dat Nidalee nerf

#31AfterRedemptionPosted 3/1/2013 11:07:51 AM
I can not believe this nerf.

So, basically AD/Bruiser Nidalee is not even viable anymore seeing as she relied on getting her cougar form in lane to be able to be aggressive and trade with the opposing top. Now she can't even do that.

AP Nidalee has even LESS teamfight potential than she had before.
AP Nidalee was already so squishy that she could not really teamfight in her cougar form.
Now she absolutely can't whatsoever.

Which makes the .2 ratio on her swipe insulting.

People say, "Oh, well just build a couple more defensive items for AP Nid instead of glass cannon. Problem solved!"

Except for the fact that she pretty much HAS to build glass cannon to be able to do any kind of damage late game seeing as she falls off pretty hard.

Not to mention, Nidalee's cougar form is her damn ULTIMATE!
It is NOT like Jayce and Elise's R.

"These changes clarify Cougar formís intended strengths of high damage and high mobility rather than durability."
ORLY

Yes, I'm mad.
#32P00DGEPosted 3/1/2013 11:16:17 AM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
I don't understand how some people can defend her spears with such BS logic.

Veigar and Leblanc can burst harder? Well yah, that's to be expected when they have to use ALL of their abilities, whereas Nidalee just has to use Q. And don't forget the downtime between chunks of damage. Run up as Veigar, use every ability to burst, ok go wait for all your cooldowns, and don't expect to do a huge burst until that ult is back up. As Nidalee, sit back throw a spear, aw, missed? It's ok, you'll have another chance to do ult-level damage in just a few seconds. Oh, you hit and took someone down 70% of their health? Congrats, you've done your burst, now go wait on your cooldowns. Oh wait, nevermind, you can do the same thing again in a few seconds...

There's also the whole safety factor. You're Veigar, you have to run up into close range, use your stun to hold them in position for dark matter, q, then ult, you've done your burst, now you have to slowly run away with no escapes or cooldowns. As Nidalee you safely sit a mile away in a bush throwing nukes. If someone comes toward you, who cares? Just run away with your leap that's on a 3sec cooldown and your MS buff from bushes.

And that whole "it's long range, just dodge it" argument is also a load of crap. Any good Nidalee will sit in the fog and throw spears, so the actual time you have to see the spear and react is much shorter than people who use this argument will lead you to believe.

Her poke is too safe and too spammable for how much damage it does. Any horrible Nidalee player can just spam spears and eventually hit one (similar to how any horrible Blitzcrank can spam grabs all game and finally get lucky with one), which will do so much damage to one person prior to a teamfight that it may as well be a 4v5. That bonus 250% damage at max range needs to be heavily reduced so that her spears aren't essentially a Veigar ult skillshot on a few second cooldown.

I'm not saying "hey, remove her spear" or "make it barely do any damage."

I'm saying let's take her Q, which does a completely broken amount of damage, and only make it do a lot of damage, so instead of, "oh, our bruiser got hit with a spear and is now hanging on to life with 25% health, no way we can possibly teamfight now because of that one poke" it will be "oh, our bruiser got hit with a spear and is now at about 70% health, this teamfight is going to be more difficult now, especially if she's able to hit us with more spears during the fight."

If you bruiser loses any more than 20% of their health (being generous) they are building wrong. Late game, those spears are not doing any damage to anyone other than the squishies. Veigar can full health just about anyone at any time in the game. Nidalee falls off pretty hard late game. I dont even know why I am arguing with you. It is pretty common knowledge that ap nid is just fine right now.
#33AfterRedemptionPosted 3/1/2013 11:19:58 AM
P00DGE posted...
It is pretty common knowledge that ap nid is just fine right now.

Correction, WAS just fine.

No more MR per level?
Opposing ap might as well be doing true damage.
#34The Last CetraPosted 3/1/2013 11:26:07 AM
P00DGE posted...
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
Good, good...now nerf the damage on that damn spear.

While we are at it, just remove all her abilities and make her an auto attack based champion, mirite? The spear damage is fine. It rewards players with good timing and aim, and defines nidalee as a champion. Nerf the damage and she becomes trash tier champion. Building kust a small amount of mr already helps protect you from it, and you can easily dodge a long range spear as well.

This is really your logic? It should hit that hard because its a reward for landing a skill shot? The hit box and range on her spear make it one of the easiest skill shots in the game to land. By that logic Zed's shurikens, which have an abysmally terrible hit box and like half the range of Nid's spear should chunk squishes for half their health too.

Oh, the damage I could do with Zed's ult if that were true... >=)
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death
#35Lord SojiroPosted 3/1/2013 11:32:52 AM
AfterRedemption posted...
P00DGE posted...
It is pretty common knowledge that ap nid is just fine right now.

Correction, WAS just fine.

No more MR per level?
Opposing ap might as well be doing true damage.

You do realize most AP don't gain MR per level right? Smart Nidalee players can still judge when to go in and out of fights as cougar and be rewarded for it.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#36AfterRedemptionPosted 3/1/2013 11:35:33 AM
The Last Cetra posted...
This is really your logic? It should hit that hard because its a reward for landing a skill shot? The hit box and range on her spear make it one of the easiest skill shots in the game to land. By that logic Zed's shurikens, which have an abysmally terrible hit box and like half the range of Nid's spear should chunk squishes for half their health too.

In teamfights, it is not an easy thing to hit your intended targets.
Sure you can spam spears and catch people while your team is sieging a tower, but once a fight breaks out good luck.

That is why her damage is so high on her spear. Aside from cougar form, it is her only damaging ability so it NEEDS to do that much.

Also, how can you even compare an energy champ to a mana champ?
#37EliteGuard99Posted 3/1/2013 12:10:22 PM
AfterRedemption posted...
I can not believe this nerf.

So, basically AD/Bruiser Nidalee is not even viable anymore seeing as she relied on getting her cougar form in lane to be able to be aggressive and trade with the opposing top. Now she can't even do that.

AP Nidalee has even LESS teamfight potential than she had before.
AP Nidalee was already so squishy that she could not really teamfight in her cougar form.
Now she absolutely can't whatsoever.

Which makes the .2 ratio on her swipe insulting.

People say, "Oh, well just build a couple more defensive items for AP Nid instead of glass cannon. Problem solved!"

Except for the fact that she pretty much HAS to build glass cannon to be able to do any kind of damage late game seeing as she falls off pretty hard.

Not to mention, Nidalee's cougar form is her damn ULTIMATE!
It is NOT like Jayce and Elise's R.

"These changes clarify Cougar formís intended strengths of high damage and high mobility rather than durability."
ORLY

Yes, I'm mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7QWknxeFc
---
When the vocal part of the playerbase also has barely room-temp IQ collectively I'm quite happy that Riot doesn't listen to public opinion. - Voidgolem
#38_HeX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 12:14:19 PM
The Last Cetra posted...
P00DGE posted...
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...

While we are at it, just remove all her abilities and make her an auto attack based champion, mirite? The spear damage is fine. It rewards players with good timing and aim, and defines nidalee as a champion. Nerf the damage and she becomes trash tier champion. Building kust a small amount of mr already helps protect you from it, and you can easily dodge a long range spear as well.

Yeah a projectile that moves through units should do the same damage as Nidalee's spear, on an assassin that has no problem dealing damage as it is. Get out, seriously.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#39P00DGEPosted 3/1/2013 12:36:10 PM
The Last Cetra posted...
P00DGE posted...
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...

Oh the damage you can already do with zeds ult right now. Zed has multiple ways of outputting damage, never mind his extremely strong ult. Nidalee has her spears. That is it. That is her damage contribution. That is why it does so much damage. If they nerfed it, she wouldnt do enough damage to be viable. And the damage she does do falls off late game.
#40blabla102384756Posted 3/3/2013 1:31:53 AM(edited)
"Her spear is her only source of damage!"

So they removed cougar form did they?

Seriously, In early laning do you have any idea how annoying it is to have a spear hit you for most of your health, and then right after have them flash>pounce>swipe>ignite you?

When she 100>0's someone through a shield, you need to reconsider their damage output, or put some actual cooldowns on the abilities.

I'd be fine if Nid was a Veigar/Leblanc style "kill an enemy then run (or attempt to in Veigar's case) away." But as she is now, she is just annoying as **** too deal with early. Yes, yes later she falls off like a brick, but you have to get to later to do so.