Late game warding.

#1PhoenixEgg88Posted 2/27/2013 9:02:56 AM
So I usually play support in games. Late game I became aware that I was warding less than i should be so I've been trying to make amends for it. But I'm wondering whereabouts i should be warding. Drake baron and mid river points are a given. I usually use pinks for baron and drake anyway. My ruby sightstone wards are reserved for the spontaneous moments where you would rather not facecheck that bush.

Any tips for warding late game or is it just the most vision possible?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#2Sword_SlasherPosted 2/27/2013 9:11:15 AM
River corner brushes are always good choices. (The spot in the long brush between the small circle brush and the side straight line brush)

Their wraiths or red while on the aggresive, or your blue/blue entrance or red backside brush on the defense. Besides that obviously baron after level 12...If you're being frugal with items you should try to have 4-6 wards out at a time.
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#3whiteshadow_exePosted 2/27/2013 9:14:43 AM
A common good spot to ward is the shore entrance to the wraith camps from the river as this can prevent the occasional engage from the tank sneaking up from the bushes next to wraith camp to mid lane. Happens too often. Another good spot to ward, in my opinion, is close to the elder lizard camp or the ancient token camp. Since late game people tend to ignore the buffs and let the enemy team steal them. It also depends if your team is playing on the defensive rather than the offensive.
---
XBL/PSN: NightshadeEXE
#4negative4Posted 2/27/2013 9:22:59 AM
There's always location where you get the most vision out of your wards and where it's common for people to cross. River corners, ramps, near buffs, etc. are the usual places outside of Baron/Dragon.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vt7JanHXfJ0/ThIs1ib9ZqI/AAAAAAAAAm4/CK9HYFQrcZc/s1600/warding.jpg

That should give you some idea. The placement makes a huge different as you get a bit more vision depending on the location you ward at.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#5dotsdfePosted 2/27/2013 9:32:12 AM
Minimal warding should probably be both river bushes mid + baron/dragon in a neutral game, or your buffs/other points in your jungle + baron if you're on the defensive.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#6PhoenixEgg88(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:23:35 AM
Thanks for the replies. I try and have at least 4-6 up at a given time. Usually 2 pinks at key areas and rest greens unless we are facing stealth champs where ill keep one in the bag.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10