted 2/26/2013 8:32:44 PM
the thing im afraid of is that my team wont follow up.

I will malph ult in and my team slowly walks up and by the time they get there, the enemy team is already back on their feet and melting me.

I was traumatized by this one time where I was playing Malph and i thought i should tell my team when i was going in, so i typed.

"im going in"
i wait 5 seconds, no objections, I ult in and as im flying through the air our ADC types.

"Hold on, someone's at the door"

---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#4SKEXEPosted 2/26/2013 8:40:33 PM
I have one friend who mains top and support, and while he's very good at both (solid grasp of mechanics, dependable to do his job, etc.) he also tends to play pretty passive. Which is a shame because there are times when it would be really beneficial if he just went in.

He's getting much better about it, but still, I know how you feel. =/
---
PSN: BFOUR
Continuum Shift Main: Hazama. Totally the best scrub ever, get at me
#5Veggeta X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:03:48 PM
DeadpooL7 posted...
Cause its all about the K/D brah...

They dont want to die and want to get those easy clean up kills so if they lose they can go 'omg look at my score 10-5, bot lane to heavy, cant carry, elo hell'.

If that's the case then don't play tanks. Play killer/adc/assassin.
---
I'm anti-elitist
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
#6pozertronPosted 2/26/2013 9:05:35 PM
I tend to forget which role i play as *especially if i got a squishy pick*, and it bites me in the a$$ most of the time since i'm always the first one on my team to DIVE RIGHT IN!
#7JennaTahliaPosted 2/26/2013 9:05:44 PM
Situational although it seems like those two have the low elo mentality of not knowing how to finish games.
---
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/happysack2/TheDog.png
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#8EDumeyPosted 2/26/2013 9:11:48 PM
That's why you play Fizz.

You get to be the squishy carry doing all the damage, but you also have a fish to throw in that is pretty universally known as "GO GO GO".

Though I understand. I've never actually had anyone not follow up when I Malph ult in, or Mummy bandage/Ult, or WW ult or any hard initiation sort of thing really. So it makes no sense to me when I see super passive players.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#9DogmanwalkingPosted 2/26/2013 9:37:55 PM
On the other side, you should follow up after your tank initiates. Playing as Cho'Gath with 4500 health, I pushed with 3 allies to turret with a single enemy there and 3 of the remaining 4 accounted for on another lanes. I pinged the tower and typed "I'll tank" and started hitting the tower. They all fell back, with TF telling me to wait for the minions...that were all the way back closer to our turret then thiers.
Needless to say, the turret didn't go down, I died running from 2 enemy champs that we should've squashed with 4 people and my allies ended up getting aced battling 4V5 at our turret. Side notes, we were all full health and the turret was half health.
#10Evolution50Posted 2/26/2013 9:44:43 PM
If I'm playing J4, and our bot is like Taric, I'll get him to stun first then follow with EQ, or any one else with a stun, guarantees the CC chain. Also if we have a support like Nami I'll let her ult down first, or Morgana I'll initiate off her binding. Actually most of the time unless they are way out of position you let other people set up an initiate.