Bruiser Quinn top > ADC Quinn.

#1SupahJemPosted 3/2/2013 5:57:48 AM(edited)
I think Quinn relies on her support a lot more than the average ADC does. You need the good chemistry and typically a champion who can grant you sustain because champs like Cait will poke you out of lane. Or you can go for a big kill lane, Quinn is especially good at chunking down supports like Sona. Her E automaticaly places the damage enhancing target on her, so vault into auto into q and you've taken a pre-6 sona down to 1/5 HP or so. And you can chunk an ADC fairly well if you get a good thresh pull or stun or something.

But Bruiser top Quinn.. She's perfect for top lane.

Ranged autos -- Instant plus on top lane.

AS steroid that acts as a mini clairvoyance -- check.

Chasing option /semi treat-kite option -- check.

Chasing ult/escaping ult -- check.

Biggest flaw in top lane is the no stun that you'd love if youre a jungler and want to double stun top lane.

She can melt fellow Bruisers too and melt carries and take a beating. And has the potential for big multi-kills (Already got a Penta as top lane Quinn)

I like to go attack sword + 2 pots, try to back around 800-900 gold, finish the vamp, get boots more pots and a ward. Then rush Blade of the Ruined King, then Brutalizer or finish your boots, your choice. Then you can finish boots up to you. Get Bloodthirster, finish Cleaver, get Warmogs, get Frozen Mallet. You are now super beefy and can melt whoever you want. Your biggest fear should be if you do pass on the defensive start, despite having W you can still be ganked early if its a lane and jungler that can double stun you. But if youre feeling like it can be coming by the way the top laner is playing it, W near the bush and try to see in the river bush and towards baron or towards tri bush if youre the other side.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#2ERLiNoPosted 3/2/2013 5:58:14 AM
I dont know why you made such a big post when pre release everyone was already saying her kit was perfect for bruiser top and everyone predicted her to be bruiser top instead of adc.
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#3DeanyzyPosted 3/2/2013 6:00:27 AM
She's a lot safer in the top lane then she is bot lane. She reminds me of Teemo when his Bruiser AD build was all the rage.
#4SupahJem(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 6:12:48 AM
I didnt pretend to be revolutionary. I didnt know her auto range, I dont do research or play on test realms. So confirming myself, her Auto range is close to Vaynes which isnt that great for bot lane, but when you consider the top lane meta is singed/jax/elise/jayce/nidalee/zed/etc, thats a great auto range.

I was sharing my build that I've had success with. You should have over 200+ AD by your final build and 4000~ HP at level 18 with the final build, plus the armor pen of Cleaver and the HP shred for BOTRK.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#5PolarbarrePosted 3/2/2013 7:05:24 AM
SupahJem posted...
I didnt pretend to be revolutionary. I didnt know her auto range, I dont do research or play on test realms. So confirming myself, her Auto range is close to Vaynes which isnt that great for bot lane, but when you consider the top lane meta is singed/jax/elise/jayce/nidalee/zed/etc, thats a great auto range.

I was sharing my build that I've had success with. You should have over 200+ AD by your final build and 4000~ HP at level 18 with the final build, plus the armor pen of Cleaver and the HP shred for BOTRK.

Vayne's autorange is 550 which is the standard for most ADCs. Quinn's is 525 which is on par with Graves and more than Kog'Maw and Sivir.

Also as much as people seem to think otherwise, Quinn can have some serious problems against people with gap closers despite having her E.
#6LithspPosted 3/2/2013 7:10:48 AM
Yeah, most people expected her to wind up as a top rather than an ADC.

I'm starting to notice a few more Vaynes going top too as of late, starting to wonder whether there is a slight shift in peoples perceptions of a top laner, or if it's just coincidence.

I'm finding Quinn to be really fun to play, bruiser or adc, to be honest.
---
[]Signature[]
#7The-World-SevenPosted 3/2/2013 7:16:08 AM
Lithsp posted...
Yeah, most people expected her to wind up as a top rather than an ADC.

I'm starting to notice a few more Vaynes going top too as of late, starting to wonder whether there is a slight shift in peoples perceptions of a top laner, or if it's just coincidence.

I'm finding Quinn to be really fun to play, bruiser or adc, to be honest.

there's going to be a lot of perception shifting this season, because of the S3 changes.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#8Shadow EdgePosted 3/2/2013 7:30:57 AM
Vayne has always been a capable top laner because of her mobility and peel. The problem was that she burns her mana to accomplish those. The buffs to her mana pool Q's mana cost helps her.
---
ns
#9berserksPosted 3/2/2013 1:56:26 PM
"Also as much as people seem to think otherwise, Quinn can have some serious problems against people with gap closers despite having her E."

Ya biggest reason why new Quinn players get destroyed their first few games .

More useful against those running away from you 9 thx to the slow it inflicts ) then anything else ( unless you use it on a minion or a champ that is between you and the one you re trying to escape from ) .
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
#10EcchiBakaPosted 3/2/2013 2:08:36 PM
I'd rather keep playing her at bot.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png