Another nerf to Warmog, another nerf to Mundo. How bad is Mundo atm from where..

#1AC_DragonfirePosted 3/1/2013 2:02:15 AM
he used to be in Season 2. He was a highly picked champion in S2 tournaments and with his core item being nerfed a bit more coupled along with all the nerfs he's received. Is Riot going a little extreme on nerfing him?
#2kourkourPosted 3/1/2013 2:13:30 AM
he used to be in Season 2. He was a highly picked champion in S2 tournaments and with his core item being nerfed a bit more coupled along with all the nerfs he's received. Is Riot going a little extreme on nerfing him?

I've seen him picked in S3 tourneys, so he must be viable just more team dependent than he used to be.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#3PrizmSlashPosted 3/1/2013 2:14:12 AM
I'm surprised to not have seen almost any mundos at all in league of stacking hp. He should be pretty good but I have only seen like 3 or 4 in the last few months.
---
-_-
#4Gun SagePosted 3/1/2013 2:28:08 AM
He used to die slow enough that his natural heatlh regen from double warmogs, FoN, Randuin's, etc etc, would allow him to regenerate some of his health in a teamfight just off his natural regen.

Now natural regen seems mostly useless (Warmogs + Aegis + Aegis + Hydra + Locket + Spirit Visage can come out to... what... 50 per second tops? Compared to the old 300 that was possible? Without a champ dying in seconds due to the damage being slung around everywhere nowadays...)

So he's still great for farming the jungle faster than pretty much anyone, having an anti-healthstacking Q on a low cooldown poke with a hefty slow, an aura AoE for picking up assists easy as can be, and a HUGE AD steroid...

I think he's still great, personally. I'd suggest building him Ninja tabi (as always), Randuin's, Warmogs, Spirit Visage, Sunfire Cape, and a Wit's End.

Why a wits? Well, the attack speed is nice to make the fullest of his AD steroid, and it adds a little magic damage to his strikes which helps. The biggest factor is the MR.

All that said, I've been thinking of swapping out the sunfire cape for a ravenous hydra. Bit of regen, good amount of lifesteal, and still deals great damage to enemies around you, especially with his E...

Really though, he's nowhere near what he was in S2, but that's not to say he's not great.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#5TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/1/2013 2:31:44 AM
I still find him a brutal stomp train, able to win fights he shouldn't just because of his statless Q, and very high surviablity.
---
lol
#6AC_Dragonfire(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 2:44:45 AM(edited)
kourkour posted...

I've seen him picked in S3 tourneys, so he must be viable just more team dependent than he used to be.

I see a lot of S2 picks that are just terrible for S3. I think it's bad habits and a lot of teams have had barely any practice for pro play. This week. No Mundo. Better picks.

After looking at my lolking page I will say that mundo has my worst kda per game averages among all the other junglers I use. Here's a few. Shyvanna, Xin zhao, nautilus, Jarvan, Hecarim.

With any type of CC mundo will not even touch anyone. His sutain is incredibly bad in early game. His mid game is prob where he's decent. In late game he's pretty much ignored and used to tank. Basically cannon fodder. His single target damage is only noticable when the enemy fails to build any type of defense. Mundo can't farm to save his life... So it's hard to get items. And after he clears jungle he doesn't have any health before 6. After 6 he'll be generally around 60/80% health most of the time.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Mundo

Attack speed 0.625 (+2.8%)
That is pretty laughable considering how much he needs it.

and now compare his base stats with Hecarim.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Hecarim

in every category hecarim does better. Mundo doesn't have any mana but considering 3 of his abilities take pain to himself to use... I just don't see him being viable.
#7twopoundcowPosted 3/1/2013 3:03:34 AM
I find him to more trouble than he's worth in solo queue. So many solo queue games are decided on early pressure, and his somewhat lacking ganks (Not terrible or anything.), combined with how much health he has to burn early makes me really struggle to accomplish much as him early.

Which makes me sad, I really like Mundo. With a premade that you can rely on not to go 0-10 in the first 10 minutes without constant help, he's probably still fine. Solo queue I can't seem to do well with him.
#8kourkourPosted 3/1/2013 3:22:29 AM(edited)
kourkour posted...

I see a lot of S2 picks that are just terrible for S3. I think it's bad habits and a lot of teams have had barely any practice for pro play. This week. No Mundo. Better picks.

After looking at my lolking page I will say that mundo has my worst kda per game averages among all the other junglers I use. Here's a few. Shyvanna, Xin zhao, nautilus, Jarvan, Hecarim.

With any type of CC mundo will not even touch anyone. His sutain is incredibly bad in early game. His mid game is prob where he's decent. In late game he's pretty much ignored and used to tank. Basically cannon fodder. His single target damage is only noticable when the enemy fails to build any type of defense. Mundo can't farm to save his life... So it's hard to get items. And after he clears jungle he doesn't have any health before 6. After 6 he'll be generally around 60/80% health most of the time.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Mundo

Attack speed 0.625 (+2.8%)
That is pretty laughable considering how much he needs it.

and now compare his base stats with Hecarim.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Hecarim

in every category hecarim does better. Mundo doesn't have any mana but considering 3 of his abilities take pain to himself to use... I just don't see him being viable.

I have no opinion on Mundo, but I was simply stating that he HAS been picked in S3 competitive. Interesting stuff nonetheless, makes you wonder why the teams picked him.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#9ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/1/2013 3:57:45 AM
Hes actually really good still. people are just choosing not to use him o.o

altho he is still used in tournies too. which makes it even weirder people arent using him.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#10darkeric7x7Posted 3/1/2013 6:11:23 AM
Still using him for jungling every now and then, works really well still. For me anyway@silver. Just be sure the rest of your team fits him well.
---
Hai I'm Eric.
In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice