Proven: No matter how hard you carry, if your team is bad, you will lose

#11MiKe Of GaMeSPosted 2/27/2013 10:58:08 PM
It's about averages.

You play well enough that the number of games where you can carry hard enough for your bad team mates outnumbers the number of times that you can't carry hard enough for your bad team mates.

I don't think anyone expects you to be able to carry every game all the time. But pretending like it's impossible to carry bad team mates isn't right either.
---
SS FC: 4813 - 3323 - 0172
#12ZethiosPosted 2/27/2013 11:04:30 PM
I saw a red crow
Therefore all crows are red

But seriously, there are games where kids refuse to jump into the backpack, and there are other games where you are the singular reason why you won.
---
So, you apes wanna live forever?
#13g-cube_mastaPosted 2/27/2013 11:09:47 PM
Alternatively, no matter how much you feed, if your team is good, they'll carry your ass.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#14DartkunPosted 2/27/2013 11:14:35 PM(edited)
myg0t_stk posted...
P00DGE posted...
Well it is a team game. People like to act big and tough like they can solo the world, but most of the time you play with people around your level, and when you are the only fed person on your team, but 3 or 4 of the people on the other team are fed, the chances of just being able to win on your own is low.

this

It's true, you are only 1 player on a team. However that also doesn't mean you don't have any responsibility. Most people who lose and blame teammates never try to improve and learn why they are losing versus other players who can carry themselves out of any ranking and get to diamond or whatever.

Don't misconstrue my statements. Not every single game is winnable, and no one should ever say that.

If you really think you don't make a difference, go smurf. That is taking it to an extreme, but it is an example of a place where individual skill can win you the game.

Here, I made a smurf recently to play with a friend.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23760351#history

11/0/2 against 3 people mid verse just me.

Now, I'm not saying this is indicative of anything at level 30. But people who whine about team, well. What can you do about it, you can't make other people better. You can only make yourself better.

Get the logic?

The only person you have control over is yourself, until you play perfect or beyond perfect. You always have to improve because you have not reached the skill ceiling yet. That random support you just got on your team that sucks? You can't affect him, he's just a random person on the internet that will disappear once the game is over, you can't affect him, stop caring about it.

And lastly, if one player doesn't matter, what if 1 player disconnects, that 4v5 must be really fair since 1 player doesn't matter.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#15_Anticlimactic_Posted 2/27/2013 11:14:50 PM
Haha you couldn't carry a lvl twenty two game on your smurf (lol sorry "friends account)? That really sad.
#16EphidelPosted 2/27/2013 11:35:23 PM
Dartkun posted...
Proven: No matter how hard Hello_Indigo carries, he will lose.

Don't lump yourself in with the rest of us.

Just because you can't carry doesn't mean no one else can.

I don't normally quote a post and add nothing of worth to it, but this is exactly how I feel.
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif
#17ZorenPosted 2/27/2013 11:36:05 PM
zefig posted...
Sounds like you took all the kills and couldn't carry hard enough.

this tends to be the case, it's not too hard to carry if you pressure situations where you can lean on your opponents like global objectives.
---
Metroid DS name: Sacadam FC: 201931021467
Starcraft Broodwars: Newplayer1
#18P00DGEPosted 2/27/2013 11:59:05 PM
Dartkun posted...
myg0t_stk posted...
P00DGE posted...
Well it is a team game. People like to act big and tough like they can solo the world, but most of the time you play with people around your level, and when you are the only fed person on your team, but 3 or 4 of the people on the other team are fed, the chances of just being able to win on your own is low.

this

It's true, you are only 1 player on a team. However that also doesn't mean you don't have any responsibility. Most people who lose and blame teammates never try to improve and learn why they are losing versus other players who can carry themselves out of any ranking and get to diamond or whatever.

Don't misconstrue my statements. Not every single game is winnable, and no one should ever say that.

If you really think you don't make a difference, go smurf. That is taking it to an extreme, but it is an example of a place where individual skill can win you the game.

Here, I made a smurf recently to play with a friend.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23760351#history

11/0/2 against 3 people mid verse just me.

Now, I'm not saying this is indicative of anything at level 30. But people who whine about team, well. What can you do about it, you can't make other people better. You can only make yourself better.

Get the logic?

The only person you have control over is yourself, until you play perfect or beyond perfect. You always have to improve because you have not reached the skill ceiling yet. That random support you just got on your team that sucks? You can't affect him, he's just a random person on the internet that will disappear once the game is over, you can't affect him, stop caring about it.

And lastly, if one player doesn't matter, what if 1 player disconnects, that 4v5 must be really fair since 1 player doesn't matter.

Its easy to do that against people no where as good as you. But in the average situation you are matched against people at roughly your skill level. You can throw theoretical examples around as much as you want, but the fact remains that you arent going to suddenly gain a burst of brilliance and skill and be able to just "carry"your entire team like its nothing. And not every game has a lesson to be learned to make yourself better. In every game of league it is gauranteed that five people are going to lose. There can be no other outcome. Even if you had mirror teams with exact clones of each player, one team would end up losing. This is how it is in league, and no amount of pretend ability to overcome all odds and one vs the world can change the fact that sometimes it has to be you on the losing team.
#19DeadpooL7Posted 2/27/2013 11:59:37 PM
hello_indigo posted...
I went on my friend's level 22 account. Played a normal game with Akali. Destroyed enemy mid Yi and turret, got a dragon or two, got top turret with tryndamere, ganked bot and top multiple times. Got fed. Midgame, Cait is literally 0/6, jungle fiddle is 0/5 even with my ganks and what not.

Anyways, lategame, Tryndamere constantly jumps into team fights without the rest of us around and dies constantly despite everyone telling him not to. Cait continues feeding but got a kill 1/11/8 Cait. Fiddle still doing horrible. Only one playing his role well was Volibear who was tanking and flipping people.

I watch as team mates engages 2v4, 3v5, watch our turrets go down 1 by 1. Meanwhile other team is so fed that as soon as Akali jumps in, she gets focused and dies.

Just saying, to all of you non-believers, no amount of carrying can save yourself from a bad team.

inb4 firststep: accept that you are bad

already accepted, but bronze II going to play pre lvl 30 normals and losing due to bad team. Can't deny it.
:D

Wait.... are you claiming that being Bronze II means you should be able to carry a pre level 30 games?

Bronze II means youre one of the worst players in the world.
#20HostileFirePosted 2/28/2013 1:06:44 AM
I had one of those games just now and I want to vent. I went 18/6/13 as Ziggs and did twice as much damage to champs as the next guy on my team but it was as easy as our Ezreal sitting in base for a good while spamming ultis and talking but not playing with us and players that constantly got caught out for us to lose a 45 min game. Yayyyyyyy.
---
http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire | Steam ID: HostileFire
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HostileFire/stats/188642465/ps3/