Whoever plays Garen

#21SexualPizzaPosted 3/2/2013 6:21:22 PM
I'll play Garen all day erryday nooblord, and I'll pentakill your entire team 7 times in a row without even trying and make you post another stupid topic like this.

Watch me not die in a ditch too. Sup now? Go cry. Do it.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#22EphidelPosted 3/2/2013 6:24:57 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
gungrave9009 posted...
Awww someone got schooled by the easiest champion to play in this game.

Doesn't the fact that he's easy to play contribute more to the fact he's broken?

It also makes it more embarrassing if you can't figure out how to handle him. Positives and negatives.
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif
#23Beech_tibsPosted 3/2/2013 6:46:34 PM
Theivey3 posted...
Darius is easy.

doesnt mean they arent the scourge of the earth!
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#24Lord SojiroPosted 3/2/2013 6:48:50 PM
Let's joke about death, it's not like death is that big a deal or anything.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#25ChocoboDreamsPosted 3/2/2013 6:52:36 PM
Ephidel posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
gungrave9009 posted...

Doesn't the fact that he's easy to play contribute more to the fact he's broken?

It also makes it more embarrassing if you can't figure out how to handle him. Positives and negatives.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Garen isn't a character that's "handled" unless you have a strong counter-pick for him, something that's not even guaranteed in blind games.

You know who else is easy to use? Vi. Guess how often she gets banned on a regular basis, even after the nerfs?
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#26WayavasPosted 3/2/2013 8:39:42 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Ephidel posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
gungrave9009 posted...

That doesn't make any sense at all. Garen isn't a character that's "handled" unless you have a strong counter-pick for him, something that's not even guaranteed in blind games.

You know who else is easy to use? Vi. Guess how often she gets banned on a regular basis, even after the nerfs?

Dude Jax, Malphite, Renekton, etc. they are better tops than Garen and they can easily defeat him in lane.
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#27AmarajahPosted 3/2/2013 9:13:29 PM(edited)
ChocoboDreams posted...
Ephidel posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
gungrave9009 posted...

Dude Jax, Malphite, Renekton, etc. they are better tops than Garen and they can easily defeat him in lane.

How do you 'handle' a champ that requires no skill? You literally just run in and faceroll and use your ult at what looks like a proper time.

There's nothing to dodge. A flash engage prevents using your own flash to escape unless you literally do it before he does his, which then he made it too obvious, and anyway, he's probably way faster than you and will still catch up to you with the MS boost after the flash. Basically the only tactic against him is to kite, which can be done with every champ so you can't even use that as a counterplay example.
#28matrix0523Posted 3/2/2013 9:23:48 PM
I'm still surprised that people are just now complaining about him.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#29Arken101Posted 3/2/2013 9:24:36 PM
matrix0523 posted...
I'm still surprised that people are just now complaining about him.

One guy said something and suddenly it's "Oh god this guy is so OP nerf him"
---
[http://animebot.everyboty.net/pix/866.jpg] [http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png]
PSN/360: Maximal769
#30AthinielPosted 3/3/2013 11:31:12 PM
Amarajah posted...

How do you 'handle' a champ that requires no skill? You literally just run in and faceroll and use your ult at what looks like a proper time.

There's nothing to dodge. A flash engage prevents using your own flash to escape unless you literally do it before he does his, which then he made it too obvious, and anyway, he's probably way faster than you and will still catch up to you with the MS boost after the flash. Basically the only tactic against him is to kite, which can be done with every champ so you can't even use that as a counterplay example.

Every champ requires "skill". A bad Garen wins nothing. Sure, he doesn't have skill shots, but he can't just blindly run into whatever he wants and come out the victor.

The fact that there is nothing to dodge means that he has to come to you to do anything. That is his weakness, exploit it. You don't like the idea of kiting? Pick someone who can take him on, and do it at the proper level.

Renekton, Jax, Olaf, Sin Lee, and I'm sure others can shut down Garen if used properly. If the Garen is bad they will destroy him easily... if they are bad, they will lose. If they are of equal skill, it will be a fun game.

There are plenty of champs that can either shut Garen down in lane, or make it a farm fest. There are very few champs he just destroys. Of course, if you let him get fed, he becomes a beast... but so does any fed champ.