If the game starts and there is a person that is AFK/DC

#1AStrawhatPiratePosted 3/2/2013 1:58:45 PM(edited)
Why doesnt the game just end in at the 5 minute mark? Giving all players a loss forgiven and an instant ban from ranked for 24 and from normals for 2hours to the perpetrator(s).

Really what is the problem with this idea? If you start a game then have to leave or something or your internet is bad then you shouldnt be starting a game anyway.

Ofc this wont stop the problem completely, ppl would still RQ and go afk 10 mins in, but they would still just get reported in the end.

It just seems funny to me that Riot is so big on "removing and punishing toxic players" yet the only thing they want ppl to do is play nice together and never say a mean thing. What about the afkers and d/cs? These people are far more game changing than a rager. A rager just rages at you if you are losing, mute him and guess what? He has no choice but to either RQ or calm down and play.

AFKers and DC's are the cause of 90% of my unenjoyable times playing this game, yet "using curse words" is by far the bigger offense in Riots eyes.
---
LoL: Stank Dangerous
#2DarthPenguin111Posted 3/2/2013 2:02:34 PM
Eh, just the "what if's?" that keep me from agreeing with you. Like one time for me I was playing and the family downstairs cause a power breaker to trip taking out all the power in the building for about 30 minutes. Should I really be banned for 24 hours because of some people I say maybe two words to in the hallway causing me to disconnect?
---
I love you girl but I'm not the answer for the questions you still have...
#3xDarknezzxPosted 3/2/2013 2:05:36 PM
this is why dota 2 is better than lol
#4AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 2:05:59 PM
yes you should. 24 hours from ranked isnt really that bad. Also that rare moment when that happens most likely wont happen often enough to turn you into a repeat offender. The people that were selected to play on your team also wont have their time wasted or records messed up by it.

Plus you can play normals in 2 hours. There are plenty of things to do in that time.
---
#5sequeezeyPosted 3/2/2013 2:12:08 PM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
yes you should. 24 hours from ranked isnt really that bad. Also that rare moment when that happens most likely wont happen often enough to turn you into a repeat offender. The people that were selected to play on your team also wont have their time wasted or records messed up by it.

Plus you can play normals in 2 hours. There are plenty of things to do in that time.

Yeah, this basically. Even if it was a completely innocent power outage (and this has happened to all of us) you still completely screwed over your team, and THEY deserve to have their loss forgiven, even if it does cost a little time for you.
---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_
#6MwarriorHieiPosted 3/2/2013 2:20:37 PM
and dont forget those times where you get tons of bugsplats in a row or your loading screen glitches out and you dont even know the game has started.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#7xVashTS98xPosted 3/2/2013 2:20:56 PM
"If your internet acts up ever, stay off the internet!"

I've played 5 games today. I randomly got hit with terrible lag when I tried playing that 3rd game, constantly crashing at the loading screen (joined game 7 minutes in) and dropping from the game once. Went 0/0/4.

Guess I should be banned and never play this game again.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#8Neo_PortaPottyPosted 3/2/2013 2:24:43 PM
xVashTS98x posted...

I've played 5 games today. I randomly got hit with terrible lag when I tried playing that 3rd game, constantly crashing at the loading screen (joined game 7 minutes in) and dropping from the game once. Went 0/0/4.

I'm sure the teammates you fed over think so.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#9AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 2:39:18 PM
xVashTS98x posted...

Never did I say permabanned.

But notice how you said you played 5 games, and on your 3rd game you had random lag and crashed alot, throwing the game for your team. Then you went on to play 2 more games. What's to say that your internet wasnt still going to act up? Give yourself a break from the game and do something else. It might be the time of the day or somebody was downloading or maybe a backround downloader started, who knows. But going from a game with terrible lag straight into another game is ridiculous to me.
---
#10xVashTS98xPosted 3/2/2013 2:45:47 PM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
xVashTS98x posted...

Never did I say permabanned.

But notice how you said you played 5 games, and on your 3rd game you had random lag and crashed alot, throwing the game for your team. Then you went on to play 2 more games. What's to say that your internet wasnt still going to act up? Give yourself a break from the game and do something else. It might be the time of the day or somebody was downloading or maybe a backround downloader started, who knows. But going from a game with terrible lag straight into another game is ridiculous to me.

You assume I didn't stop playing. Why? I didn't say 5 in a row.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random