Should I avoid my lvl 30 group of friends?

#1DrexBrightbladePosted 3/2/2013 11:04:30 PM
I just started playing recently, yet they want me to join their group. Sure its great fun and an extreme honor to have a chance with working alongside them and seeing some upper level play in action, but I really feel like I'm holding their whole team back when I'm just level 11.

One game I started off extremely well - held my lane, pushed back two towers, but once things hit late game and all the group combat started, I was dying insanely fast and doing absolutely pathetic damage. (playing tanky Garen - warmogs / runic bulwark / sunfire cape / ninja tabi). The damage I expected, but dying easily to everyone just made me wonder.

Is my lack of quality runes and masteries just a complete detriment to their team, or is it primarily my inexperience to blame?

(One of my friends recommended that I don't spend much at all on runes until I hit 20; Because of this, I only have tier one runes.)
---
Strength is Nothing, Stealth is everything.
FC- 4382-2475-0875
#2TrevorkkhoPosted 3/2/2013 11:25:50 PM
Ask them yourself if they mind losing(probably not since they want you to play with them)

If you want to win, don't go to either solo lane unless they ask you to, runes make a big different in early game and you will get wrecked in solo lane from trading hits.

Jungle/support have is your best chance if you are play to win. Otherwise it is pretty much you can go wherever you please. Just learn the basic of game, last hit, warding, map awarness, skill sets of most champion etc.
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#3Village IdiotPosted 3/2/2013 11:36:09 PM
Ask them if they mind that you're not level 30.

You're going to have a very hard time though since runes and masteries puts you at a severe disadvantage in any role you play.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#4matrix0523Posted 3/3/2013 12:06:23 AM
Yes. I actually have a friend who just started playing with my group because the mac client just came out.

Not only does he lose us games(which I'm kinda fine with), he's not gonna get better playing people that can destroy him with their eyes closed.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#5Village IdiotPosted 3/3/2013 12:24:32 AM
Without runes/masteries, you are at a complete disadvantage in every tole.

You can't win trades, and you can't even play Support effectively because without hold runes/masteries, in an even lane, you will be behind on wards/pinks and yield vision control to the enemy lane.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#6Mystic__HatePosted 3/3/2013 12:51:16 AM
matrix0523 posted...
Yes. I actually have a friend who just started playing with my group because the mac client just came out.

Not only does he lose us games(which I'm kinda fine with), he's not gonna get better playing people that can destroy him with their eyes closed.

I actually think this is the best way to get better. Getting wrecked? Copy what they do, learn from your opponents. I've got 2 sets of friends i showed this game. One group I smurfed with and carried them to 30. The other group I played my 30 with and grinded to 30.

The group I was on my 30 with is while not insanely better, noticeably better then the ones I smurfed with,.
---
necroix05 posted... As balanced as my breakfast.
but I only had the cereal
#7tacoslayer89Posted 3/3/2013 12:58:23 AM
Nothing wrong with playing with better players as long as you understand what's going on, and as long as no one else cares.
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
#8DrexBrightblade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 2:30:05 AM
I appreciate the detailed responses. Personally, I don't mind losing - it's a learning experience for the most part; However, I don't want to drag down the team due to an element I have little control over at the moment.

I suppose in the end the major question I needed answered was how crippled I am in a high level play without the runes/masteries. Thanks for the heads up; Looks like I have a bit of work to do before teaming up with them seriously.
---
Strength is Nothing, Stealth is everything.
FC- 4382-2475-0875
#9Selrick123Posted 3/3/2013 8:27:40 AM
Why has no one mentioned they try to balance team level when you have a low level in team games. There's usually someone else on the other team that's a low level too. The main problem is you run into smurfs, but you already have that problem if you solo at lower levels. You aren't putting them at a disadvantage because the game still tries to find you a balanced opponent. Hover over your enemies portraits next game you play with your friends. You'll notice not all the enemies were level 30.
#10GarohAdeptPosted 3/3/2013 9:09:00 AM
I'd say play with them. I played exclusively with seasoned level 30s when I started, and I'm significantly better now than my other friends who leveled to 30 normally, and I have less then half their games played. Playing against people much better than you forces you to learn, fast.
---
The XBOX Region is full of fish pokemon. Cod i believe~ DeAcuerdo
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.