I suck at support

#1WayavasPosted 3/1/2013 9:13:12 AM
I wish I was good at this thing but I suck, bot lane is a nightmare for me if I am forced to pick a support champion, like Thresh or Soraka, etc.

I always ward and never attack the enemy minions yet I never been able to be a good support, I ALWAYS end up feeding the enemy team like 0/12/0 but I swear I always do my best....

Most of the time this is not a problem yet sometimes people forces me to support.

Should I instead do wathever I want? Like go bot but not be support, I once went Jax bot with our adc and we owned, yet he was complaining that I was ks'ing

So, how do I get good at support? Or should I do what I WANT????
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#2batthingiePosted 3/1/2013 9:16:56 AM
How about trying out some more support champions? I didn't like support too much until I started playing Leona, and now, man, spoonfeeding my ADC so he gets super-fed is really a pretty cool feeling.
Go for other champions, man, you're bound to findo one that suits your support playstyle.
---
I hear the beating of her wings.
#3allanon645Posted 3/1/2013 9:20:36 AM
Get gud at support. Don't sacrifice the whole game because you don't want/know how to play botlane. Pay attention to your positioning, and avoid using Thresh and Soraka when you are first starting out. Use safer and stronger supports like lulu or Taric (assuming he's still good after patch) until you get used to the dynamics of bot. Ask yourself why are you dying so much, is it because of excess ganking? If so then ward. Is it because you get killed by the enemy duo? You probably are positioning too far forward, or taking unneeded damage.
---
Currently Playing- LoL (Walkerboh64), Dota 2 (Melkyor)
#4xMrShadowPosted 3/1/2013 9:21:40 AM
Well a common mistake I see supports doing is focusing on the enemy team supports. Ex. If you are playing thresh don't waste your Qs on the support. You gotta land them on the ADC because they are the ones dealing the damage. When the support is all that's left they won't be able to save themselves.

Next, you have to focus on protecting the carry. If you can save the carry by giving up your own life to slow the enemy team down then do it instead of giving them a double kill. (That's if you know for sure you are both screwed)

Don't worry about feeding. As long as you aren't taking any kills then you are worth less money. Of course this isn't license to charge in recklessly.
---
3DS Friend Code - 4811-6938-3649 Pkmn Black 2 2452-2591-2605 NID - Mr.Shadow
PSN/XBL - xMrShadowZ
#5happyscrub1Posted 3/1/2013 9:23:02 AM
People who say they suck at support, I don't trust at in any other role but jungle
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#6MetleonPosted 3/1/2013 9:24:03 AM
Play Taric and Nunu. They're both easy like Soraka but have much more impact on the game. Haven't tried Taric this patch but he should still be a good support and Nunu is still good after the nerf.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#7happyscrub1Posted 3/1/2013 9:27:22 AM
xMrShadow posted...
Well a common mistake I see supports doing is focusing on the enemy team supports. .

That's a safe rule to follow but not always the best.

1. Early lvls, supports do the same damage as the ADCs... and even more burst damage. Doesn't matter who you focus then.

2. Supports like soraka and sona can get blown up fast if you have alot of burst. Plus it gets rid of their buff+heal spell if you CC them. If you CC their ADC, the ADC will get healed and armor buff soaking alot of it.

3. If you got heals and against supports like blitz or leona, you lay down some damage when they miss CC

4. When you play support leona or leblanc, EVERYONE DIES!!!!

Just some examples.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#8RihawfPosted 3/1/2013 9:33:23 AM
Just a tip against Blitzcrank players.
You can be against their face, if you don't move in a straight line you win.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#9MTRDrunkardPosted 3/1/2013 9:42:26 AM
A support needs a good AD.

Firstly practice the champion against bots (5 vs bots).

Once you know the strenghs and weakness of the support.

There are different ways of playing a support from just protect the AD by shielding and healing or assisting in getting kills which Kayle and Blitz.

Just naming a few.

Leono & Taric take the fight away from the AD with health and resistances.

Sona, Karma, Kayle, Taric, Soraka & Nami can heal

Janna, Thresh & Karma can shield.

Blitz and Thresh can pull targets.

Pratice make perfect.
#10TyrekeEvans13Posted 3/1/2013 10:07:23 AM
Just do support Kayle

ezpz
---
The King of Kings
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9971/744sptp062727c1tyrekeem.jpg