why is there a surrender option again?

#21Viewtiful_JonPosted 3/2/2013 3:48:30 PM
The surrender button is there for the games when the enemy bot lane gets first blood and, your mid and adc both say GG and stop trying to win. When people stop trying you lose the game and a large amount of people will stop trying, even when just a few kills down.
#22Evil_Evil_Evil_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:53:28 PM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
Why exactly are you only letting it be "competitive" comebacks when surrender exists outside of competitive play?

because people look up to the competitive scene and copy them. then again, i knew you wouldn't have an example because comebacks are nonexistent.

Viewtiful_Jon posted...
The surrender button is there for the games when the enemy bot lane gets first blood and, your mid and adc both say GG and stop trying to win. When people stop trying you lose the game and a large amount of people will stop trying, even when just a few kills down.

you know why they stop trying? because comebacks are nonexistent.
#23Lord SojiroPosted 3/2/2013 4:04:00 PM(edited)
Surrender.

Yes - I only care about winning and we are losing, nothing else matters.

No - I want to get better at this game and playing in this situation can teach me things.

Situational - Every lane fed so massively hard that we can't leave base without getting destroyed. There is nothing we can possibly learn from playing any longer, nor do we stand a chance of winning.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#24TheDarkNerdPosted 3/2/2013 4:46:00 PM
you know why they stop trying? because comebacks are nonexistent.

Winning after the enemy bot lane gets first blood isn't even so much a "comeback".
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#25BlackBeetleborgPosted 3/2/2013 4:51:31 PM
P00DGE posted...
BlackBeetleborg posted...
The surrender option is for weak-minded people who give up at the first sight of any disadvantage.

Not surrendering a clearly lost game is for stubborn headed morons that think they are better than everyone else when they really aren't.

It's not at all about being better than anyone. It's about trying my hardest through thick and thin. I don't sit there and blame my team for the loss, I say "C'mon let's go guys. We can still win it!"
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#26DogmanwalkingPosted 3/2/2013 6:00:03 PM
Surrender is how non english speakers piss me off when we're down by a measely 5 kills, ahead on CS and with Dragon as well as doing ok in team fights, surrendering when the game is even after speaking in squares to each other for 3 minutes. I know it sounds racist, but situations like that happen all to commonly with me.
#27HyperShadow4321Posted 3/2/2013 6:07:39 PM
I'll surrender under particular conditions, usually if there's very little chance of success. For example...

If the score is significantly out of our favor, but our team's levels are more or less equal, then I'll hold on.

If we're losing badly AND the entire enemy team is 2+ levels higher than our entire team, then I'll often throw in the towel. You can deal with one overly fed champion by focusing him and using good teamwork; however, dealing with a completely fed team is a different story.

Usually if there's just about any hope that we could still win, I'll hold on. I've played several games where people were calling "surrender at 20", sometimes even initiating a surrender but failing... and then by the end of the game we end up winning. Even if you have a turret disadvantage and kill ratio disadvantage, Baron can still turn the tables. One time we were playing a losing game and my friend stole Baron with Lux's ultimate, and we ended up sweeping through their middle lane up to the Nexus in one hard push.
#28AgentRebornPosted 3/2/2013 6:12:44 PM
Not surrendering an unwinnable game should be a bannable offense
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#29Evil_Evil_Evil_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 7:27:08 PM
AgentReborn posted...
Not surrendering an unwinnable game should be a bannable offense

surrendering a winnable game should be ban worthy
#30AgentRebornPosted 3/2/2013 8:50:23 PM
Most games are actually decided by like the 25 minute mark, easy.

For every 1 game that is thrown, 99 are over and stalling the game out on the extreme off chance they do throw is a complete waste
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif