The IP system is dumb.

#31Last_matterPosted 3/2/2013 9:39:14 AM
04Dark posted...
Right now I have 19000 IP. Level 28. I only own like 8 champions, 3 of which were free(Alistar, Morgana, Trist).
It is called taking advantage of the free rotation. I could buy a **** ton of champions right now. But I don't. Because I use the free champions.
If there is a champion that I see and like enough to buy, I will buy them. But otherwise, I just use the free ones.
There is no need to ***** about the IP system when Riot gives you 10 champions to use every week. And that is very generous of them.
I swear, gamers feel so entitled. If you don't like the IP systyem go spend your parent's money on RP.

You can't play ranked with free champion and even if you could at higher level of play you need to be experienced with a champion to play on par. Not to mention you need to own at least 14 champions to do ranked and you need a good 20000 ip worth of runes.

Basicallly free week champion only apply to coop and normal which nobody takes seriously.
---
That was a fail, an epic fail.. - Guy Cecil
#32FlameLord23Posted 3/2/2013 9:50:27 AM
Last_matter posted...
04Dark posted...
Right now I have 19000 IP. Level 28. I only own like 8 champions, 3 of which were free(Alistar, Morgana, Trist).
It is called taking advantage of the free rotation. I could buy a **** ton of champions right now. But I don't. Because I use the free champions.
If there is a champion that I see and like enough to buy, I will buy them. But otherwise, I just use the free ones.
There is no need to ***** about the IP system when Riot gives you 10 champions to use every week. And that is very generous of them.
I swear, gamers feel so entitled. If you don't like the IP systyem go spend your parent's money on RP.

You can't play ranked with free champion and even if you could at higher level of play you need to be experienced with a champion to play on par. Not to mention you need to own at least 14 champions to do ranked and you need a good 20000 ip worth of runes.

Basicallly free week champion only apply to coop and normal which nobody takes seriously.

Nah free week champs are to get you to try out a champion and want to buy them now, because they're 6300 and you just bought a champion you spent a month saving for with IP, but this new one promises to be the best champion ever.

It is what allows people to start playing this game effectively at low levels, but don't even think marketing doesn't go into the decisions of what champs are free.
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#33naomooPosted 3/2/2013 10:01:13 AM
SupahJem posted...
Your theory is very flawed for anyone who wants to be above Bronze 5 in their League experience.

How are they going to afford runepages if they only have enough for the new champ in theory once a month or so? Runepages + Runes arent cheap. And typically you'd LIKE to have at worst 3 rune pages before entering ranked, although you can get away at lower leagues with just running an ADC and APC rune page. Better hope for a damn good smiteless if youre gonna jungle with carry runes.

Not to mention if they want to have 40+ champs.

Realistically, unless you no life this game, you'll need to spend RP or youll be missing out on things you want. And that is why they dont want you to be able to get 2k IP a day or so -- Because then people would just farm IP and never spend money on League.

I personally am a person who is in Silver 1 and have never spent a dime of real money on League. And I only have 40 champions and 3 runepages. I just refunded Vi so i could get Quinn.

nope you can just utilize the RAF program get 250 per referral thats what I did easiest 25k+ IP <u>ever for doing nothing (in my experience) </u> as well as 10k+ RP. Still have 5k RP leftover cause I dont buy champs with RP and only buy skins on sale but lately the skins i dont care for too much cause I can customize the champion select icons, splashes, etc

the drawback I guess is I dont see much reason to play this game as much anymore. Not really a fan of spend 100s of hours ( that will never come back) to unlock the entire roster through games only to realistically use like a fifth of them cause I enjoy those.

outside of the live servers 3 PBE accounts with everything unlocked so that allows me to look at what do I really want to use my IP for on my Live account
#34failure_turtlePosted 3/2/2013 10:04:17 AM
UnderwaterAir posted...
150 Ip for a daily win. Around another 150 for the win.

300 per day, 21 days for a new champion. And that's with only playing a single game a day.

^This. If you play even moderately a bit of League it's relatively easy to afford a new 6300 IP champion every two weeks.
1 first win for 14 days = 1400 IP
5 games = ~70 IP each
14 days * of five games each + 1400 first win IP games = 6300 IP.

VS ai game = 20 minutes. Five games a day = ~3 hours + the first win vs AI if you want = 3.5 hours a day.

I know many people spend more than that playing games and more than that surfing youtube, 9gag, twitter, reddit, gamefaqs, facebook, etc a day. Focus your efforts. It's not hard or difficult at all.

And you can do much more if you include the weekends.

3 and a half hours playing video games a day....

So this is for people without jobs, or social lives.
---
Be yonce.
#35oomhansPosted 3/2/2013 10:22:04 AM
Don't spend your money on useless ****. That way, you get 10k IP in no time.
---
Nothing to see here, move along.
#36tristin809(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 11:18:34 AM
Dartkun posted...
tristin809 posted...

2 weeks to buy one character in a game with over 100. And that's considering you play everyday. I like other games, like fighting games, which require a lot of time and effort. But when I get on this game it's like,"Man I wanna use a new champ, that's gonna be great two weeks from now!"

Then go play DotA. All the champions are unlocked off the bat and you can get a free beta key easily.

My computer can't run Dota all that well, and most of my friends prefer LoL.

04Dark posted...

But the point is is that I don't want to spend money on this game, have you read any posts in the thread?

chaoslordisgood posted...
zeppelin312 posted...
the ip system is why you have the option to never pay any money to play this game

Dota 2

This for Christ's sake. Riot could just release more skins, make money off of that, and the characters could be free. Then use the current IP system for buying runes.

I never understood that,"I feel great because I worked for my champion." Yeah, I'm playing this game for the GAME. Not to unlock champs and think to myself,"Wow, that was so much fun!"
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)
#37Sid_IcarusPosted 3/2/2013 11:26:57 AM
Wow the TC is dense
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#38tristin809(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 12:35:12 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...
Wow the TC is dense

Continue being a sheep to riot.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)
#39Sid_IcarusPosted 3/2/2013 12:50:55 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...
Wow the TC is dense

Continue being a sheep to riot.

I love it when unintelligent people make baseless assumptions
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#40EDumeyPosted 3/2/2013 12:55:19 PM
UnderwaterAir posted...
150 Ip for a daily win. Around another 150 for the win.

300 per day, 21 days for a new champion. And that's with only playing a single game a day.

^This. If you play even moderately a bit of League it's relatively easy to afford a new 6300 IP champion every two weeks.
1 first win for 14 days = 1400 IP
5 games = ~70 IP each
14 days * of five games each + 1400 first win IP games = 6300 IP.

VS ai game = 20 minutes. Five games a day = ~3 hours + the first win vs AI if you want = 3.5 hours a day.

I know many people spend more than that playing games and more than that surfing youtube, 9gag, twitter, reddit, gamefaqs, facebook, etc a day. Focus your efforts. It's not hard or difficult at all.

And you can do much more if you include the weekends.

3 and a half hours playing video games a day....

So this is for people without jobs, or social lives.

If you really don't have even 3 1/2 hours of free time to yourself a day, you may need to rework your schedule. It's actually somewhat unhealthy.

Now, not saying that you should use those hours EVERY day on League specifically, as that would be unhealthy as well. Need ways to use that time for other hobbies and things as well. But to say that people who DO choose to spend their free time in such a way have no jobs or social lives is pure ignorance.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg