Another meta sheep topic.

#1TwCabl3Posted 2/27/2013 8:32:20 AM
Good morning friends. I just want to share some thoughts after a game I had yesterday. This isn't a topic to bash the meta game because I understand why it exists.

Its to bash cry babies who throw the game as soon as someone does something that doesn't fit into the meta.

My situation happened last night in a ranked game. Through some miscommunication, my team didn't pick a jungler. Ok, obviously not optimal. I get that. But does that REALLY mean you have to turn into a troll? I had an Ezreal on my team that claimed we lost before minions even spawned and he proceeded to be a useless cancer to the team in game and in chat.

It was ranked. Why wouldn't you do everything you could to win? It was also unfortunately my last placement match and I'm now in silver =/.
---
XBL Gamertag- cabald
#2DoctorEggmanPosted 2/27/2013 8:34:35 AM
just report and move on, people will cry and moan about stupid things

though being confrontational and unyielding to these sorts of people can generally aggravate the issue, its best to defuse their irrational rage by being cool-headed and positive
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://i.imgur.com/n8yh1.jpg
#3Edge4o7_Posted 2/27/2013 8:37:08 AM
Because after hundreds or thousands of LoL games you become really jaded about the terrible community pulling troll bull**** like no jungler because 2 ****heads want top when it negatively impacts your goal (winning).
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#4Rookie_JetPosted 2/27/2013 8:55:35 AM
If I had a team to play with, I would probably roll two top more often than not. You just need to make sure the two tops have some really good combination of CC and/or push power. Harass is nice too. If you get the right combo, you're making the enemy top pretty useless by killing him repeatedly or simply denying him farm and exp. OR the jungler will need to end up babysitting top which just makes it a 2v2 top except one of their summoners is smite which is useless in a skirmish (for the most part; I'm not here to argue the circumstantial uses it would have in a fight).

TL;DR it is disappointing that he gave up before the match started. 2 top is definitely a winnable situation.
#5ArkhanoidPosted 2/27/2013 8:59:48 AM
Whenever I've jungled against a team with 2 top I always just ask the top laner to farm under tower. As soon as top outlevels them by 2-3 I'll ask for mid to come gank with me - crush them and then take their tower.

Lane lost, both underleveled and underfarmed. GG.
#6NoboPosted 2/27/2013 9:08:11 AM(edited)
There is no meta right now. Ryze and Katrina go top, madness!!!!
---
Too bad DRKs can't cast Absorb skill Mr. No Skill. -Kamih
#7Rookie_JetPosted 2/27/2013 9:09:11 AM
Arkhanoid posted...
Whenever I've jungled against a team with 2 top I always just ask the top laner to farm under tower. As soon as top outlevels them by 2-3 I'll ask for mid to come gank with me - crush them and then take their tower.

Lane lost, both underleveled and underfarmed. GG.

Yeah, that's why you have to have the right combo to zone them out of exp or have the CC and damage to kill him (which I guess accomplishes zoning him out of exp as well). You definitely can roll up there with two random champs and hope to win the lane.
#8sethyboy0Posted 2/27/2013 9:11:21 AM
Just recently I played a game that had some premades who decided to go dual top and still have a jungler, forcing me to solo bot. I ended up picking AP Yi for the sustain and basically just chilled back. By the end of laning phase I had lost my tower but was only about 15 CS behind, and I did not die a single time. Top ended up winning lane (go figure) and jungler and top ganks actually ended up making bot lane go 3/0 (which must have pissed the hell off of the other team's bot lane).

We ended up losing because the Jungler DCd and one of the teammates left to eat dinner, but the fact I went 1/0/5 in a solo bot and eventually 3v5 at least made for an interesting loss.

And no I'm not good, I just played very defensively and didn't follow my team when they went 1 by 1 against 4 people. Teamfights never actually happened because my goddamn team was practically trying to get caught.
#9MetleonPosted 2/27/2013 9:17:48 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...
If I had a team to play with, I would probably roll two top more often than not. You just need to make sure the two tops have some really good combination of CC and/or push power. Harass is nice too. If you get the right combo, you're making the enemy top pretty useless by killing him repeatedly or simply denying him farm and exp. OR the jungler will need to end up babysitting top which just makes it a 2v2 top except one of their summoners is smite which is useless in a skirmish (for the most part; I'm not here to argue the circumstantial uses it would have in a fight).

TL;DR it is disappointing that he gave up before the match started. 2 top is definitely a winnable situation.

You don't actually need either CC or pushing power. I was top as Nidalee with a Soraka once and I just kept spamming spears to zone our opponent. When Nocturne came to gank, he stepped on one of my traps and we just turned around and killed him.

I think coordination is the most important thing with duo top, which doesn't happen often because each player is used to being in a solo lane.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#10Rookie_JetPosted 2/27/2013 9:25:54 AM
Metleon posted...
You don't actually need either CC or pushing power. I was top as Nidalee with a Soraka once and I just kept spamming spears to zone our opponent. When Nocturne came to gank, he stepped on one of my traps and we just turned around and killed him.

I think coordination is the most important thing with duo top, which doesn't happen often because each player is used to being in a solo lane.

In your case, you had extreme zoning/harass instead which works. Infinite spears will keep most people back. You essentially made both their top and their jungler useless by succeeding. Nicely done.