things from dota 2 that you wish were in league of legends?

#1thedarklordx3Posted 3/1/2013 8:26:56 PM
simple topic, what is in dota 2 that you wish was in league?

I'd say the graphics and animations(not dota 2's god awful worthless UI though)

I can't say much else, because the only other things I'd want would only serve to make league's champions, items and abilities less unique

what do you guys want in league from dota?
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#2shingo fanPosted 3/1/2013 8:28:12 PM
Customizable item recommendations, mostly.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#3myg0t_stkPosted 3/1/2013 8:28:28 PM
pls go back to the dota 2 board where you belong
---
ezreal is my waifu
#4thebestestbestPosted 3/1/2013 8:31:27 PM
TP scrolls

Heros with unique movesets instead of a handful of archetypes with minor differences

Denying

Pet heros
#5shrimp1992Posted 3/1/2013 8:32:41 PM
built in voice chat.
---
Falcons record 11-1
#6Majoras_pantsPosted 3/1/2013 8:34:27 PM
shingo fan posted...
Customizable item recommendations, mostly.

There's a program that let's you do just that.Extremely handy.Enigma's Item Changer
#7EDumeyPosted 3/1/2013 8:35:10 PM
Eh.

I think most people would say that the prefer League's graphics. It's not really a technical thing, but an aesthetic. Everyone that I've showed DotA to has been completely confused about what was going on, because a lot of everything just blended into murky colors and the such. Details are there, but really not that clear. Compare that to the crisp and colorful League where you can very easily see everything that is going on, and you see why LoL is more user-friendly to watch or play. Even if DotA 2 technically has better graphics.

Only thing I've really liked about DotA is the Str/Int/Agi system. Again, LoL has a simpler, somewhat more intuitive system of "build damage to do damage, build ability power to boost abilities." it's all clear cut. In DotA you can build your Str and get damage AND health. Agi gives armor plus attack speed plus damage, etc. A bit more depth to the system. And then you can build straight damage on top of that? There's just a ton more item variety, which is really cool.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#8PolarbarrePosted 3/1/2013 8:35:26 PM
custom game options
#9DartkunPosted 3/1/2013 8:37:22 PM(edited)
Without TP Scrolls or Boots of Travel, LoL feels REALLY slow compared to DotA2.

I know it's not really balanced around it. But after playing Tinker with Boots of Travel you have no idea how slow LoL feels.

(To explain: Boots of Travel allow you to teleport to any friendly structure or minion, including creeps. It has a decently long cooldon. However Tinker's ultimate allows him to reduce the cooldown of all of your skills to zero including items at the cost of a lot of mana. However the ultimate has a short cooldown. This means you can teleport anywhere, reset the cooldown do whatever you want there, then teleport back to fountain and get the mana back. Rinse and repeat. You can splitpush a lane, then be back to fountain, then ANYWHERE you want really easily.

It feels amazing when you pull it off.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#10thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 8:39:39 PM(edited)
thebestestbest posted...
TP scrolls
don't we already have recall and a summoner spell for those purposes?

Heros with unique movesets instead of a handful of archetypes with minor differences

not "minor" differences, but I can see what you mean, some of the things in dota would absolutely wreck balance in this game though

Denying

oh dear god

Pet heros cool

shrimp1992 posted...
built in voice chat.

yes, as it stands you can only chat with people you have on skype or vent, not with any new people you meet
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add