So why is Darius not as great as he seems?

#21Awesome_BastardPosted 2/28/2013 10:24:08 AM
he's got no real escapes
---
Anyone who claims they're Awesome is just really a Bastard.
#22XelltrixPosted 2/28/2013 10:26:12 AM
From: ohnoitslueshi | Posted: 2/28/2013 10:50:45 AM | #008
Too bad that it wasn't funny in the slightest and made you look like an ignorant jackass.

You're the only one coming across as a jackass in this topic.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#23DaddyZeus67Posted 2/28/2013 10:36:12 AM
Reasons why I don't think he's all that

Oh who am I kidding? Everyone else pointed out his flaws, namely mobility issues and CC. Plus, he's a selfish character to play as, doing nothing but kill-stealing everyone lategame
---
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/DaddyZeus67
http://www.last.fm/user/NewYorkSlam
#24FlareZeroPosted 2/28/2013 11:10:41 AM
He sets up ganks nicely in top lane and you'll often expend summoner spells and your skills just to escape. He snowballs really well and personally, I don't care if he takes all the kills as long as we win the fight. It's like this: if I'm an ADC, my job is to melt people. Getting the kills isn't in the job description, but what people expect me to do. A Darius that can get that early kill and snowball becomes a pain in the ass for the other team, especially in team fights. If you can't take him down quickly enough, he'll make you bleed and dunk on you.

It's just you get the dumb soloQ players who think they can chase enemies through 3 turrets to secure a kill while getting kited by ranged squishies in the process that makes him look bad. Play smarter and you become more annoying than ever reeling in people, putting bleed stacks on them, and then super dunking if they get low.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#25BirdFluFTWPosted 2/28/2013 1:03:47 PM
ohnoitslueshi posted...
I bet you're the type of person who yells at people on foodstamps who happen to be buying healthy food for being "leeches".

My family owns a grocery store... I can tell you from experience that at least 90% not only don't even know what healthy food is... But will also always have a full stock of booze and cigarettes, be clearly on drugs of some sort, and have a nicer cell phone than i do

So yes i will call them leeches
---
if athletes can't take steroids, shouldn't models not be photoshopped?
#26LlamaNubPosted 2/28/2013 1:14:34 PM
There is no room to counterplay as Darius. Simplicity can be a boon, but it can also backfire because there's just nothing you can do as Darius except walking straight up and fight. This makes him hilariously predictable and one dimensional.

Such characters flat-out suck when they get behind as they provide no utility whatsoever. So if Darius somehow loses lane advantage, he'll be useless. What's the point of a character that can only fight, but can't even win a straight up 1v1 against the enemy laner. Worthless.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.
#27Masemune_100Posted 2/28/2013 1:21:54 PM
If I'm ahead with Darius and my team is behind I'll use his ult as something to force a kill to someone else rather than furthering my own lead. But if we're all even or it's late game and them dying matters more than who kills them I'll go full blown kill secure time.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#28_Ferdi_Posted 2/28/2013 1:22:57 PM
Thanks Obama
---
What's your favorite song? Something you listen to a bunch and it sounds like the first time.