Thought about it and (Sej build topic)

#1PhoenixNinePosted 2/28/2013 6:41:34 AM
Right now your best bet with Sej is probably this build:

1. Machete and 5 pots
2. Spirit Stone and boots (also get a Ward or two if possible - get Wards whenever you can really)
3. Ancient Golem Spirit and Ninja Tabi
4. Warmog
5. Sunfire OR Bulwark OR Locket OR Liandry's OR Randuin
6. More of what you didn't get at 5.
7. More of what you didn't get at 5/6.

Generally you won't be getting Bulwark because there's not a lot of magic damage going around these days, but there are times when it will be your best bet after Warmog.

Sunfire boosts your damage output the most out of any item will making you tankier.

Liandry's is an alternative to Sunfire. If you get both your DPS will be at it's maximum, but your overall tankiness may suffer as a result.

Randuin is amazing against heavy AD teams.

Locket is a very nice item you can go for as well, though I typically do fine without it. See if anyone else on the team is getting it. For your solo-q carrying purposes (and Sejuani doesn't just carry, she DRAGS) I'd advise against it. The HP and CDR are nice certainly but you can do better for that price tag.

I'd also like to mention Shurelya. This is a pretty awesome item, but the fact it now builds from a nigh-useless jungle item (Philo Stone) and the fact there's simply better items out there for that gold cost means you should talk your support into getting it instead. HP and CDR are nice but it's like with Locket - you can get better.

Any other items are not really worth considering. If you're winning by a large margin (emphasis on large), you can try getting an Atma and Trinity/Mallet or Zephyr (for lulz).
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#2ChocoboDreamsPosted 2/28/2013 6:46:26 AM
I play Sejuani top. I hate that most of my favorite champs -belong- in the jungle as far as player meta goes, but she's a very good top with very good strengths. All of her terrible early game is countered entirely if you manage to sustain lane long enough to get a giants belt on your first back, and there's plenty of items to help with that sustain.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#3PhoenixNine(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 6:50:07 AM
I don't see the point of Sejuani top. She has good clear and is incredibly powerful with very little item-wise, scaling perfectly into lategame (something many junglers do not).

On top she's a bad duelist with weak wave-clear if the enemy is there to stop her doing it. No sustain either. Decent/good (pre/post 6) lane to gank for the allied jungler and good escape but it's not enough IMO.

Most competent top players should shut her down easily.
---
#4ChocoboDreamsPosted 2/28/2013 7:46:06 AM(edited)
PhoenixNine posted...
I don't see the point of Sejuani top. She has good clear and is incredibly powerful with very little item-wise, scaling perfectly into lategame (something many junglers do not).

On top she's a bad duelist with weak wave-clear if the enemy is there to stop her doing it. No sustain either. Decent/good (pre/post 6) lane to gank for the allied jungler and good escape but it's not enough IMO.

Most competent top players should shut her down easily.

Only person I've gotten shut down hard so far by was a Gangplank, and I'm not so sure it wasn't my fault yet. I'm on the phone now, so I can't really elaborate.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=45476-v-moon-v-sejuani-build-guide

That's the guide that piqued my interest. It's a pretty solid guide if you go into it with an open mind. He actually gives pretty solid logic as to how Sejuani is a better top than jungler.

The less people that catch on, the better though. Keeps people not knowing what to expect when they lane against me and keeps people from using my champ. <3
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#5PhoenixNine(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 9:53:23 AM
Surprise is certainly an advantage.
---
#6EcchiBakaPosted 2/28/2013 9:57:30 AM
Aren't you the guy that posted the topic about the Sej guide?

Anyway, recommending Spirit Visage over Bulwark for MRes unless the Support just absolutely has no room for it.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
#7PhoenixNine(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:06:34 AM
Eh actually I forgot SV. Yeah it can be a solid post-mog for MR.
---
#8PhoenixNine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 2:39:20 AM
Booting topic.

Sejuani players should take a look here.
---
#9LithspPosted 3/1/2013 3:15:01 AM
I play her top too usually.

I basically either spam kindlegem or giants belt items.

She's an amazing top laner.. love her jungle too though, obviously.
---
[]Signature[]
#10DanulusPosted 3/1/2013 3:38:58 AM
I love Sej. Can't pick her though because someone will dodge if you try to use her in draft.
---
"Do not swallow your moral code in tablet form." - Christopher Hitchens
"What a shame." - J.C. Denton