POLL:how do you feel about surrendering?

#1thedarklordx3Posted 3/2/2013 1:40:02 PM(edited)
how do you feel about surrendering? - Results (266 votes)
why would I surrender? all I do is win, win, win no matter what
3.38% (9 votes)
I never ever ever EVER surrender! spartans fight to the death!
9.4% (25 votes)
I only surrender when I'm 100% sure the game is lost and hate it when people /surrender early
47.37% (126 votes)
it's very situational for me(and I'd hope it'd be for everyone else)
27.44% (73 votes)
once we get more than 1 or 2 turrets behind or more than 3-5 kills I surrender
1.88% (5 votes)
I surrender at 20 whenever we're even slightly behind because comebacks don't exist
0.75% (2 votes)
same as above, except I flame my team mates and leave when I lose the vote 1/4
0% (0 votes)
same as 5 or 6 but I blame my team, even if I'm the worst score/player on it or otherwise the cause
1.5% (4 votes)
I decide "surrender at 20" 1 minute in when the other team gets first blood and hate when people DON'T surrender
6.39% (17 votes)
other(post what in the thread)
1.88% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
(TL;DR AT THE BOTTOM!)

As the very well thought out, and long to type poll above asks, how do you feel about surrendering?

Are you one of those surrender at 20 people when the score is 20/16?

Or are you one of those "never surrender even at 45 minutes when they're up 30 kills, 2 players and 5 or 6 towers, WE CAN STILL DO THIS!" people?

personally, I hate to surrender, ya never know when you're going to pull a surprise comeback

(TL;DR AT THE BOTTOM!)

kind of like that game where I jungled for the first time as Jax(horrible idea, wouldn't reccomend it), I didn't know what I was doing and was lvl 6 when my team was between 10 and 12,

(fun fact: my silver league friend claims that jungling as jax is possible, and that I'm just really, really bad at it... I doubt the former but not the latter)

aaanyway, I got out of the jungle, got massive amounts of farm in lane, meanwhile my team was trying not to have us lose when they started pushing us,

in the end I got 150ish more farm and leveled up to the level of my comrades got further into my build, and started to smash the enemy team(all jax does is win, win, win read the lore) and then somehow, we pushed and won(despite my horrible score of 5/11/4, but again my early game was wrecked due to my inability to jungle and my team mates telling me that you can jungle as jax

we f***ing won, when all said that we were going to lose, and most people would've surrendered

(TL;DR: you ever seen that "I'm the juggernaut b****" youtube video(the dota 2 one, not the xmen parody), imagine that but in league and with jax and a far worse score)

but aaaanyway

point is, never surrender, comebacks are possible, nothing is impossible ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

what do you guys think?

---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#2DartkunPosted 3/2/2013 1:42:58 PM(edited)
The only reason people don't want to surrender is because they are too stupid to know when a game is over.

When you are behind, you can still win. However, if you are behind and your team has no ability to gain advantages off opportunities, and you can see that. Then the game is over.

Ala, lucky ace -> team goes all B or farms the jungle then goes B. Enemy rezs and gets Baron while your team is scattered. If you're too stupid to understand that would happen. No amount of aces will get you a win.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#3EDumeyPosted 3/2/2013 1:42:54 PM
I always feel bad about surrendering, because I have definitely had those come back games. Sometimes coming back with all three inhibs down against a team that we hadn't taken any turrets off of.

But generally I can tell when the game is a lost cause, and I'd rather just move on to the next game. It always bugs me when people have the NEVER SURRENDER mentality when it's kinda just a waste of time.

Though I do contradict myself, because if the enemy is in base and about to take nexus, I'll vote no to a surrender vote just to allow the enemy team the actual satisfaction of winning out. Does nothing but waste my time, but I feel it's the courteous thing to do, as I like to finish out my games when I've stomped.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#4mantana888Posted 3/2/2013 1:42:56 PM
I think surrendering is fine in this game.

I don't want it in Dota 2 though.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#5BlackScythe0Posted 3/2/2013 1:43:03 PM
I didn't feel any of those options fit the situation I surrender.

I personally surrender when I'm no longer having fun. It's typically matches where I die every time I head to a lane, especially when the enemy attempts to rub it in, or when my team mates are trolling.
#6kirbymuncherPosted 3/2/2013 1:44:50 PM
Dartkun posted...
When you are behind, you can still win. However, if you are behind and your team has no ability to gain advantages off opportunities, and you can see that. Then the game is over.

I think this describes it pretty well, but it's also important what the rest of your team is thinking.

If you're behind, but everyone is still fighting and battles are pretty close, even though you're missing 2 inhibs, you might still win so I wouldn't surrender that. If, however, the situation is the same (or maybe even better) but you have 1 guy running around drawing ward art and another constantly telling the other team about how his team is terrible and he'd wish they just surrender already, well... that game is pretty hopeless
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#7TheSchrefPosted 3/2/2013 1:45:14 PM
I'll surrender when I'm 100% sure the game is lost, UNLESS one of my teammates is being a complete douche. Then I won't surrender.
#8kirbymuncherPosted 3/2/2013 1:47:18 PM
EDumey posted...
Though I do contradict myself, because if the enemy is in base and about to take nexus, I'll vote no to a surrender vote just to allow the enemy team the actual satisfaction of winning out

I hate people who do this so much

if the enemy is in your base and there's a surrender vote going on, don't press no. Wait until they're right about to destroy the nexus, vote yes, and get the double explosion :P
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#9mD_atheistPosted 3/2/2013 1:49:40 PM
Dartkun posted...
The only reason people don't want to surrender is because they are too stupid to know when a game is over.

Ala, lucky ace -> team goes all B or farms the jungle then goes B. Enemy rezs and gets Baron while your team is scattered. If you're too stupid to understand that would happen. No amount of aces will get you a win.

Pretty much this, I cant stand when my team aces the opposing team and thinks they have to b for items, when I was new I was like this but I got over this habit.

You dont need to have all your gold spent at all times.
---
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
- via the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams
#10metallicabandPosted 3/2/2013 1:53:01 PM
I never surrender when I'm with decent players, I only do so when there's several AFK and the rest are idiots. Of course with those idiots they will never surrender because they want to feed the enemy some moar.
---
MGS3 Foxhound No Equipment - No Camouflage 1:38:45 Speedrun:
http://www.youtube.com/metallicaband