Any reason you don't see Janna mid?

#1Soldier3rdClassPosted 3/1/2013 6:48:44 PM
Just got through with a match where I got random locked as Janna with ap runes/masteries because I was having issues with my client. Anyway so we get into the game and Akali mid disconnects instantly and I end up having to take over mid. So now we have a top, a mid, and 2 bot and no jungler.

Anyway I've never played Janna before but instantly I take not that her tornado is nearly taking out entire waves after only a few levels into the game and chucking the enemy mid for a good portion of their health. I do think I was fortunate enough to be facing a wukong but still I'd like to try it out again.

So basically I just push my lane hard and yet jungle (Mundo) can't do anything because of my shield and natural move speed. So I basically just push lane and go bot lane and get ashe some kills.

When I joined teamfights we literally became near unstoppable. They couldn't dive us because they're afraid of the tornadoes I might have coming up that chuck them for a good portion of health since I went full ap and when they do I easily just shield who they focus with a massive shield and ult anything like Vi from sticking to any of us.

So yeah while I didn't get too many kills I practically made quinn top and our adc ashe invincible while still chucking tornadoes and w's for near kills.

Why don't you see that many Janna mids? She seems so strong in the mid lane.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#2shingo fanPosted 3/1/2013 6:56:06 PM
IIRC, Janna mid actually was a thing some time ago. Don't know what happened, though.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#3VentonPosted 3/1/2013 6:56:09 PM
She can work pretty well in some comps, but she cant really blow somebody up like popular mids like ahri, khaz, akali, etc
---
Starcraft 2 - KannedTuna.820 - Masters Zerg
LoL: Kanshuna
#4BenaldricPosted 3/1/2013 6:56:33 PM
people used to play her as a mid but they nerfed her ratios then she fell out as a mid laner
---
Pokemon D code: 2149 5920 7371 name: Sky
AC:CF Code 4597 4684 3513 oakvale,Ben
#5Solid_Acid12Posted 3/1/2013 7:04:37 PM
My friend used her recently as a mid and stomped a Katarina. That shield and ult are great when building AP.
---
I'm the bad guy? When did this happen?
#6Ultoman2Posted 3/1/2013 7:13:40 PM
Venton posted...
She can work pretty well in some comps, but she cant really blow somebody up like popular mids like ahri, khaz, akali, etc

Ironic pun has not been mentioned.
It needs more obvious pointing out.

+1
---
History is only as accurate as the Author of the Book.
#7xVashTS98xPosted 3/1/2013 7:17:49 PM
Zekent plays Janna mid still. So do I! :D
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#8AC_DragonfirePosted 3/1/2013 7:31:07 PM
Benaldric posted...
people used to play her as a mid but they nerfed her ratios then she fell out as a mid laner

This. Yeah, they have nerfed all AP ratios on supports because they want to keep support damage as low as possible.
#9happyscrub1Posted 3/1/2013 7:32:26 PM
She's like aniva. Just use one spell to clear a wave and walk away for 15 mins.... unless you are having to turtle. Then she'll do it for 60 mins lol.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#10Soldier3rdClass(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 8:36:21 PM
Well if her ap ratios used to be higher then I can imagine her just wrecking lanes before that nerf.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD