The IP system is dumb.

#1tristin809Posted 3/1/2013 11:17:23 PM
Takes so damn long to get champs over 3k. Not even including runes which are nearly essential to gameplay which take even longer. *Sigh* /blogfaqs
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)
#2zeppelin312Posted 3/1/2013 11:19:48 PM
the ip system is why you have the option to never pay any money to play this game
#3DartkunPosted 3/1/2013 11:21:29 PM
150 Ip for a daily win. Around another 150 for the win.

300 per day, 21 days for a new champion. And that's with only playing a single game a day.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#4mrmonstrPosted 3/1/2013 11:22:16 PM
Riot didn't want to force players to pay money.
The IP system is made to encourage the buying of RP.
---
LoL (EU West): mrmonstr
#5Flame_HazardPosted 3/1/2013 11:23:16 PM
mrmonstr posted...

Speaking from experience - it's super effective.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#6UnderwaterAirPosted 3/1/2013 11:25:16 PM
150 Ip for a daily win. Around another 150 for the win.

300 per day, 21 days for a new champion. And that's with only playing a single game a day.

^This. If you play even moderately a bit of League it's relatively easy to afford a new 6300 IP champion every two weeks.
1 first win for 14 days = 1400 IP
5 games = ~70 IP each
14 days * of five games each + 1400 first win IP games = 6300 IP.

VS ai game = 20 minutes. Five games a day = ~3 hours + the first win vs AI if you want = 3.5 hours a day.

I know many people spend more than that playing games and more than that surfing youtube, 9gag, twitter, reddit, gamefaqs, facebook, etc a day. Focus your efforts. It's not hard or difficult at all.

And you can do much more if you include the weekends.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#7DartkunPosted 3/1/2013 11:26:47 PM
Yeah, of course it's a method for getting people to buy RP. But it's not unreasonable.

I played Tribes:Ascend where an item that was essential to a class (Land Mines for Doombringer if you're curious) was 100,000 EXP. You gained about 500-1,500 EXP for a match that could last like 10-15 minutes.

And that game has no free rotation, you started with 3 classes and zero alternative gear. You had to spend CRAZY amounts of time just getting a class to a usable state.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#8TomorrowDogPosted 3/1/2013 11:28:00 PM
If they were going to make unlocking champions easy then they might as well have the whole roster unlocked. Putting a decent investment in to unlocking most champions is kind of part of the fun of it, makes you agonize over your decisions a bit.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9mrmonstrPosted 3/1/2013 11:30:05 PM
Flame_Hazard posted...
mrmonstr posted...

Speaking from experience - it's super effective.

- A wild mrmonstr appeared
- Riot used IP System
- it's not very effective

;) Never bought any RP (yet)
---
LoL (EU West): mrmonstr
#10Tactician_LordPosted 3/1/2013 11:39:07 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
If they were going to make unlocking champions easy then they might as well have the whole roster unlocked. Putting a decent investment in to unlocking most champions is kind of part of the fun of it, makes you agonize over your decisions a bit.

I don`t like to agonize over which champion to get.

When I started playing: "Do I buy Nami, Rengar, Khazix, Vladimir, Cass, Zyra, Elise, Volibear...omg, I want so many!"

Thankfully my brother and I work and have money to spend without a care in the world (not that much, but we can spend without worrying too much), so we bought a few RP cards and unlocked those champions. Yay!
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.