Vayne should be rescaled

#11Hyper InfernoPosted 3/1/2013 11:58:31 AM
You need to target the same person 3 times for Silver Bolts to go off. I think that's a worthy power balance to it.

Other ranged AS reducers:
Anyone with Warden's Mail/Randuin's Omen/Frozen Heart
Gragas's barrel
Anivia's ultimate
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#12FlameLord23Posted 3/1/2013 12:09:04 PM
that's called being counterpicked.

Also:
Ice Blast
Wither
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#13HibyehiPosted 3/1/2013 12:59:12 PM
I personally have a better time early game with Vayne. Especially getting first blood, because everyone rushes the bush in bot, if you ward it and knock them into the wall and stun them, the support can CC them(I ask for CC supports) and i ignite and shoot them down. Helps for easy snowball.
---
why does everyone always underestimate mickey?
Who does this? He's like the Yoda of KH, when his ass shows up you better check yo self. - DrunkBeardGuy
#14Mogu_MoguPosted 3/1/2013 1:25:52 PM
Vayne, Vayne, Vayne...
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#15Rookie_Jet(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 1:28:00 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
that's called being counterpicked.

Also:
Ice Blast
Wither

Already addressed these...

Hyper Inferno posted...
You need to target the same person 3 times for Silver Bolts to go off. I think that's a worthy power balance to it.

Other ranged AS reducers:
Anyone with Warden's Mail/Randuin's Omen/Frozen Heart
Gragas's barrel
Anivia's ultimate

Yes, those exist, but most of the ones you have listed reduce AS by piddly amounts 20% or so as I mentioned earlier. Also, WM and RO don't do anything unless you're attacking that person with it. Even then, there it's only a % chance for the debuff, not a sure thing.

Ice blast and Nunu's ult are decent, but really wither and exhaust are the only things that considerably hinder her damage and you have cleanse/QSS/Mercurial Scimitar to deal with at least one of them. God help you if Vayne has Nunu on her team. Blood boil completely negates those piddly ones like RO/WM/FH and then some.
#16xRustySpoonPosted 3/1/2013 1:28:19 PM
Why do people complain about Vayne's Silver Bolts so much?

It's not even the best part about her kit.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#17Rookie_Jet(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 1:30:42 PM
xRustySpoon posted...

Because while the rest of her kit is really good, it's the damage from W that makes her so scary. The rest of it just makes her tough to lock-down.
#18xRustySpoonPosted 3/1/2013 1:37:44 PM
xRustySpoon posted...

it's the damage from W that makes her so scary.

Not really. Anyone who understands anything knows that her low cooldown repositioning ability coupled with temporary invis is what makes Vayne Vayne. Yea W is good, but it's not her most redeeming quality.

Vayne is fine at the moment. No need to "rescale" her or tone her down.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#19Hyper InfernoPosted 3/1/2013 2:38:12 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...

Yes, those exist, but most of the ones you have listed reduce AS by piddly amounts 20% or so as I mentioned earlier. Also, WM and RO don't do anything unless you're attacking that person with it. Even then, there it's only a % chance for the debuff, not a sure thing.

Ice blast and Nunu's ult are decent, but really wither and exhaust are the only things that considerably hinder her damage and you have cleanse/QSS/Mercurial Scimitar to deal with at least one of them. God help you if Vayne has Nunu on her team. Blood boil completely negates those piddly ones like RO/WM/FH and then some.

WM and RO are guaranteed now. They always reduce the AS when the person holding it as attacked.

Plus, AS debuffs in general are multiplicative, not additive. A 20% AS slow has a much larger effect than a 20% AS buff. If Vayne has 2.0 AS, a 20% AS debuff brings that down to 1.6 AS. On the other hand, a 20% AS buff only increases her AS by about .13. It's a pretty significant difference.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#20Rookie_Jet(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:58:18 AM
Hyper Inferno posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...

WM and RO are guaranteed now. They always reduce the AS when the person holding it as attacked.

Plus, AS debuffs in general are multiplicative, not additive. A 20% AS slow has a much larger effect than a 20% AS buff. If Vayne has 2.0 AS, a 20% AS debuff brings that down to 1.6 AS. On the other hand, a 20% AS buff only increases her AS by about .13. It's a pretty significant difference.

Good point. It still doesn't seem like enough to me, but it looks like I'm on the losing side of this argument :-(