How do you pick your champions?

#1BenWhoDrownedPosted 2/27/2013 11:57:43 AM
Gold elo match. You are forced to solo (mid/top) lane against a strong pick with few counters. What are you more likely to do? - Results (41 votes)
Disregard enemy's champion and pick a champion you are VERY good at using, even if the enemy counters you a little.
87.8% (36 votes)
Pick a champion that counters your opponent as hard as possible, even if you don't know how to use it perfectly.
7.32% (3 votes)
Pick the most OP/unbalanced champion that wasn't banned, disregarding counterpicks and your skill to use him/her.
4.88% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Justify your answer.
#2SomnambulisticPosted 2/27/2013 11:59:22 AM
The first one.

Skill will always be a more important factor than the matchup.
---
Would you like to know more?
http://i.imgur.com/7paAWOD.jpg
#3TriikzPosted 2/27/2013 11:59:39 AM
Where is the option for picking a champion that fills a role your team lacks? Or for picking a champion that synergizes well with your team?

I think you need to add a few more options to your pole.
---
I dont always argue with idiots. But when I do, I prefer Gamefaqs...
#4Suffer_NotPosted 2/27/2013 11:59:50 AM
I pick whoever is open for that role with the largest breasts.

Because I can.
#5Supah_AxelPosted 2/27/2013 12:02:01 PM
I try to pick my favorite champ for the role unless the enemy champ is a champ that counters me, then I pick one I like that doesn't get countered. I don't care so much about countering them, just not letting myself get countered. If my champ does counter them though, all the better.
---
Not buying SSB4 without the inclusion of the flower fairy Lip as a playable character.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bakabridget/
#6BenWhoDrowned(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:02:04 PM
Triikz posted...
Where is the option for picking a champion that fills a role your team lacks? Or for picking a champion that synergizes well with your team?

The role is either mid or top, whichever one for the purpose of the poll.

The synnergy thing was missing though, you are right. Please disregard this factor.
#7TriikzPosted 2/27/2013 12:04:57 PM
BenWhoDrowned posted...
Triikz posted...

The role is either mid or top, whichever one for the purpose of the poll.

The synnergy thing was missing though, you are right. Please disregard this factor.

Hm apparantley I fail reading again... Sigh. My mistake.
---
I dont always argue with idiots. But when I do, I prefer Gamefaqs...
#8BenWhoDrowned(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:07:58 PM
Because of the number of times I've seen someone pick a Malphite just because it wasn't banned and going 0/7 during laning phase, I must say the results so far surprise me.
#9negative4Posted 2/27/2013 12:10:33 PM
Where's the option for helping your team composition? I'd rather my team's synergy is better than picking based on matchups alone.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#10MetleonPosted 2/27/2013 12:11:09 PM
Pick who I'm good with but avoid counterpicking myself.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.